Linebacker Depth Chart

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The Super Bowl where he singlehanded stopped a fourth down conversion with a PBU, had a sack and over ten tackles wasn’t enough?
All while coming back from an injury that didn’t allow him to play in the playoffs.His last game his rookie season was calling the defensive plays?

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
Gonna be interesting to see if McVay and company can put some former backups, mid - low round draft picks, and UDFA's around a 32 year old Aaron Donald and create a quality defense.

If they can, it will sure open up attractive options for McVay and company on how to spend the serious free agent money down the road. (Wanna bet it's on QB, WR corp and LT?).

I have doubts about this approach but, I'm not the Super Bowl winning coach with the regular playoff appearances.

This isn't completely unchartered water for us. We had the number 1 defense in the NFL with Micah Kiser(5th round), Kenny Young and Troy Reeder(UDFA) as our ILBs. Jordan Fuller, a rookie 6th round pick at Safety. Darious Williams at one CB (UDFA). Sebastian Joseph Day (6th round) at DT.....and a bunch of other middle round picks.

Sure we're missing a couple of front line players the 2020 had, but we had a topped ranked defense with a lot of the type of guys we have now.

We've developed young players before we a ton of success.

Ram fans should remember this.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
We look like we're 2 deep at corner which isn't ideal but you can still have a solid defense with two corners. Means our safeties need to be on point. If that happens then overall the secondary could surprise some folks.

Rush is dependent on AD doing his thing so if he's still got it we should have decent pressure. I don't think we're gonna be top ten on defense or anything but middle of the pack would be great. And if we are top ten on defense we're probably a playoff team.

oldnotdead

Legend
I would be surprised if they didn't modify their scheme this year. With all the OLBs they drafted I think they will. They could basically play with one ILB on the field wth the SAM and WIL being OLBs. Wagner who is an ILB with OLB speed was used in that role to some extent. The Rams didn't extend Howard who was an OLB and I see Mathis filling his role. Howard played a WIL which is usually a fast ILB. Playing with a WIL and SAM will provide them contain when they play running QBs like Murray, and Jackson. It will also inhibit those quick short passes that Murray needs.

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
This isn't completely unchartered water for us. We had the number 1 defense in the NFL with Micah Kiser(5th round), Kenny Young and Troy Reeder(UDFA) as our ILBs. Jordan Fuller, a rookie 6th round pick at Safety. Darious Williams at one CB (UDFA). Sebastian Joseph Day (6th round) at DT.....and a bunch of other middle round picks.

Sure we're missing a couple of front line players the 2020 had, but we had a topped ranked defense with a lot of the type of guys we have now.

We've developed young players before we a ton of success.

Ram fans should remember this.

I also remember we had 5 former 1st round picks starting for the defense of our recent Super Bowl champions.

Perhaps Coach Morris can turn what will be largely a collection of unproven players into a defense opponents dread facing.

We will find out soon enough as 3 of last year's conference finalists are among our 1st 5 opponents.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Jester's Dead

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
By the way, I’m a huge fan of Anyalebechi. Not only was he a two-time Buck Buchanan finalist (and won his conference’s DPotY), but he was the winner of the award (don’t remember its name off the top of my head) that was the best D2 academic in football. He’s smart, he made plays all over the field, and he reminds me - just a bit - of London Fletcher.

nighttrain

Legend
By the way, I’m a huge fan of Anyalebechi. Not only was he a two-time Buck Buchanan finalist (and won his conference’s DPotY), but he was the winner of the award (don’t remember its name off the top of my head) that was the best D2 academic in football. He’s smart, he made plays all over the field, and he reminds me - just a bit - of London Fletcher.
That is very high praise, I will certainly be watching for him!
train

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29