Liam Coen

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I know this team has had a few injuries , but the offense has been just terrible

is Liam Coen the right fit , I have no idea what this offense is tryin to accomplish , the number of 3 and out is staggering

this offense really needs a running back , just has never been the same with out Todd Gurley

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
McVay picks the players
McVay designs the offense
McVay calls the offense

Liam Coen isn't the problem. Is he part of the solution? Only time will tell. But this is McVay's show and his issues to fix.

oldnotdead

Legend
McVay has delegated more of the offense to Coen than most people think. It's no longer a figurehead position. You can see that this offense isn't the same. The WRs aren't layered, it's a more conventional offense schematically. Not all of it but a lot of it is different. Time for a new OC and DC.

The DC I want is John Pagano. This would be a top 3 defense with him. This defense would dominate. When even a no nothing like Cameron DaSilva can see it then it's pretty damn obvious. IF YOU ARE ONLY GOING TO RUSH 4 YOU NEED TO TAKE AWAY THE QUICK SHORT THROWS, I.E. NO MORE 10 YARD CUSHIONS. YOU CAN STILL PLAY ZONE JUST QUIT GIVING AWAY FREE YARDS AND LETTING THE QB NOT ALLOWING THE PASS RUSH TO GET THERE. THAT'S WHY PFF STATS ARE FUCKING MEANINGLESS.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know this team has had a few injuries , but the offense has been just terrible

is Liam Coen the right fit , I have no idea what this offense is tryin to accomplish , the number of 3 and out is staggering

this offense really needs a running back , just has never been the same with out Todd Gurley
Hard to be successful with so many OL Injuries. Your running game is going to be bad, and your Passing game is going to be bad. You can't just coach around that level of injuries.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's McVay's offense just like Seattle is having success with Geno because of Carroll, not Shane Waldron

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
If I have a knock on Coen I know he's a pass first coordinator. Regardless of McVay calling the plays, I believe he's better paired with a run first coordinator type. Next year I could see Coen going back to the collegiate ranks and the Rams having Jay Gruden as their OC, in which, McVay might give Gruden more opportunity for play calling perhaps and Gruden is more of a run first OC.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
McVay runs the offense.
Like Kevin O’Connell wasn’t involved? Wow did he get lucky then because the story was he was a major part of our success

I am not attacking Coen but it’s been bad on a number of levels. It’s a collective effort and he has to take some accountability right? Even if the biggest problem is OL and perhaps too much 11 personnel grouping

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
I agree with Den, who is available who could advise how we might improve our running game? I mean perhaps in an advisory position to the HC because there appears to be a blind spot beyond the OL problems

While we are asking questions, what’s the deal with our new, very young, RB coach? Does he need more time?

What’s the deal with our expensive, former head coach, already advisor to the head coach? Is he on holiday as I haven’t heard dick about him since we hired him!

I will give Carberry a pass but perhaps others here will disagree

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Like Kevin O’Connell wasn’t involved? Wow did he get lucky then because the story was he was a major part of our success

I am not attacking Coen but it’s been bad on a number of levels. It’s a collective effort and he has to take some accountability right? Even if the biggest problem is OL and perhaps too much 11 personnel grouping
That's a straw man. Nobody said Liam Coen isn't involved. But McVay still runs the offense and calls the plays. That didn't suddenly change. The offense isn't working because of the OL issues (caused by our injuries). I'm not going to throw Coen under the bus because he's an easy scapegoat.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That was an interesting read @the tackle. Blaming on both the line AND the backs. Makes sense to me.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It's McVay's offense just like Seattle is having success with Geno because of Carroll, not Shane Waldron

What makes you say that? Pete’s offense had no identity for years. Someone is coaching Geno Smith. I never saw Pete as a QB guru. He’s a defensive coach.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Thomas Brown will now oversee running backs

very-interesting.gif

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thomas Brown will now oversee running backs

He'll be working with the first year RB coach as well as his other duties.

McVay announced that Thomas Brown will be collaborating with RB coach Ra’Shaad Samples moving forward.

“Ra’Shaad is still going to be coaching the running backs. Thomas Brown, as the assistant head coach you ask him to be able to do a handful of roles. There will be times when he’s working with the running backs and tight ends, really our offense as a whole,” McVay explained.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Is someone gonna help Brown with the TEs. Because he needs some help. You have Gruden playing video games in a broom closet somewhere why not have him lend a hand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Is someone gonna help Brown with the TEs. Because he needs some help. You have Gruden playing video games in a broom closet somewhere why not have him lend a hand.
Biggest thing he needs for TE is some talent in the position room. That's not likely to happen before the end of the season.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Biggest thing he needs for TE is some talent in the position room. That's not likely to happen before the end of the season.
That's an oversimplification. Higbee has looked distracted and disinterested out there all season. Higbee has talent. So does Hopkins, who was drafted in round 4 and is obviously talented. He made a difference for us this past postseason and hasn't done a thing thus far.

We all know the room could use more talent. But what is he doing with the pieces he has as well. Way things look right now McVay's moving of Brown to TE seems like a disaster.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's an oversimplification. Higbee has looked distracted and disinterested out there all season. Higbee has talent. So does Hopkins, who was drafted in round 4 and is obviously talented. He made a difference for us this past postseason and hasn't done a thing thus far.

We all know the room could use more talent. But what is he doing with the pieces he has as well. Way things look right now McVay's moving of Brown to TE seems like a disaster.
Hopkins has been ok in a couple games his entire career. Draft status = talent? Oh then Tutu is great right? :D We need people who can play TE. Higs is fine sometimes but is inconsistent and we haven't had much of anything behind him ever.