Le'Veon Bell's holdout

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
Bell was a late pick. 48th.

So you just missed that LOL.

Injuries and TWO drug suspensions ARE a risk.

And as far as his touches it's not a big deal here are the numbers. He hasn't been driven into the ground.........mostly because he misses games. Another issue LOL.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BellLe00.htm

Add up the catches and carries and get back to me.

So freak anything he has done ON the field.

Look at what he has done OFF the field.

2 suspensions and this dumbass holdout.

It's a risk.

I'm out.

Most RBs (and players for that matter) come with an injury history and future risk. its the nature of the sport, and I dont think Bells specific case is anything major. As for the suspensions, there will likely be clauses in his contract preventing the team from losing money on him if he is suspended again, so I wouldnt really call that a risk either TBH.

The holdout has been discussed at length already so not really a need to get into, but it was FAR FAR FAR from a dumbass move

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No he’s a free agent next year the franchise tag for him is over 28 million

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think the guaranteed amount was only like 17 million
I saw 30 million guaranteed

From what I understand, the #Steelers’ final offer to RB Le’Veon Bell was 5 years, $70M with more than $30M over 2 years. Last year, the offer was 5 years, $60M. ... Instead, he’ll earn $14.5M on another franchise tag.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) July 16, 2018

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
He wanted to make sure he was going to make it healthy to free agency. This gave him a 100% chance to achieve that. So, yes, he is in control.
Great... He's healthy and hasn't played in a year. Does anyone really think that INCREASED his value for subsequent years?

One thing people tend to forget is that a lot of these guys get paid way more money on endorsement deals then actual contract. Yeah Bell forfeited 12 million this year but how much did he make in endorsement deals. He calculated the risk and by all accounts he won. He had one less year of wear and tear and if the Steelers want to franchise him again they have to pay him almost 30 million or he becomes a free agent and still get that big contract.
His endorsements were apparently $200k last year. Seems a bit shy of the $14 mil he was offered to play. I think you may over estimate Bell's star power and brand pushing prowess.

https://livebiography.com/networth/leveon-bell-net-worth-salary-car/
Le’Veon Bell Brand Endorsement Fees:-

Le’Veon Bell although is a newer addition to the NFL but still after applying four professional seasons starting to get noticed by various local brands of his city. Majority of these bands are a local business but whatever the case is these brands are willing to offer him a reasonable amount for endorsing their products and Le’Veon is steadily increasing his endorsement gig. At the moment the current estimate of his earnings from brand endorsement fees is around $200,000 annually. It is bound to increase at the same time when he is making a new deal with his team.

When you have a proven track record trust me teams aren’t going to hold him not playing this year against him and in fact that’s going to be a big selling point to the fans when whatever team gives him that mega deal.
He has a proven track record of playing in a great offensive system, holding out, and having two drug suspensions too.

Like 12.8 but I’m sure his endorsement deals made up for that but would you take a guaranteed 40-50 million over 13. I know I would because if he got hurt this year then what happens next year. Bell was thinking about his future and in that sense he won.
So if he signs for $40 mil guaranteed, that is $7 mil more than offered and he loses the $13 mil. His endorsement deals are apparently not very lucrative.

If his leg fell off this year - he would have the 14.5 and thats it.

In free agency, he will get a big guaranteed number - probably in the 40s - thats what this is all about. Security in a very dangerous game.
If he signed the offer, he's have $14 mil per year including $33 mil guaranteed. I suppose we'll see if teams look at him and think he is a guarantee to play for several seasons at an elite level in THEIR system.

Lol. So I guess neither is Aaron Donald either huh. It kills me how fans wanna get in another mans pocket. His so -called teammates are trash Bell isn’t the first player to hold out and he won’t be the last. RB is probably the shortest career lasting position in the Nfl. Todd did speak out about the Middle school offense and I bet he would have held out too if he didn’t get extended which would be his RIGHT to do. Get off your high horse. Football is always buisness first
And as a business, there is always going to be the issue of value and risk. He has had two drug suspensions and a DUI. What about that says low risk?

How is he a big risk. Have you seen the numbers he’s put up as both a receiver and running back all the touches he has had every year the guy is a work horse and he’s top 2 in the game and for good reason.
And if he's unable to play, he is no longer that work horse. Another drug suspension and he's likely out for a season. Seems like a sound investment to pay top dollar and ignore the past.

Lol it’s so funny. I love Gurley just like the rest of you but I remember just last year I was one of the main ones defending Gurley lol now all of a sudden Bell doesn’t deserve to get paid more than Gurley. Lol it’s laughable.
No. Bell doesn't deserve to make more than Gurley IMO. I suppose we'll see if he gets paid more or not. These are all opinions here so dropping the attitude of laughing at other people's takes would be cool.

Injuries and TWO drug suspensions ARE a risk.
Exactly. How can it be viewed as a non-factor? Isn't a year suspension mandatory if there's another drug violation?

There’s not a GM in this league that wouldn’t take Bell.
Not so sure about that. I think there are several GMs that would not touch Bell and his demands. You think the Rams would jump at making Bell the highest paid RB? Why? Because we already gots one.

Crappy offer?
5 years 70 million according to Rappaport
Last ditch offer 3 years 47 mill per Florio
And $33 mil guaranteed

It's the guaranteed money that matters if you have a career ending injury. I thought the Steerlers offer was very low on the guaranteed. So much so that had he signed it and his career ended this season he would not have made much more than that tag amount. I could be wrong.
Report was $33 mil in guarantees. Seems pretty good for a RB that all have also acknowledged could go down on any play. The player has risks and so does the team. If he goes down, they are also SOL and have to turn to his back-up - who BTW is doing pretty damn well.

I think the guaranteed amount was only like 17 million
Not from what was reported on several sites. $33 mil

Where are you getting this? I know you keep up on these things but that is far from what I have read.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Great... He's healthy and hasn't played in a year. Does anyone really think that INCREASED his value for subsequent years?

it's great for him. he's healthy and heading into free agency. and it sure did increase his value on the open market. he has 400 less carries than he would have if the stealers had ridden him into the ground again for another year.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay

His endorsements were apparently $200k last year. Seems a bit shy of the $14 mil he was offered to play. I think you may over estimate Bell's star power and brand pushing prowess.

https://livebiography.com/networth/leveon-bell-net-worth-salary-car/
Le’Veon Bell Brand Endorsement Fees:-

Le’Veon Bell although is a newer addition to the NFL but still after applying four professional seasons starting to get noticed by various local brands of his city. Majority of these bands are a local business but whatever the case is these brands are willing to offer him a reasonable amount for endorsing their products and Le’Veon is steadily increasing his endorsement gig. At the moment the current estimate of his earnings from brand endorsement fees is around $200,000 annually. It is bound to increase at the same time when he is making a new deal with his team.

He has a proven track record of playing in a great offensive system, holding out, and having two drug suspensions too.

So if he signs for $40 mil guaranteed, that is $7 mil more than offered and he loses the $13 mil. His endorsement deals are apparently not very lucrative.

If he signed the offer, he's have $14 mil per year including $33 mil guaranteed. I suppose we'll see if teams look at him and think he is a guarantee to play for several seasons at an elite level in THEIR system.

And as a business, there is always going to be the issue of value and risk. He has had two drug suspensions and a DUI. What about that says low risk?

And if he's unable to play, he is no longer that work horse. Another drug suspension and he's likely out for a season. Seems like a sound investment to pay top dollar and ignore the past.

No. Bell doesn't deserve to make more than Gurley IMO. I suppose we'll see if he gets paid more or not. These are all opinions here so dropping the attitude of laughing at other people's takes would be cool.

Exactly. How can it be viewed as a non-factor? Isn't a year suspension mandatory if there's another drug violation?

Not so sure about that. I think there are several GMs that would not touch Bell and his demands. You think the Rams would jump at making Bell the highest paid RB? Why? Because we already gots one.

And $33 mil guaranteed

Report was $33 mil in guarantees. Seems pretty good for a RB that all have also acknowledged could go down on any play. The player has risks and so does the team. If he goes down, they are also SOL and have to turn to his back-up - who BTW is doing pretty damn well.

Not from what was reported on several sites. $33 mil

Where are you getting this? I know you keep up on these things but that is far from what I have read.

I did not think was 33 mil gtd - not truly gtd anyway. If it was, he should have taken it. I don’t think it was though.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Another thing to consider in all this. He just might be missing out on losing a SB to the Rams this year. And might not ever get another chance depending on where ends up. The Steelers are a pretty good team to play for if a guy cares about winning at all.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
and it sure did increase his value on the open market. he has 400 less carries than he would have
And a year older and a year closer to that age 30 cliff that seemingly crushes RB careers

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I did not think was 33 mil gtd - not truly gtd anyway. If it was, he should have taken it. I don’t think it was though.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ed-down-70-million-offer-report-idUSKBN1K71YV

Bell, who instead will play under a one-year deal worth $14.55 million due to the franchise designation, reportedly was seeking a contract worth at least $14.5 million per year.

NFL Network reported the contract Pittsburgh offered included $33 million guaranteed in the first two years and a value of $45 million over the first three years (not all guaranteed).

So he turned down $33 mil and also gave up $14.5 mil in franchise salary in hopes of signing a huge deal.

it's great for him. he's healthy and heading into free agency. and it sure did increase his value on the open market. he has 400 less carries than he would have if the stealers had ridden him into the ground again for another year.

I guess we'll see. He needs to not only get the contract he was seeking but make up for the money he lost this season. Maybe he gets it. I doubt it though.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ed-down-70-million-offer-report-idUSKBN1K71YV

Bell, who instead will play under a one-year deal worth $14.55 million due to the franchise designation, reportedly was seeking a contract worth at least $14.5 million per year.

NFL Network reported the contract Pittsburgh offered included $33 million guaranteed in the first two years and a value of $45 million over the first three years (not all guaranteed).

So he turned down $33 mil and also gave up $14.5 mil in franchise salary in hopes of signing a huge deal.

I guess we'll see. He needs to not only get the contract he was seeking but make up for the money he lost this season. Maybe he gets it. I doubt it though.

View: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1019324630425915394?s=20

Rolling guarantee isn’t fully guaranteed - if his foot fell off in week 1 he was screwed.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

View: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1019324630425915394?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1019324630425915394&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.sbnation.com%2Fnfl%2F2018%2F7%2F18%2F17585956%2Fleveon-bell-contract-steelers-offer-guaranteed-money-free-agency

we've been through this before. why would he accept an offer that gave him less guaranteed money than the franchise tag he didn't want to play under again.

i think he is more concerned about being paid like the premier player he is than the total amount of money. he didn't want to play on the tag again. the system is against rbs as it is and he didn't want to blow his only chance on getting a big contract with a lot of fully guaranteed money. the stealers certainly weren't gonna give it to him so why should he bust his gut again on the tag for them. he did it once for them, played like the good soldier with the promise they'd look after him and they fucked him. they fucked him so hard. $10m fully guaranteed? they basically said he was dirt. "here, take this shit contract. what are you gonna do? sit out the year? haha, yeah sure."

so he showed them. he'll make his money. so it's a year later, so what. he'll make it. they'll still be the fuckwits they always have been.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No he’s a free agent next year the franchise tag for him is over 28 million
The comment you're quoting was in reference to Connor getting a pay raise FYI.

As for Bell it's curious to me, and this isn't directed at you DX just didn't want to make a second post when I'm already quoting you :D, I find it interesting though that he's supposedly going to garner so much interest in the free agent market and going to be the highest paid back in the league yet nobody was willing to trade for him. He was on the trade block for months and generated no interest by all reports. Yes he was a short term rental but there were a few teams mentioned that at the time were playoff contenders that needed a back.

That said I know he'll get signed in the offseason and will make some good money, beating Gurley I'm not sure about but it's possible. He's got a lot of tread on those tires, a few injuries in his recent past and lets not forget the off field trouble he's been in plus not exactly known for being a good locker room or club house guy. Hell the comments we heard from his team about him during his holdout have never been seen before by a holdouts teammates. They even raided his locker room, if they respected the guy you'd have to imagine that would be handled differently. All the best to him I just don't think he's going to end up making that money he said no thanks to this year easily. He is still young yes but lots of tread on those tires.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I’ll bet if the world knew how much gtd money was actually in Pit’s offer, we would all be a lot closer to agreeing on this issue.

Score one for the importance of actual facts.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’ll bet if the world knew how much gtd money was actually in Pit’s offer, we would all be a lot closer to agreeing on this issue.

Score one for the importance of actual facts.
Shhhhhhhh enough with your facts there are feelings involved!!!

:D