Lets talk Playoffs and remaining Schedule

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
Great win Monday, we MUST follow it up with a win on Sunday, who knows who will even be playing, but it doesn't matter, HAVE to win.

So we sit at the #5 seed. We could catch AZ but that seems slim unless they really stumble.

So if we are the #5 most likely its going to be a first round game @ Dallas. I think we would win that game. And then your looking at a game vs the #1 unless the #6 or #7 team wins their game.

So in all likelihood that would mean a return trip to GB (as GB Holds all the tiebreakers). While not ideal I don't mind this as much, as long as we are healthy.

This would be the third trip to GB within a year. The first time we played them with a QB with a broken thumb and our best Defensive player injured and probably at 50%, at best. That game was closer than the score indicated it was a 9 point game going into the 4th Qtr, I thought we battled, but a broken thumb in the cold there is only so much you can do.

The second time we were coming off a bye and looked a bit rusty to me (and acclimating new guys). If we cleaned up the turnovers, (that muffed punt was a killer) I feel we would have won the game. Remember this was a 3 point game at halftime.

So IF we MUST go to GB for a third time, if our guys are healthy, Id like our chances.

I know this is all speculation and it may never happen but its fun to think about. Must build off the momentum of Monday night.

Go Rams

Ramfansince79

Rookie
Name
Ramsfan79
I don’t like playing Green Bay at all—our D is negated when the refs will not call holding on our opponents o-line.

The refs don’t call holding on the Packers o-line.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
I think it all depends on how the team takes this last win. Lately we've dropped the ball after a big win. We need a "super bowl or bust" mentality all the way til the end. These games are nothing more than obstacles to the goal.

madrid311

RomandeacondickersonolsenwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Madrid311
I think during covid any team that loses a player to covid protocol that was vaccinated an equal player or as close as possible has to sit on the other team as well. Increase the practice squad so you can field a team. That would be very interesting outcomes. Coaches included.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If we play like we did Monday night we can win out and I look forward to that allowing us to take the division. That also would likely put us against the Cards for a 3rd time this year which is always dicey. If we don't somehow take the division we'll likely travel to Dallas again for a playoff game.

Turducken

Starter
We are getting swamped by covid now, but it might be a good thing. Better to get it now (while we are 99% to make playoffs). All of our players are vaxxed and appear to be asymptomatic.

I suspect this is going to go through every NFL locker room in coming weeks. We go can through the playoffs with (temporary) herd immunity. Home field advantage doesn't mean much when a third of your team is on covid-IR.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I'm not terribly scared of playing the cowgirls in round 1. Dak hasn't been great and I think they have a few talented players on D, but overall, I don't find their D as amazing. What I'd be a bit more questionable about is going to Lambeau in the middle of winter. Not really sure how our guys will play in the freezing cold frozen tundra. That said, if we are healthy, I like our chances against them also. We basically had no QB or Donald in the last playoff game against them and still had a solid chance to win. ARod's toe seems to progressively get worse, so maybe he will be limping around out there. I'll take whatever advantage I can get.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I think during covid any team that loses a player to covid protocol that was vaccinated an equal player or as close as possible has to sit on the other team as well. Increase the practice squad so you can field a team. That would be very interesting outcomes. Coaches included.
Lol, while it makes sense as a balancing issue on Madden, in real life no possibility anyone would agree to this. If over 10 guys from a team are out due to Covid, the game should be postponed period. There is no chance it is fair to the team with the outbreak, this is not a preparation thing.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think not practicing this week will have a negative effect on the field. Good chance here for Seattle to get in the W column vs our team.

In fact I will say I expect this plus our tough sched remaining means we will be a wildcard team.

So hoping for a victory here but not practicing is a massive thing to overcome for an NFL team. No team is so much more talented that they can install gameplans without doing the work then consistently expect winning results.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
It seems there is also a chance that the last game of the season will be meaningless for the Rams - so we may - once again - watch our 2s and 3s get routed by the Niners

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lol, while it makes sense as a balancing issue on Madden, in real life no possibility anyone would agree to this. If over 10 guys from a team are out due to Covid, the game should be postponed period. There is no chance it is fair to the team with the outbreak, this is not a preparation thing.
I don't care for postponement. The league rules were set forth, teams need to live by them. I don't like the rules but I think tems taking the loss is more efficient and then we don't have all these make up games and BS to deal with.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It seems there is also a chance that the last game of the season will be meaningless for the Rams - so we may - once again - watch our 2s and 3s get routed by the Niners
Irritating thought but I fear you are correct. 9ers are like a boil on our ass that won't go away.

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
One game at a time and on any given Sunday. Rams must approach each game methodically and adapt to which players are available. It's mid-December rolling into January. This is the time the cream of the crop rises to the top. It's all in to the Super Bowl or bust.

And the Rams' mentality to each game is no mercy to their opponents. Play smart, error free football. This is what the top coaching organization do to prepare, adapt and adjust to the moments of the game. I hope McVay stays humble and never thinks that each game is a walk in the park (See Titans, 49ers and Packers and Cardinals). Rams must stay hungry and snatch somebody else's lunches toward the Super Bowl and win it all.

It does not matter whether it's the Buccaneers, Cardinals, Packers or Cowboys. Play it like you want to crush your opponents and never let them come back (see the last 2 minutes in Cardinals game).

Let's hope the Rams win that SB Trophy in Los Angeles and establish the legacy and history that Stan Kroenke brought them back home where they belong.

Go Rams

Tano

Legend
The first time we played them with a QB with a broken thumb and our best Defensive player injured and probably at 50%, at best. That game was closer than the score indicated it was a 9 point game going into the 4th Qtr, I thought we battled, but a broken thumb in the cold there is only so much you can do.
And if Reynolds doesn't drop that pass ....

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Cards play Dallas and Colts down the stretch as well as the hawks the last week. They could easily lose 2 of those, possibly all 3.

If the Rams can beat this bullshit covid restriction against the hawks and win this week. I could see us beating both the viqueens and ravens.

We could be playing the last game for the #2 spot and momentum going into the playoffs. I hate giving away a game to frisco and would love to knock them out of the playoffs.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
[QUOTE="Rams8821, post: 1539143, member: 4963"

So IF we MUST go to GB for a third time, if our guys are healthy, Id like our chances.

I know this is all speculation and it may never happen but its fun to think about. Must build off the momentum of Monday night.

Go Rams
[/QUOTE]
Rams would need a performance like the one against Arizona from the offense and the front seven. Stafford would have to bring his best level of concentration and efficiency as he just did against the Cards. AD and the line would have to dominate as they just did.

Question imo is whether the secondary could also play at a high enough level to slow down Rodgers in GB.

After our last game imo we definitely would have a chance. We would be underdogs of course until we win.

Last edited: