Let’s talk AFC Championship

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Derrick Henry ran over the Chiefs in the regular season, rematch looms

When the Titans beat the Chiefs in the regular season, Derrick Henry led the way. If the Titans are going to upset the Chiefs again on Sunday in the AFC Championship Game, they’ll be counting on Henry to get the job done again.

Henry carried 23 times for 188 yards and two touchdowns when the Titans beat the Chiefs in the regular season, and the Titans rode him all day. In addition to a spectacular 68-yard touchdown run, Henry ran for 10 first downs in the game. Henry only got stuffed for no yardage once.

The Chiefs’ most glaring weakness all season was their run defense. In most games, that didn’t matter all that much because the Chiefs’ offense was good enough to put them in the lead, and opposing teams had to pass to try to catch up.

The Titans, however, didn’t stop giving the ball to Henry even when they fell behind 10-0 in the regular season, and it’s a safe bet that they won’t stop going to Henry in the AFC Championship Game. They’ll try to attack the Chiefs’ defense by going to Henry over and over again, and given the softness of the Chiefs’ defense against the run, it might just work.

The Chiefs are justifiably favored, but the Titans’ experience in the regular season shows they have a path to victory. When Henry is running the ball effectively, the game is going the way the Titans want.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
My feeling is that Henry can't win the game by himself; Mahomes doesn't have to...Titans have stunned me with this run they're on, I just think it ends Sunday...Chefs just have too much talent overall I feel...

IBruce80

Tokyo Ram
Getting behind Saffold.
Also, Henry. I was cheering him on against the Ravens.
Running back, my favourite position, and he played hard.

Plenty to cheer for, and against, this weekend.
There are the favourites, but also a Packers Titans upset is possible.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I will be rooting for the Chiefs, however, the Titans are a great story and I would not be upset if they won, IMO, I just think Mohomes & Company will be too much, but if the Chiefs start slow, the Titans are much better with a lead then Houston.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Packers Titans would be my preferred outcome.

Obv worst would be 9ers Chiefs.

As long as the 9ers aren't in it, I'm okay with either in the AFC even as I prefer the Titans.

fearsomefour

Legend
My feeling is that Henry can't win the game by himself; Mahomes doesn't have to...Titans have stunned me with this run they're on, I just think it ends Sunday...Chefs just have too much talent overall I feel...
A ton of talent on O.
Not such a great D. It’s solid but not nearly as good as NE.
Tennessee has to limit the big plays vs KC.
Tennessee has to run the ball and possess the ball to limit KCs opportunities.
If they can do that it will likely come down to the wire. If they cannot KC likely wins in a blowout.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
As long as the 9ers aren't in it, I'm okay with either in the AFC even as I prefer the Titans.

Now I am rooting for the Chiefs because of Henry Lewis Stram, but I also believe the Chiefs can beat San Francisco, but there is no way the Titans will beat the 49ers, the match up is not there IMHO.
1579106820129.png

Last edited:

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Chiefs should be able to beat the Niners.

Titans would be very iffy.

We should all be rooting on the Chiefs.

But like others have said, I have no ill will toward the Titans and would be happy for them.

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
I bet Spags puts enough muscle in the box to stop Henry.

Make Tannyhill beat you.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
I bet Spags puts enough muscle in the box to stop Henry.

Make Tannyhill beat you.
Im pretty sure that has been the gameplan everyone has used against the Titans. Thats why Henry’s records are so amazing.

I think this game will be close. The Chiefs will have barely any time of possession though. They have the firepower to overcome long sustained drives by the Titans easily. This one may come down to who has the ball last, Titans to run out the clock or Cheifs to take the lead. I am having a hard time settling on a winner.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock

Chiefs are in the bottom quarter of team defensive stats against the run

4.9 YPC against
2051 yards against
Rushing TD's allowed - 14 (19th)

Titans D -
Passing
14 INT's
24th Yards allowed

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Everybody wants to talk about Henry and that great O Line. Which is justified.

However. That Titans D is no joke either. They can lay the wood.
Tanny has also been playing well.

I'm actually leaning toward Tenn on this one. (Slightly)