Lets talk about those officials last night

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
All good comments Mack. I don't know. Tuck rule... yeah, seemed to help them make the SB. So, I hear you. And... there are other examples that are odd optics in this debate.

9-11 and the Patriots winning sounds like a nice story... but really? Does the United States really give a shit about the word "Patriots" as a Superbowl winner following 9-11? I don't see it. Trash the integrity of your game to get the Patriots as winners? Nah, only football fans are making this connection.

And... If I thought the NFL was fixing games, I wouldn't keep watching. I would be a fool to be mislead like that. Maybe I'm a fool for believing it's not happening... but I don't.

Now... they have done some shady shit. Burning the Patriot tapes of SB36... instead of "helping the Patriots" that might have been more about integrity of the game. If whatever they had came out, it could do league damage... put an asterix next to that game, maybe others, etc.

Steering a whole league through subtle referee calls and fixes, I just don't see it.

My whole career outside of ROD is about processes and workflow... So like you, I understand that world too, and consider myself an expert at that. That is actually part of the reason I'm not buying it. It would be way too elaborate of a scheme to keep a lid on.

Now, legalizing gambling... that's an invite for wrong doing. Worth watching that.

EDIT: This day and age... everyone wants to write a book and cash in. Anyone in the know, that gets crossed, would jump at it. Retired referees too. But not a peep?

9/11 shook this country.

I dunno if you remember, but even non-football fans started tuning in and so many gravitated towards the Patriots. And afterward, pretty much everyone but Raider and Rams fans loved it.

It felt to so many like cosmic validation that the Patriots as an avatar for US hegemony would ultimately be victorious. As much and more was assigned to that victory by the Pats from sports and social/political commentators alike.

Also, the NFL made a STAGGERING admission by arguing in court against a ticket holder suing the NFL after a Pats cheating game that the NFL is entertainment and NOT A SPORT. That has VERY important consequences for the NFL’s anti-trust exemption. If the NFL had lost, they could have had to argue to save it before Congress and save the draft.

And to be clear, I specifically said that the Super Bowl is fixed, not every game in the NFL.

Lastly, I used to watch WWE back when it was the WWF and loved it. I’d just rather the NFL be honest like WWE had to be.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
9/11 shook this country.

I dunno if you remember, but even non-football fans started tuning in and so many gravitated towards the Patriots. And afterward, pretty much everyone but Raider and Rams fans loved it.

It felt to so many like cosmic validation that the Patriots as an avatar for US hegemony would ultimately be victorious. As much and more was assigned to that victory by the Pats from sports and social/political commentators alike.

Also, the NFL made a STAGGERING admission by arguing in court against a ticket holder suing the NFL after a Pats cheating game that the NFL is entertainment and NOT A SPORT. That has VERY important consequences for the NFL’s anti-trust exemption. If the NFL had lost, they could have had to argue to save it before Congress and save the draft.

And to be clear, I specifically said that the Super Bowl is fixed, not every game in the NFL.

Lastly, I used to watch WWE back when it was the WWF and loved it. I’d just rather the NFL be honest like WWE had to be.
Kraft even made reference to that in his victory speech.

Spirituality, faith, and democracy are the cornerstones of our country. We are all Patriots, and tonight, the Patriots are world champions.
Patriots owner Robert Kraft accepting the Vince Lombardi Trophy[29]

I doubt that he's made similar comments following the other victories they had.