Let's predict Fisher/Snead MOCK

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
So we've all had our say on what we want here in numerous threads, and of course for many of us the draft will likely be 180 out from hopes and expectations. So here's your chance to predict what Fish and Snead will do. Basic idea is I'll bump this sorry collection of predictions after the draft and who knows, maybe we'll have a good laugh. Or we can commiserate, cry, and pound alcohol...

FAs

+ WR Jones. Hard to say which FA WR they will get since all are average types. I think Jones will be highly coveted, but since the Rams will be heavy on the position in FA there's a chance they add him.
+ TE Fleener. His 2014 season was superb, and showed what he can do. Instant upgrade passing game weapon.
+ DT Knighton. Fish has mentioned they need to get better vs the run. Good run stuffer and big body.
+ CB Johnson. Rams might just let him play out the tag next year and prove he can stay healthy.
+ DE Hayes. Can't imagine him walking. Rams should get this done.
+ S Barron. Impact player and great fit. Not signing him creates a great need in draft so will get done.

TRADE

+ QB McCarron. Young game manager type QB that fits what Fish wants for affordable trade.
- 2016 Draft Round 2 Pick #43. Bengals need defense and can get round 1 value there with pick 43.

DRAFT

1. CB Alexander. Good chance he is there at 15 because of his lack of ideal size and because he is primarily a press corner who is going to need some development in zone. Definite ROY contender.
2. WR Boyd. There was a lot of buzz about him at the combine in spite of his poor workout. But I think he has a good chance to be there at 45. If Rams get him he is a quick contributor IMO.
3. DE Ward. Big bodied DE who can play inside technique. Nice fit for what the Rams like.
4. WR Sharpe. Great route runner, decent size, small hands but excellent at catching the ball.
6. K Fairbairn. Rams need to upgrade kicker. This guy accomplishes that.
7. QB Fronapfle. Big, smart, throws with anticipation. Should go round 7 range.

SO in closing... I am interested in hearing your predictions.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Minor nit - the Rams don't have a 7th - it was traded for Keenum.

I would expect Keenum to resign - I doubt any team wants him enough to give up a pick, depending on the tender level.

I could see the Rams wanting McCarron, though I'd think they would insist on some pick back. Or is that where the 7th came from?

They might not use a pick on a kicker, much of the time they are UDFAs anyway.

Overall, some good ideas. Two of the first three picks are defense, though one pick had been traded for offense - for Snisher that counts as an offensive draft.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hrm good catch on the 7th rounder, my bad.

Re: Keenum I didn't bother with the RFAs particularly him since clearly he'll be back.

I think McCarron will cost a round 2 pick. I'm sure Cincy will push for a round 1 pick but I pray the Rams are smarter than that. I don't want them to do this, mind you, just trying to predict them.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I am not sold on Alexander. I don't think he will be all that good.
I hate trading a second rounder for McCarron but Fisher liked him a lot coming out. I hope they saw enough of him this season to say..........no.
The last four guys I am not familiar with yet. I do worry about taking a DE in round 3 in a class that has the tag of being very weak at DE.

I think I would be disappointed with this one. Sorry

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am not sold on Alexander. I don't think he will be all that good.
I hate trading a second rounder for McCarron but Fisher liked him a lot coming out. I hope they saw enough of him this season to say..........no.
The last four guys I am not familiar with yet. I do worry about taking a DE in round 3 in a class that has the tag of being very weak at DE.

I think I would be disappointed with this one. Sorry

I would be disappointed with it too. What's your prediction? :D

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I would be disappointed with it too. What's your prediction? :D

Too soon to tell, we need to see w h at happens in free agency. I do think they go bpa in round 1. But if they draft a QB, I think it is in a move up using their two seconds, or a second and third. In either the end of round one or top of two.

But,I wonder if McKenzie is going that high. Some think he is overrated.

Ants

Starter
Too soon to tell, we need to see w h at happens in free agency. I do think they go bpa in round 1. But if they draft a QB, I think it is in a move up using their two seconds, or a second and third. In either the end of round one or top of two.

But,I wonder if McKenzie is going that high. Some think he is overrated.

The knock on McKenzie is that he hasn't had an INT in his college career. Watching some "film" on him - he looks really good - quick, tight coverage, willing tackler. I was impressed.

OP - I like the FA stuff. That really looks good to me. I would be pleased if it worked out this way.

Draft prediction - I'll go 3 rounds (for now):
1 - Lynch. I think he'll be there at 15, and I think the Rams take him regardless of who else is on the board.
2A - Taylor Decker - OT falls to us in the 2nd - too good to pass up here.
2B - Charone Peake WR - obvious reasons
3 - Dion Jones - LB - athletic and aggressive - good fit.

This will likely change, but it's what I've got for now. :cool:

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
The knock on McKenzie is that he hasn't had an INT in his college career. Watching some "film" on him - he looks really good - quick, tight coverage, willing tackler. I was impressed.

OP - I like the FA stuff. That really looks good to me. I would be pleased if it worked out this way.

1 - Lynch. I think he'll be there at 15, and I think the Rams take him regardless of who else is on the board.

Where does Decker play? Havenstein has RT locked down, and Decker to me doesn't seem like a LT.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter

Charone Peak in the 2nd Rnd? interesting. I haven't seen him in any mock higher than the 5th round. I watched some of the Senior Bowl practices and he did not stand out.

With Isaiah Bttle and Darrel Williams on the roster as OT back-ups, I would bet the Rams would not use a high pick on another OT.

If Deion Jnes fell to us in the 3rd Rnd, I would be ecstatic! Great prediction on that one.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Why are we taking an OT in the 2nd round?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I like Walter's Mock and would be doing cartwheels and partying like it was 1999, if the draft went like this for the Los Angeles Rams!

RD 1 - 15. Los Angeles Rams: Paxton Lynch, QB, Memphis
I've mentioned that new franchises mean new quarterbacks on countless occasions. Well, perhaps new cities mean new quarterbacks as well. Football failed in Los Angeles the last time, so the Rams need a flashy player to attract all of the B- and C-list celebrities to their games. Paxton Lynch might be able to do that. Besides, the team is discussing an extension with Jeff "Commode .500" Fisher, so with some new security, Fisher will feel comfortable enough to draft a signal-caller.

RD 2 - 43 Los Angeles Rams: Hunter Henry, TE, Arkansas
Jared Cook has been discussed as a potential cap casualty. Well, it's about time. Cook has stolen countless millions from the Rams' organization. Cutting ties with one of the laziest players in the NFL has been long overdue.

RD 2 - 45. Los Angeles Rams: Noah Spence, DE, Eastern Kentucky
The Rams have no issues taking chances on players with character issues. Perhaps they'll do so with Noah Spence, whose disappointing Combine could knock him out of Round 1 entirely. Los Angeles could use Spence to replace Chris Long.

RD 3 – 76 Los Angeles Rams: Maliek Collins, DT, Nebraska
The Rams could be looking for defensive tackle depth with Nick Fairley set to hit free agency.

RD 4 – 107 Los Angeles Rams: Kevon Seymour, CB, USC
Janoris Jenkins is an impending free agent, so the Rams could explore the cornerback position early in the 2016 NFL Draft.

Ants

Starter
Why are we taking an OT in the 2nd round?

Best player on the board? Pretty simple.
Oh, you must me one of those "but we don't NEED him" type of guys. :whistle:

But I was just throwing it out there - could go Henry in the 2nd, with Doctson, etc.
I was being very conservative - figuring many of the "high profile" guys will be gone.
Remember - this isn't about what I would do - it's predicting what THE RAMS will do.

Ram65

Legend
FAs

+ WR Jones. Hard to say which FA WR they will get since all are average types. I think Jones will be highly coveted, but since the Rams will be heavy on the position in FA there's a chance they add him.
+ TE Fleener. His 2014 season was superb, and showed what he can do. Instant upgrade passing game weapon.
+ DT Knighton. Fish has mentioned they need to get better vs the run. Good run stuffer and big body.
+ CB Johnson. Rams might just let him play out the tag next year and prove he can stay healthy.
+ DE Hayes. Can't imagine him walking. Rams should get this done.
+ S Barron. Impact player and great fit. Not signing him creates a great need in draft so will get done.

TRADE

+ QB McCarron. Young game manager type QB that fits what Fish wants for affordable trade.
- 2016 Draft Round 2 Pick #43. Bengals need defense and can get round 1 value there with pick 43.

DRAFT

1. CB Alexander. Good chance he is there at 15 because of his lack of ideal size and because he is primarily a press corner who is going to need some development in zone. Definite ROY contender.
2. WR Boyd. There was a lot of buzz about him at the combine in spite of his poor workout. But I think he has a good chance to be there at 45. If Rams get him he is a quick contributor IMO.

Interesting on McCarron. He he really better than Mannion heads up? Is he that much better to give away a mid 2nd rounder?

Jones and Fleener make lots of sense if not too much money. If they think they can get Boyd in round 2 maybe they don't go Jones. I like Jones but, the money will get tight at some point.

I would like to see the Rams go after Mario Williams 3+ years. I have stated this a number of times. No Chris Long but Williams, Quinn, Donald, Brockers and Hayes could be great. I don't know about Alexander and the health of the Gaines. Could be good. I don't have any real feel for the draft. It is still early. The Free Agent moves by the Rams and the league will help trying to set up the draft. Like to keep Barron and Hayes. McCloud would be a bonus. Seems like the Rams future as the ROD population sees it revolves around a future franchise QB. We don't know what they (Rams Management) are thinking which will have an effect on just about everything else.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Interesting on McCarron. He he really better than Mannion heads up? Is he that much better to give away a mid 2nd rounder?

Jones and Fleener make lots of sense if not too much money. If they think they can get Boyd in round 2 maybe they don't go Jones. I like Jones but, the money will get tight at some point.

I would like to see the Rams go after Mario Williams 3+ years. I have stated this a number of times. No Chris Long but Williams, Quinn, Donald, Brockers and Hayes could be great. I don't know about Alexander and the health of the Gaines. Could be good. I don't have any real feel for the draft. It is still early. The Free Agent moves by the Rams and the league will help trying to set up the draft. Like to keep Barron and Hayes. McCloud would be a bonus. Seems like the Rams future as the ROD population sees it revolves around a future franchise QB. We don't know what they (Rams Management) are thinking which will have an effect on just about everything else.

This was intended to be a prediction thread, so the reason I think the Rams might go after McCarron is that he came from a pro style offense and then played respectably when he went in for the red rocket this season and in particular the playoff game. I don't think the Rams have any idea what they'll get from Mannion. Depth guys don't really get snaps and looks as the season progresses, and the Rams cannot afford to not make a move in the hopes that Mannion develops. McCarron just strikes me as a Fisher type move.

I'd also like to see Williams and have mentioned I think he'd be a big upgrade for our DL. Scheme is a fit, the Rams would stick him at LDE and between him, Donald, and Quinn? Phew, QBs gonna be scared. But as I predict the Rams I'm thinking it is more likely they bring Hayes back AND get a DE in this draft that is loaded at the position. Ward is one of those guys who is a perfect fit and he's gonna go somewhere round 3 given the depth of this DT and DE class.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
If the Rams don't sign a big name to play DE, they go DE in round 1 with one of the Clemson guys, preferably Dodd.
Round two they move up and take Brandon Allen.
Second round pick b will be a WR like Boyd if there.
Third round will be gone in trade up
Fourth round will be Braxton Miller or Jerrel Adams if he is still there.
Sixth Round will be a small school guy that they are afraid to miss in urea period.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Round two they move up and take Brandon Allen.

Wow, now THAT's a bold prediction! I like it!

I do find myself baffled at how Allen is listed as a round 5 or later pick. Hard to believe when you watch his tape that someone won't give him a look earlier. If that prediction comes true I'm gonna mail you some beer man!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Best player on the board? Pretty simple.
Oh, you must me one of those "but we don't NEED him" type of guys. :whistle:

But I was just throwing it out there - could go Henry in the 2nd, with Doctson, etc.
I was being very conservative - figuring many of the "high profile" guys will be gone.
Remember - this isn't about what I would do - it's predicting what THE RAMS will do.
And I can't see the Rams taking a second round OT. It would be the throwing in the towel on GROB and all of last year's picks. This draft is so deep on CB and DLINE we'll see a bpa pick there long before an OT bpa.

Ants

Starter
And I can't see the Rams taking a second round OT. It would be the throwing in the towel on GROB and all of last year's picks. This draft is so deep on CB and DLINE we'll see a bpa pick there long before an OT bpa.

Well, I couldn't see the Rams taking T. Austin, much less move up for him. Yet here he is. (y)

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
OK! Let me take a crack at this, ( Although I'd rather do this after FA)

Round 1 @ Pick #15
DE - Shaq Lawson - Clemson - 6ft 3 / 269 / 4.70 in the 40 / 33.0 Vert./ Jumped 10ft in the Broad / did 4.21 in the short shuttle / and went 5.89 in the cone drills at the combine! I believe he'll make a great replacement for Chris Long!!

Round 2a @ Pick #43
QB - Conner Cook - Michigan - 6ft 4 / 220 / did 48.0 in the 40. this is the perfect spot to pick him!

Round 2b @ Pick #45
WR - Braxton Miller - Ohio St.- 6ft 1 / 201 /4.50 in the 40 / 35.0 Vert./ Broad jumped 10ft 3 / did 4.07 in the short shuttle / and did the cone in 6.65 at the combine. Has a lot of talent play QB too. which could lead to some Offensive "Trickery" By Fisher and company!!

Round 3 @ Pick # 76
SS - Miles Killebrew - Southern Utah - 6ft 2 / 217 /4.65 in the 40 / 38.0 Vert./ Broad jumped 10ft 7 / did the short shuttle in 4.18 / and the cone in 4.63. " This kid is a REALLY hard hitter, and always around the Ball! I REALLY, REALLY would love to see the Rams get him!!

Round 4 @ Pick #107
CB - Maurice Canady - Virginia - 6ft 1 / 193 /4.54 in the 40 / 38.0 Vert./ Jumped 10ft 4 in the Broad / did the short shuttle in 7.03. I think he'd be a nice addition!

There are other's at center, DT, LB and/ or another WR I could add, But I think that's enough for now. I really want to see what the Rams do in the FA Market!!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, I couldn't see the Rams taking T. Austin, much less move up for him. Yet here he is. (y)
Not even a similar situation! We needed a wr and playmaker and they took one it was obvious one was going to be taken t g at year. But an OT this year? Two years ago the #2 pick overall followed the next year with 6 draft picks and an udfa. Yeah a center is the only pick that makes sense on the oline.