Let the debates begin- Selection committe releases standings

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
1. Alabama-
2. Clemson
3. Michigan
4. Texas A&M-
5. Washington
6. Ohio State
7. Louisville
8. Wisconsin
9. Auburn
10. Nebraska

I swear they try to create controversy....
Washington out but A&M in?? Gimme a break
A&M in despite getting crushed by Bama yet Louisville who was a bad call away from beating Clemson is all the way down at 7? Good grief
Washington with no losses at 5?

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Yeah, They need to expand these playoffs already to 8 teams. It's doable but there will still be controversy then. I'm just proud to see my HUSKERS on the list. Now they need to go take Ohio State's spot this week. GO BIG RED!!!!!!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
1. Alabama-
2. Clemson
3. Michigan
4. Texas A&M-
5. Washington
6. Ohio State
7. Louisville
8. Wisconsin
9. Auburn
10. Nebraska

I swear they try to create controversy....
Washington out but A&M in?? Gimme a break
A&M in despite getting crushed by Bama yet Louisville who was a bad call away from beating Clemson is all the way down at 7? Good grief
Washington with no losses at 5?

I am still not a believer in the ACC. Clemson dominates and the rest of the teams are average IMO. And Louisville is a one man show on offense. It is tough to take them seriously enough to make them top 4. The Aggies are ranked too high.

I know that there is an intricate formula that helps form this poll, but there still seems to be some error in it.

Btw, I think Nebraska could be looking at a 3 game losing streak coming up.

I would like to see Louisville vs Wisconsin in a bowl game.

I don't want Texas A&M in the final four. They don't belong in the top nine IMO.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am still not a believer in the ACC. Clemson dominates and the rest of the teams are average IMO. And Louisville is a one man show on offense. It is tough to take them seriously enough to make them top 4. The Aggies are ranked too high.

I know that there is an intricate formula that helps form this poll, but there still seems to be some error in it.

Btw, I think Nebraska could be looking at a 3 game losing streak coming up.

I would like to see Louisville vs Wisconsin in a bowl game.

I don't want Texas A&M in the final four. They don't belong in the top nine IMO.
Im not a believer in the ACC either, particularly Clemson
They beat Louisvile because of a bad call, beat NC state over a terrible coaching decision and missed FG, and FSU would have put the game away had they not called a illegal block that was totally legal...
I don't have a problem with Louisville being 7 but Clemson should be 5 not Washington then
Washington should be in the top 4
They eviscerated Stanford when they were ranked #7

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Im not a believer in the ACC either, particularly Clemson
They beat Louisvile because of a bad call, beat NC state over a terrible coaching decision and missed FG, and FSU would have put the game away had they not called a illegal block that was totally legal...
I don't have a problem with Louisville being 7 but Clemson should be 5 not Washington then
Washington should be in the top 4
They eviscerated Stanford when they were ranked #7

Just curious of your thoughts on Notre Dame's situation. Has Kelly lost the team and staff? The way he recruits, or should I say the school recruits itself, I am amazed that they are as bad as they are. I am beyond frustrated with how many PA and New Jersey kids that ND pulls away from PSU annually. They have two this year that were once considered PSU locks. And Wimbush could possibly be starting at PSU ahead of McSorley

Back to the question though. Is that job too big for any coach? I have been told that the booster pressure is unimaginable at Notre Dame and top coaches won't touch that job with a 10' pole. Thoughts?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just curious of your thoughts on Notre Dame's situation. Has Kelly lost the team and staff? The way he recruits, or should I say the school recruits itself, I am amazed that they are as bad as they are. I am beyond frustrated with how many PA and New Jersey kids that ND pulls away from PSU annually. They have two this year that were once considered PSU locks. And Wimbush could possibly be starting at PSU ahead of McSorley

Back to the question though. Is that job too big for any coach? I have been told that the booster pressure is unimaginable at Notre Dame and top coaches won't touch that job with a 10' pole. Thoughts?
I've never been a huge fan of Kelly, but sure appreciate the stability he has brought.
Can they compete? Heck yeah. They can always recruit because they are on national TV every week, no matter how bad they are.
I don't know about the boosters, but the admin is a challenge. ND is more proud of their 98% graduation rate then winning titles. And ND doesn't cut their kids any slack, as witnessed by the suspensions 2 of the last 3 years.
Kelly's downfall is that he just doesn't develop good coordinators. I don't know if its a vetting process, or that he cant mold them, but he is the defacto OC and DC right now.
And with the offense, its the same thing year in and out. He works extensively with the QBs, he's great at it. He calls all the plays etc. As the QB grows, he basically turns over way to much responsibility to his QB.
So its wash, rinse repeat. Dayne Crist? Rocket arm, played great. Developed turnover issues in red zone, Kelly turns to Tommy Rees who pays immediate dividends. Rees becomes a turnover machine (Particular in red zone) and enter Everett Golson. Golson played the game manager role to perfection, and then was lighting it up in his junior year until, you guessed it... Turnovers.... Etc etc
So the defense is deplorable this year and Kiser was playing great. Kelly now is spending way too much time on the D side of things since he FINALLY fired Van Gorder leaving Kiser to take more responsibility in the offense and wouldn't you know? Turnovers....
They get the kids for sure, they have the spotlight so I think kids want to play there.
Can they get a top flight coach if Kelly leaves? I don't know.
Urban Meyer would have been in South Bend instead of Charlie Weis had they allowed him his 5 guys that didn't meet university standard. But they wont, and off he went to Gainesville
They did it for Lou Holtz but that was under the "prop 48" loop hole back in the day

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I've never been a huge fan of Kelly, but sure appreciate the stability he has brought.
Can they compete? Heck yeah. They can always recruit because they are on national TV every week, no matter how bad they are.
I don't know about the boosters, but the admin is a challenge. ND is more proud of their 98% graduation rate then winning titles. And ND doesn't cut their kids any slack, as witnessed by the suspensions 2 of the last 3 years.
Kelly's downfall is that he just doesn't develop good coordinators. I don't know if its a vetting process, or that he cant mold them, but he is the defacto OC and DC right now.
And with the offense, its the same thing year in and out. He works extensively with the QBs, he's great at it. He calls all the plays etc. As the QB grows, he basically turns over way to much responsibility to his QB.
So its wash, rinse repeat. Dayne Crist? Rocket arm, played great. Developed turnover issues in red zone, Kelly turns to Tommy Rees who pays immediate dividends. Rees becomes a turnover machine (Particular in red zone) and enter Everett Golson. Golson played the game manager role to perfection, and then was lighting it up in his junior year until, you guessed it... Turnovers.... Etc etc
So the defense is deplorable this year and Kiser was playing great. Kelly now is spending way too much time on the D side of things since he FINALLY fired Van Gorder leaving Kiser to take more responsibility in the offense and wouldn't you know? Turnovers....
They get the kids for sure, they have the spotlight so I think kids want to play there.
Can they get a top flight coach if Kelly leaves? I don't know.
Urban Meyer would have been in South Bend instead of Charlie Weis had they allowed him his 5 guys that didn't meet university standard. But they wont, and off he went to Gainesville
They did it for Lou Holtz but that was under the "prop 48" loop hole back in the day

Thanks. It's always good to get perspective from a fan that really puts thought into the situation. I am surprised by the Meyer stuff. I never thought of Meyer as being that big of an education hawk. He could have changed the face of Notre Dame football on the field though. I really thought they had the guy to put them back in the championship chase every year in Kelly. Now they seem stuck with him.

It almost seems like a waste of talent with so many good recruits going there. Like I said Wimbush was a PSU commit who could be the starting QB for the Lions. Instead he is buried on the depth chart at Notre Dame. There are a few recruits this year, like the LBer Adams, that I hope look hard at the situation and open their recruiting back up, but that doesn't seem to happen a lot at Notre Dame.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What's your thoughts on the safety that was kicked off the team? I think he can play a lil bit....
Max Redfield? He's a darned good player. Played as a true freshman so I don't think he's got any eligibility left.
Def worth a flyer in camp next year, may even get drafted late

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's gonna get real interesting. With Ohio state playing Michigan in a couple weeks we are guaranteed to have at most 4 teams with 1 loss. Louisville has Houston, Washington has Washington state. Could easily see one of them lose.
I forget, does PAC 10 have a championship game?

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's gonna get real interesting. With Ohio state playing Michigan in a couple weeks we are guaranteed to have at most 4 teams with 1 loss. Louisville has Houston, Washington has Washington state. Could easily see one of them lose.
I forget, does PAC 10 have a championship game?

Pac 12 does have a championship game.

This is going to get really interesting. If Clemson, Washington and Penn State win their respective championship games, the committee will have a dilemma on their hands.

I think the three best teams in the country are Alabama, Ohio State and Clemson - and then there's a drop off. I would probably put Washington in there. But if we're talking the best teams, OSU and Clemson should play to determine who gets to play Alabama.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pac 12 does have a championship game.

This is going to get really interesting. If Clemson, Washington and Penn State win their respective championship games, the committee will have a dilemma on their hands.

I think the three best teams in the country are Alabama, Ohio State and Clemson - and then there's a drop off. I would probably put Washington in there. But if we're talking the best teams, OSU and Clemson should play to determine who gets to play Alabama.
It sure will be interesting
If Washington and Penn State win, its a dilemma for sure.
The committee has said that winning the conference championship matters
I think it would come down to OSU or Penn State, and the committee would have to eat their words
I cant see a 2 loss Penn State team jumping over a 1 loss Washington team
Oddly enough though, it will likely work itself out.
Now if Clemson were to lose, (Not going to happen) it can get real whacky