Let Me Dream Mock Off-Season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yea, I'll preface this by saying that I know it's completely unrealistic but let me dream people! :LOL:
Hire
Adam Gase OC
gase_adam21.jpg

Released
Sam Bradford QB
Jake Long OT
Kendall Langford DT
Scott Wells C
Eugene Sims DE
Isaiah Pead HB
Total Cap Savings: $33.8 million
Total Cap Room: $34.1 million

Re-signed Players
Kenny Britt - 4 years $20 million($4 million first year)
Shaun Hill - 1 year $1 million
Mike Person - 1 year $745,000
Cory Harkey - ERFA($645,000)
Rodney McLeod - RFA($1.4 million - Original Round)
Total Cap Spent: $7.8 million
Total Cap Room: $26.3 million

Free Agency
John Conner FB
4934511827_aeefcd30ea.jpg

1 year $1 million

Kendricks departs via FA for a starting job elsewhere so we decide to move Harkey to TE full time in Kendricks's old role and bring in John Conner to play FB for us.

Trades
St. Louis trades HB Zac Stacy
Tennessee trades 6th round pick(#2)

St. Louis trades 5th round pick(#9)
Denver trades QB Peyton Manning
peyton_manning_record_TDs.jpg

St. Louis trades 1st round(#10)
Cleveland trades 1st round(#19), Josh Gordon, and 5th round pick(#11)

St. Louis trades 3rd round(#8)
Denver trades 3rd round(#28), 5th round(#7), and 5th round(#28)

Stacy trade has been in nearly every one of my mocks. I think it would be smart to trade him this off-season while he has value.

Okay, this is where the mock gets unrealistic. Manning wants to follow Gase and Elway is ready to move onto the future. He needs the cap room to retain some of Denver's young talent. Denver was considering releasing Manning but with us grabbing Gase, we toss them a pick to make sure we get our guy.

Cleveland decides to move up for Kevin White or DeVante Parker. They've had enough of Gordon. Fisher takes another chance on a player with questionable character and Manning gets another big, talented WR. Gordon is valued as a 2nd rounder here.

On the Denver trade, just adding a couple picks I'd like to use.

NFL Draft
Round 1 Pick #19 - Brandon Scherff OG Iowa

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS9Hq4bdFY0

Analysis: Mauling run blocker that plays through the whistle. I don't think he should play OT in the NFL but has monster upside as an OG.
Round 2 Pick #9 - Ty Sambrailo OT Colorado State

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4l7X33f5Eo

Analysis: Another mauler that plays through the whistle. Doesn't have the range to play LT but should do well at RT.
Round 3 Pick #28 - Cedric Ogbuehi OT/OG Texas A&M

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6tZpQVRuV8

Analysis: Continuing to go OL, might as well get this thing fixed once and for all. Ogbuehi falls because of his torn ACL and struggles as a senior.
Round 5 Pick #7 - B.J. Finney C Kansas State

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHXXOiAZ7dQ

Analysis: Overkill? Maybe. But I'm making sure we're deep and talented. Finney is highly intelligent and technically sound which makes up for his average physical tools.
Round 5 Pick #11 - Jeremy Langford HB Michigan State

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGhTprkJgow

Analysis: Actually not an OL. Talented HB with great leg drive, some nifty moves in the open-field, and the ability to catch the football/pass block.
Round 5 Pick #27 - Nick Marshall QB Auburn

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSwWUhPQ_4Q

Analysis: Developmental QB behind Manning and Hill. Off the charts physical tools but still learning the game as a passer.
Round 6 Pick #2 - J.T. Surratt DT South Carolina

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrFCy6-F5y8

Analysis: Highly intelligent player with a great motor that can stop the run. Rotational DT behind Donald and Brockers.
Round 7 Pick #31 - Leterrius Walton DT Central Michigan
Analysis:
Big guy at 6'5" 320+ that can stuff the run. Will rotate with Surratt behind our starting two DTs.

Starting Line-up
QB: Peyton Manning
HB: Tre Mason
FB: John Conner
XWR: Brian Quick/Kenny Britt
ZWR: Josh Gordon
SLWR: Tavon Austin
TE: Jared Cook
LT: Greg Robinson
LG: Brandon Scherff
C: Barrett Jones
RG: Rodger Saffold
RT: Ty Sambrailo

LDE: Chris Long
LDT: Aaron Donald
RDT: Michael Brockers
RDE: Robert Quinn
WLB: Alec Ogletree
MLB: James Laurinaitis
SPUR: Mark Barron
LCB: Trumaine Johnson
RCB: Janoris Jenkins
NCB: E.J. Gaines
FS: Rodney McLeod
SS: T.J. McDonald

K: Greg Zuerlein
P: Johnny Hekker
LS: Jake McQuaide
KR: Bennie Cunningham
PR: Tavon Austin

I strongly considered Andy Gallik in the 3rd and Sean Hickey in the 5th instead of the combo I have but ended up going with the higher upside in Ogbuehi.

Anyways...SUPER BOWL!

Last edited:

lockdnram21

Legend
i want no part of Manning. Maybe 2 years ago. But tneres rumors that his arm is shot. id rather biuld the line and go with Bradford

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
i want no part of Manning. Maybe 2 years ago. But tneres rumors that his arm is shot. id rather biuld the line and go with Bradford

Certainly looked great this year until he got injured. I'll take my chances. If he's anywhere near the guy he was over the first half of the season, this is a Super Bowl caliber team.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'd take that offseason.

One thing even a declining Manning can bring is a model of how to play the game. He is always prepared and holds people accountable on The field. He would also bring in some faith in the QB.

I would love to fix the line and add depth and future versatility. Saffold is always an injury risk so realistically there is a possibility of needing 4 future linemen.

I don't like adding Josh Gordon to the team though. There are others that don't need his influence. It is time to get away from the desperate model of talent over character. Superbowl teams win with high character stars more than bad character stars. Undeniable talent but addiction is not just ome thing you fix.

Last edited:

FRO

Legend
Sign me up. I couldn't believe the people who said they wouldn't take manning on our team. He was playing hurt at the end of the year. I think the guy has a year or two left in him. I'm tired of losing, so sign me up.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Well, that would solve the offensive line issues, but plenty of fun from @FRO, however, it's time for the Rams to get a Quarterback that has a future not a past!

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
Russel Wilson in the 3rd round? Pete Carroll did it in SC and he doing it in the pros.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Who exactly is that guy?

I wish I had the answers, however, I would be okay with what you and @jrry32 have floated about in other mocks, acquiring Mike Glennon and then spending maybe a 3rd round on Bryce Petty or Garrett Grayson renegotiate Bradford's deal and go into next year with this depth chart to begin the year.

1. Bradford
  2. Glennon
  3. Petty
  4. Davis

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Finally some love for one of my favorite guys in this draft in BJ Finney. Him and Jake Fisher are 2 guys who will probably be available in the 5th who could start day 1 at C.

Love what you did with the line.

Memphis Ram

Legend
In a dream mock offseason scenario for me, every player I want would be available at the Rams draft selections and star free agents would be willing to join the team and play for the minimum.;)

That said, I'd pass on a one year stop gap of Manning and wouldn't want Josh Gordon on the team at all.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Not interested in assuming Peyton's remaining 2 years at $19.mil per.

I am good with a Gordon trade, but the price is too high for a very troubled guy going into his contract season. jmo.

Athos

Legend
I dunno. Prior to that injury, I'd have said yes. But then, we probably aren't having this convo as Manning might still be playing.

Peyton just looked old, tired, weak, and injured at close of season. Doesn't look like he has anything left in the tank.

Not sure how that helps our vertical game either. He just doesn't have the mustard on his passes anymore. What he would provide, is basically just his brain. His body is beat down. Wouldn't wanna risk that.

Not really a fan of Gordon anymore. Pot-head I can take. Lazy pot-head, no. Even if he did come back with Johnny ShitBall as his QB, coming out overweight and out of shape doesn't fly with me.