Let it sink in

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Agreed. And, although it may not be a popular opinion on this board, 2023 AD did not look as dominant as he did when the Rams won the Super Bowl.

So with the added quality and youth up front, I am not expecting some enormous fall off in production. The Rams pass rush was actually a weakness last year.

So, no more Hoecht at edge. Year two for Turner and Young should be an upgrade. I see Verse, Fiske, and Davis as rotational upgrades. Sure, rookies can flop. I know I’m projecting, but I like the high motors of the players they drafted. If nothing else that relentless drive should be able to create more overall pressure on defenses, than what the Rams got last year. With an improved secondary that should be enough.
I think AD was tired of all the cumulative years of getting double and triple teamed. Gotta imagine that shit is exhausting. AD is a huge loss and the question that will only be answered once the bullets start flying is how will our defense fare without our great leader. It'll be exciting since our D line is full of young, athletic, and hungry D linemen. Gonna just sit back and enjoy watching this team grow.

0311rams

RomandeacondikersonwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Name
Madrid311
does anyone know how many snaps or games Donald didn't play on or in for the rams during his career and what did the d look like when he was out. that and this year's tweaks might give us an idea. go rams!

tempests

Hall of Fame
does anyone know how many snaps or games Donald didn't play on or in for the rams during his career and what did the d look like when he was out. that and this year's tweaks might give us an idea. go rams!
Well it wasn't good. Remember the playoff game against the Packers when AD was fighting to play through torn rib cartilage.

According to PFR the Rams managed to get pressure on Rodgers only 10% of his drop backs. That was vs the Rams 23% season average and 30% they had against the Seahawks just the week prior.

In 2022 our run defense yielded 3.9 yards per carry in games he was in vs 4.9 in games he was out.

Rams weren't able to compensate for AD's absence in the past. Just have to hope, going forward, they add enough good players so that his loss isn't felt every week.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
By any unbiased assessment the Rams had an elite 2023 Draft. What if they found the decoder ring and get similar results this year with 4 quality starters and 2-3 quality contributors. And even better that this continues for the foreseeable future.

That decoder ring… I’ve been saying I think the Rams have found something… whether it be an algorithm or characteristic that others diminish or dismiss… they seem to be using a different decision matrix and it’s working. If this draft class works out like I think it will… we’re gonna be really good for a long time and see a few more Lombardis as well

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
I think AD was tired of all the cumulative years of getting double and triple teamed. Gotta imagine that shit is exhausting. AD is a huge loss and the question that will only be answered once the bullets start flying is how will our defense fare without our great leader. It'll be exciting since our D line is full of young, athletic, and hungry D linemen. Gonna just sit back and enjoy watching this team grow.
He said the grind of training camp was his #1. But I can't imagine being double teamed almost all day on defense, that would take the fun out for me. We saw when he got frustrated on the field with his chatter. "Don't help him!" "Be a man!" He was getting fed up. I would too.

hulk smash GIF