Let it Go!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
You don't need to believe everything in "the media".. but you can believe what he's said, how he acted, and what his current teammates are saying.. as well as observing the fact that he fired his agent.

He won the WS in Atl.. that's pretty relevant.

That all being said, he's from Socal and seems to have turned the corner on his sadness over leaving Atl. He's absolutely crushing it now.
Yup and so are the Dodgers! Would be sweet to hold the WS trophy and the Lombardi at the same time....

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Yup and so are the Dodgers! Would be sweet to hold the WS trophy and the Lombardi at the same time....
Need a true #1 pitcher... and a reliable closer, imo. Evan Phillips looks like he can be an 8th inning guy.
The team's overall talent and depth is fantastic.. but I worry they don't have a truly dominant starter. You need a real Ace to win in the postseason, imo.

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
Need a true #1 pitcher... and a reliable closer, imo. Evan Phillips looks like he can be an 8th inning guy.
The team's overall talent and depth is fantastic.. but I worry they don't have a truly dominant starter. You need a real Ace to win in the postseason, imo.
Urias would be an ace on most teams. Dont forget we got Buehler, May and Treinen coming back.

I dont think its a bad idea to get a starter but I don't think we "need" one.

May or Buehler could be the closer circa Julio 2020.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Urias would be an ace on most teams. Dont forget we got Buehler, May and Treinen coming back.

I dont think its a bad idea to get a starter but I don't think we "need" one.

May or Buehler could be the closer circa Julio 2020.
Well aware of all of that. Urias throwing harder as the season goes on is encouraging. He’s a great #2, but not a playoff #1 yet. Just not getting deep enough consistently enough.
Counting on Buehler is dicey.. hasn’t even had a real throw yet. Love May.. stuff is ridiculous. Before he went down, was mowing people down & it looks like he’s put on weight.
Treinen hasn’t played & Kimbrel is too unreliable, imo.

We’ll see. I worry they’re an overwhelming regular season team that doesn’t quite have the stuff you need to win it all. Buehler was a beast in 20… they don’t have anyone like that right now.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
The ring ceremony was last week. I'm sure that party and being around the team made him remanence.

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
Well aware of all of that. Urias throwing harder as the season goes on is encouraging. He’s a great #2, but not a playoff #1 yet. Just not getting deep enough consistently enough.
Counting on Buehler is dicey.. hasn’t even had a real throw yet. Love May.. stuff is ridiculous. Before he went down, was mowing people down & it looks like he’s put on weight.
Treinen hasn’t played & Kimbrel is too unreliable, imo.

We’ll see. I worry they’re an overwhelming regular season team that doesn’t quite have the stuff you need to win it all. Buehler was a beast in 20… they don’t have anyone like that right now.
Geez man Debbie Downer much. This team has 2017 vibes for me. And I think this team is better than 2017.....

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Geez man Debbie Downer much. This team has 2017 vibes for me. And I think this team is better than 2017.....
Not a downer!

Hell of a team! Just looking at postseason needs. Hey.. May could be the surprise.. or Buehler’s corrective surgery could help him get back to 96-97 regularly.

I think a healthy Taylor will make this lineup really hum. Let’s hope Muncy gets going.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
I'll take Allen Robinson over Miller any day. Add B Wagner, and its a no brainer. This is a much better team with those two guys than with Von.
To be fair, it more like Miller/Woods v Wagz/ARob. Will see... but looks like a push to me

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Is there more to the story than the Von quote on the first post?

I dunno… I’m lacking a lot of context on that quote. So, I don’t have my pitchfork out like some ya’al.

GIF by MIRAMAX

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I dunno… I’m lacking a lot of context on that quote. So, I don’t have my pitchfork out like some ya’al.

GIF by MIRAMAX
Von apologist!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

GIF by MIRAMAX
Here it is. My head hurts connecting all the links.

I think Wagner + Robinson >> Miller. Hands down.

Thank you Bills.

Here is the meat of the story;

“Free-agency is crazy,” Miller told me after practice. “You gotta make life-changing decisions, career-changing decisions, in two hours.”

We live in a transactional sporting world, with players famous and unfamous changing teams day after day. When something like Miller happens, and he’s emotional about it, the reaction by some is Man up, millionaire. I’ll change cities for $100 million any day. Well, of course. But think of what Miller went through. He loved L.A., he loved his Super Bowl mates (especially Aaron Donald, as a player and person), he loved playing for Sean McVay. The Rams wanted him back, and he was happy with his moderately reduced workload (he played about 75 percent of the snaps in his 12 Rams games). But then the Bills threw the money and the love at him, and here we are.

Miller went to the Rams’ Super Bowl ring ceremony last week in California. “So hard to let go of L.A.,” he said. “So hard to let go of Coach McVay, [GM] Les Snead and especially Aaron Donald, man. Every time I think about it, man, I get sad thinking about not playing with them anymore.”

I say: Good for him for admitting it. Who can blame Miller for being human, for having a few ounces of regret for leaving a team he’d grown to love. He’s not betraying the Bills; he’s simply getting over a heartbreak. In due time, he’ll be fine, and he’ll be a Bills Mafia favorite. Emotions now, pragmatism later. But let’s be real about the opener, Bills at Rams, Sept. 8, with America watching. That’ll be a tough night for Miller.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
,,,he’s simply getting over a heartbreak.

No. The Rams didn't kick him to the curb. He left. His decision. He did that...regret, yes. Heartbreak, no.

Ellard80

Legend
Like most people he thought it was smart to take whoever was offering the most.

I think it's quite possible he regrets it.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Dont beleive everything you read in the media, if he LOVED ATL so much he'd find a way to make it work..... He's just as happy in LA and will be relevant every year, unlike in ATL.
I’m not a Braves fan. So from a neutral perspective, Atlanta always is relevant. And yes I believe he really wanted to stay with the Braves.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Man is this thread confusing. Is it about Von, or some Freeman baseball player.....

I think Von is acting a tad immature here, which is strange considering his age. Sounds like he just wants it all. To play for McVay, along side AD.....in Dallas.... For Bill's money??

fearsomefour

Legend
Boom can be special, just needs to stay healthy.
I have never been so wrong about a player as I was about Noteboom.
I thought, given his first go round and his bad balance at the time, a move back to T would be a total disaster. His pass pro has really evolved to be absolutely rock solid.
The best compliment I can pay him is when Whit was not in, after the first two series, you didn't even think about it.
I would like to see him get more push in the run game but a great pass blocking LT carries tremendous value.
I was so wrong about him.
Im glad I was wrong and happy to eat crow.

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
That’s interesting. I’d like to hear your take on that.

(y)
Well since you asked.

Its simple for me. Mookie, Trea, and Freddie.

2017 we didnt have those 3, yes we had Seager but I think Trea is a better all around hitter and defender, and i love Seags.

In 2017 the pen was wore out, Morrow and Jansen were running on fumes. This year we have a boat load of arms coming back and even our best Reliver Phillips has not been used that much. Kimbrel is a WC but as 2020 showed we can adjust, I wouldn't be shocked to see Buehler or May or Treinen closing out games in the postseason.

Darvish was not good in the WS, probably due to the cheating. I think this staff is deeper in 22 and they wont rely on Kershaw as much as they did in 2017. The trade deadline will be interesting. Id like Castillo

Bellinger is better now than in 2017, he will have some big hits and he is the best Defensive CF in baseball. In the 17 WS he was pretty bad. But in 2020 and 2021 he had some of the biggest clutch hits in the playoffs.

There are some holes ton be sure, but every team has holes. Ill take my changes with LA.

Ok now back to the Rams!!! Beat Buffalo and VON!!!!!