Lesson's Fan Fest Recap (To Be Continued)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Lesson

Oh, really?
I left for the Dome at around 11:50 or so, scrimmage started at 12:30. I sat in one of the two endzones and would have to say that the lower level was filled nicely, but not completely. The team was stretching on the field before any group drills or plays were started. The first play/drill was kickoff coverage/return. Pead took the very first play to the house. I don't know how hard the players were going as they weren't really tackling until near the end. Anyways, Austin also was returning kicks. I can't recollect any other players that returned kicks, aside from maybe Robinson, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

Punt team/coverage was the next play. Austin/Pead returned punts. I should have been able to recollect on who else returned punts better, but it's hard to remember without writing or taping everyone that returned.

GZ/Baer then attempted FGs with McQuiade/Hus snapping and Hekker holding. GZ was pretty accurate, IIRC, until the 60+ yard attempts came in. He attempted from 60 and 64, both were wide left from where he kicked/wide right from where I sat. Both had the distance. Baer missed a 39 yarder and another 1 or 2 kicks from the 30-40 yard range, I think , but he also made a 52 yarder. He's less accurate than GZ and I don't think he'll be a place kicker in the NFL, granted this was the first time I had seen him kick before, due to his accuracy, but I do believe he could have a future as a punter as he has a relatively strong leg, IMO. Which reminds me, at least 2 of GZ's KOs were fielded from the endzone.

7 on 7 and linemen one-on-one drills were then next. 7 on 7 was happening in front of the end zone from where I was sitting while the linemen drills were in front of the other endzone, so I didn't get to see much of the linemen going against each other. Only thing from the linemen going up against each other is Brockers beating Smith.

7 on 7 had a bunch of good matchups. From the get go, the first play was a pass to Givens with coverage from Jenkins, which resulted in an incomplete pass. Bradford was sharp from what I can tell. He attempted a few passes to Pettis, one of which he had to jump up for and resulted in a TD. Cook looked good as well. TJ McDonald got beaten a few times but also had an interception after Andre Martin made contact with Colby Prince in the endzone, resulting in the ball going up in the air. I didn't focus as much on the QBs as I did the WR/DB play. Martin impressed me as well as Davis for the DBs. I might be getting players confused, but #19, who I believe was Demetrius Fields, seemed to have a rough day. He had at least one drop in the endzone and another one in a different situation.

I have to head out now, but I plan on having additional information from Fan Fest either later tonight or tomorrow morning as I am heading out for the night

One last thing before I leave, a few WRs slipped on the turf while making their cuts for their routes, which I don't think was a big thing, but was shocked about how many times it occurred.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Thanks for the report, homey.

I keep hearing different stories about that 64 yarder. Lots of people posted he missed it, and lots of people posted that he made it. Weren't there refs there who signaled it?

Lesson

Oh, really?
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
X said:
Thanks for the report, homey.

I keep hearing different stories about that 64 yarder. Lots of people posted he missed it, and lots of people posted that he made it. Weren't there refs there who signaled it?

There were refs situated at the goalpost. From my perspective and I believe their ruling, it was a missed FG, but it certainly had the distance.

I have to head out now, but I'll be able to respond to questions either later tonight or tomorrow morning.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

wide left.

didn't all his missed fgs go wide left last season? something to work on.