Les Snead The best ever ?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I loved Ozzie Newsome as a FM for years.I’m not going to say Les Snead
is The Best ever ??

He does deserve his credit & due applause. Stafford will make or help break his career 1 way ? Or another ?

Psycho_X

Legend
I loved Ozzie Newsome as a FM for years.I’m not going to say Les Snead
is The Best ever ??

He does deserve his credit & due applause. Stafford will make or help break his career 1 way ? Or another ?
It took 6 months but damn if you didn't answer your own question. I think ??

Malibu

Pro Bowler
I admit that I really do appreciate what Les Snead has done for the Rams and HINDSIGHT is Very EASY to do but I think the deals that he (The Rams) made with Todd Gurley and Jared Goff may haunt him and the Rams for awhile even though many thought those deals were probably pretty good at that time.

And, Even though I think it is Amazing what he and Sean McVay have done with the Rams in such a short time I do think the Rams need to win at least one Superbowl or two before he or McVay can be considered with the NFL’s Best!
Great GM no doubt but Goff deal was so bad for the team it's not funny. Just think if we didn't pay Goff early we would have over 30m in dead money that we have been saddled with to sign FAs. Gurley I feel management didn't see coming.

Overall what makes him great are several things, he can upgrade when you have a good QB most teams won't ie Raiders etc, finds gems in later rounds, perfectly in sync with HC, good FA evaluator especially the average NFL players. Great mental analysis to justify trading a ton of draft picks away for elite players which I total agree with. Elite players are always worth it and how you know is look at the other team the Rams trade with and analyze the players they end up with those players even at 3-1 we still come ahead see Jville/Ramsey.

Just needs to be sharper on extension contracts so far they haven't extended Stafford hopefully they wait and see then do it or not.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
When the Rams win a Super Bowl then the conversation can be had. Till then, the answer is No.

Can’t be the best if you haven’t won. Pretty straight forward

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
No

And

No.
And no. A lot of really good stuff, but a number of non-negligible mistakes too with both picks (e.g. Robinson) and contracts (pick your favorite.)

Which still makes him a top notch GM, but "best" is a very narrow and specific slot. There can only be one.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
And no. A lot of really good stuff, but a number of non-negligible mistakes too with both picks (e.g. Robinson) and contracts (pick your favorite.)

Which still makes him a top notch GM, but "best" is a very narrow and specific slot. There can only be one.
Agreed

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Great GM no doubt but Goff deal was so bad for the team it's not funny. Just think if we didn't pay Goff early we would have over 30m in dead money that we have been saddled with to sign FAs. Gurley I feel management didn't see coming.

Overall what makes him great are several things, he can upgrade when you have a good QB most teams won't ie Raiders etc, finds gems in later rounds, perfectly in sync with HC, good FA evaluator especially the average NFL players. Great mental analysis to justify trading a ton of draft picks away for elite players which I total agree with. Elite players are always worth it and how you know is look at the other team the Rams trade with and analyze the players they end up with those players even at 3-1 we still come ahead see Jville/Ramsey.

Just needs to be sharper on extension contracts so far they haven't extended Stafford hopefully they wait and see then do it or not.

IMO - Les Snead always try’s .

lol - sometimes can we remember Kevin Demoff & Mr. P the $guy have a little something to say about things.

Sometimes it works & other times it doesn’t.The GREAT thing that Ram Fans may over look as well is The Rams Family.Kevin Demoff comes from a Big time Players Agent.He works for one of the wealthiest Sports Owners in The World!!
Got to Live the Creative Cap Space The Rams use.The Players get Paid to Play 4 The Rams.We who enjoy this Organization should be Happy with where this Franchise is as an Organization.The Rams have come a ling way weather in Cleveland or St. Louis the journey has not always been the Greatest.
Jeanie Buss & the Cooks have good.Stan almost bought the O’Malahays old team. Gene & Jackie help show woman owners in Sports who I believe win Champion Ships.
My memory & spell might not have been great,but the Forum vs. SOFI shows a New Generation.
Les Snead does his part in as a GM
Mcvay & Demoff does there part as well.These Draft Class, trades & FA signings all have been apart of it as well.
—History always speaks for itself.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Win a Super Bowl and I will think about it. Although Don Klosterman did not win one with the Rams, he was amazing and I also concur with @Dz1 the man to the left was not too bad either.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Agree as well. Fisher imo had a lot to do with how Les Snead has drafted. Mcvay as well. Sean Mcvay & Demoff play a Hugh part of Les Sneads success.He is very methodical about how he does things There is a reason & thought behind his decision.When Mcvay said let’s move in from Greg Robinson he found value.That whole Auburn thing though was stinky.Just thought that should have been the gift that kept giving from his first trade RG111. Trade back-
Aaron Donald though sure made up for it though.Taking an undersized DT.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Les Snead & his SuperBowl dreams. I’ll always say Gurley come out in the 2nd half would have went off.Sullivan’s hold was BS.
The other now Georgia RB now Ram was what made the difference on the other side.

TexasRam

Legend
Wow I had to laugh going back through posters response to my 100% factual post regarding Goff’s stats and the actual 9 premium draft pick swap by the “great” Snead.

One person said I called Goff elite. Lol. Read my post. I did no such thing and still don’t.

One claimed I make no reference to surrounding cast for Stafford and Goff. I do this all the time arguing Oline deficiencies for Goff and Hall of fame And pro bowl talent WR’s Stafford has played with the majority of his career.

Let’s engage with truth folks. Otherwise it’s desperate arguements that leave fact and enter into fiction.

That said I hope Stafford blows it up. 50 TD and a Super Bowl and we can praise the greatness of Snead!

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Ok respectful debate.

I can understand the debate about all the stuff about Klosterman era's. Jmho and always will be back in 60s 70s they didn't know much about any college kid.

Heck we drafted a Qb that couldn't throw 35 yards at 1 overall lol.

But let's move away from that,ERA, how in the world does Snead match Vermiel ?

Pace legend.

Holt legend.

Faulk legend.

Kurt legend and I'm sure there's more.

O and btw imho, it hasn't been Snead that got us where we are, but McV and staff.

Point and Counter point Jeff Fisher and crew.

HOW DO YOU FORGET BRUUUUUUCE???

He JUST got his Gold Jacket this year!!!

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
So are you still saying Goff is elite?
200.gif

I used to. After 2018, I really thought he was on the cusp of being elite and defended him until the end. I still think at some point, the light will come on, but I think it'll be after the Lions... Read into that how you will...

RamUK

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Snead is one of the greatest at manning up to his mistakes like the Goff and Gurley contracts and not getting sucked into sunk cost fallacy and making a bad mistake even worse.

That's actually incredibly rare.

jjab360

Legend

Every GM ever has made a bad pick and contracts are moreso on Kevin Demoff from my understanding of the Rams FO.

But no, Les Snead is not the best GM ever. Obviously. There might be an argument for most aggressive GM ever however.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Well. Most aggressive? I’ll go with the best at getting high profile players in a Rams uniform since the salary cap for sure.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I remember NE trading for Randy Moss, now Stafford to ODB ?? Right after trading for Von Miller .

We are talking Fantasy Football. I have never seen anything like this really ever ?