Les Snead talks roster cuts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
They also talk about Johnny Mundt and his journey to making the team and coming back from an OTA injury.

Edit: LOL great story about how Hattfield was even in Rams camp and he ends up making the team. I like this guy more and more.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Also mentions Isaiah Johnson as a practice squad signee ...

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Even after that whiff on Hundley at the goal line?
Funny how a player you don't like one player can ruin their reputation or your opinion on their skill. A player you like you ignore those one plays.

Yes that play has nothing to do with his story of making the Rams and I still like the kid.

Edit : I'm guessing you didn't even listen to Les talk and know what he said about him either.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Funny how a player you don't like one player can ruin their reputation or your opinion on their skill. A player you like you ignore those one plays.
I really hadn't formed an opinion on Hatfield....The only play I can really remember is the missed hit...on a QB.
I value corners that can cover....I value corners that can tackle....and want to tackle.

I seem to remember Michael Jordan making quite a few plays on the ball this pre-season.

And...back to the thread about 7 of 8 drafted made the team....and a couple of UDFA's....I'm assuming they valued Hatfield over Jordan...Which makes me go....hmmmmm?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I really hadn't formed an opinion on Hatfield....The only play I can really remember is the missed hit...on a QB.
I value corners that can cover....I value corners that can tackle....and want to tackle.

I seem to remember Michael Jordan making quite a few plays on the ball this pre-season.

And...back to the thread about 7 of 8 drafted made the team....and a couple of UDFA's....I'm assuming they valued Hatfield over Jordan...Which makes me go....hmmmmm?
I seem to remember Hatfield making some good plays and seem to remember some good coverage for him. Again you focus on one play and attach a negative to the guy but overlook negatives that a guy you like has. I remember Jordan blowing some coverage chances too and making some good plays.

That said my main point of the one you initially quoted was Hatfields story is cool and I'm guessing you still haven't watched it.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
This is starting to sound a lot like the ////

Hatfield-McCoy-Banner.jpg

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
@LACHAMP46 v @OldSchool .

lets-get-ready-to-rumble.jpg

In this corner, we have a SPARQ guy, who really believes the 40 yd dash makes a difference.

And in the opposite corner, Oldschool, and he don't give a flying flip, he values a guy who will play with a broken leg....

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@LACHAMP46 v @OldSchool .

lets-get-ready-to-rumble.jpg

In this corner, we have a sparq guy, who really believes the 40 yd dash makes a difference.

And in the opposite corner, Oldschool, and he don't give a flip, he values a guy who will play with a broken leg....
I love Champ! He just cracks me up with some of his likes and dislikes. Plus my main point of the post he quoted was the story of how Hatfield was added to the 90 man roster is funny especially since he ended up making the team. It's a cool story regardless if the guy missed a single tackle in a preseason game :D

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I love Champ! He just cracks me up with some of his likes and dislikes. Plus my main point of the post he quoted was the story of how Hatfield was added to the 90 man roster is funny especially since he ended up making the team. It's a cool story regardless if the guy missed a single tackle in a preseason game :D

Talk about Longshot. Maybe next year, Madden will make a storyline about Hatfield in Madden 19.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Edit : I'm guessing you didn't even listen to Les talk and know what he said about him either.
I have now...mirroring...better man to man corner....

That Utah team was built to win....I liked a bunch of their players. Don't remember Hatfield...and I'm not questioning Snead/McVay/SonofBum for keeping him....

Peterson....I get.

I'm curious whatever happened to Penton?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Talk about Longshot. Maybe next year, Madden will make a storyline about Hatfield in Madden 19.
Yeah I mean he might not even have been on the team except for the fact he was already in SoCal. I wonder who the DB was that got hurt or cut that opened the spot for him.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have now...mirroring...better man to man corner....

That Utah team was built to win....I liked a bunch of their players. Don't remember Hatfield...and I'm not questioning Snead/McVay/SonofBum for keeping him....

Peterson....I get.

I'm curious whatever happened to Penton?
I honestly didn't see much from him in games. I know he was talked about for his speed and special teams ability a couple times in pressers but really don't remember anything of him in game tape.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I remember Jordan blowing some coverage chances too and making some good plays.

ahhh....you assumed I liked Jordan....

nope, but he did make plays....it's like, Cody Davis....damn he's always around the ball...how can you NOT like that????

In this corner, we have a SPARQ guy, who really believes the 40 yd dash makes a difference.

Yes I do Dr......Yes I do....

and both of these guys run 4.6

so

I was just curious why he was picked over the other???

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

nope, but he did make plays....it's like, Cody Davis....damn he's always around the ball...how can you NOT like that????

Not really assuming you liked Jordan just funny that you bring up a guy who made bad plays should have been kept over another guy because he made a bad play. I'm over it :) Have a good night and a drink for me.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Les looks like he's sportin' a man bun with that hat on.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott

Hatfield's college tape does show good coverage abilities, of course it's college, but you see him with tight coverage throughout video.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

Yes I do Dr......Yes I do....

and both of these guys run 4.6

so

I was just curious why he was picked over the other???
I was a fast guy, so I know it matters.

Not saying it means everything, but it matters.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm with @LACHAMP46 on Jordan. He was a surprise to me, where I was certain he'd make the team. Hatfield I didn't notice but it goes to show the coaches know more about these guys and how they fit.

And speaking of that it was nice to hear Les give Hark credit for busting his butt when he didn't fit. It was a tough deal for him from day one trying to make this team the dude's a pro.

This is gonna be a long damn week waiting for the game not to mention Donald hopefully reporting. Really hope we get some good news by Monday.