Les Snead: Rams not expecting to use franchise tag

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Checkmate

Ram HOF'er
Name
Shaun
Makes zero sense, Fowler needs to be tagged, so we can use him as trade bait or draft bait hoping for a trade not a maybe. By just letting him or Littleton go without anything for them is literally ludicrous and a bad management decision.

This has nothing to do with keeping a player happy especially if that player is leaving anyway this is business not getting anything for either player both top 15 FAs is stupid pure stupid.

One key factor in that out pathway is you HAVE to know that there will be a trade market for the player if he is tagged. I have read the rumblings for Littleton after the combine. But I have heard literally nothing on Fowler.

If you tag a player that teams were only interested in signing without giving up anything than more you are stuck paying a price you didnt want too

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
One key factor in that out pathway is you HAVE to know that there will be a trade market for the player if he is tagged.

Which is not easy to do, but... yep it sort of is that basic. That is the key!

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I think Rams are banking on trying to get as many comp picks next year.

I dont assume any free agents will be resigned outside of Whit. I also think they will try to replace Greg with another kicker in the draft. Which could end up being a terrible move.
The Snead/Demoff/McVay 2020 Ram Org has not been in this position before. There is a very good opportunity that 3 Ram UFA's will sign large contracts elsewhere. DF's contract could be close to $18 to $19 mil. Brockers will be north of $13 million & so will Littleton's.

If the Rams Org. only 2 UFA resigns are Whitworth/Blythe then the CDPA's magnify greatly for this team in 2021. The future rewards might be as high as several 3rd round draft picks & a 4th rd'er too. The current dinky depleted Ram 2021 Draft would heap great dividends for Snead & this Ram team.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
The Snead/Demoff/McVay 2020 Ram Org has not been in this position before. There is a very good opportunity that 3 Ram UFA's will sign large contracts elsewhere. DF's contract could be close to $18 to $19 mil. Brockers will be north of $13 million & so will Littleton's.

If the Rams Org. only 2 UFA resigns are Whitworth/Blythe then the CDPA's magnify greatly for this team in 2021. The future rewards might be as high as several 3rd round draft picks & a 4th rd'er too. The current dinky depleted Ram 2021 Draft would heap great dividends for Snead & this Ram team.

Let's not forget Zuerlein. I think he goes for one big payday because of teams like the Cowboys and Colts who not only need a kicker, but have the cap space to get him. I think we let him go, and get a fifth/sixth round compensatory pick for him.