Les Snead on KFNS

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhxRam

X said:
DR RAM said:
Username said:
Sorry, but I hope not. Unless they trade down real far. Just my opinion though.

I see nothing out of the DTs game play to warrant a high pick. That doesn't mean 1 or (maybe) 2 will become something of value in the league. Just not a gamble I'm willing to take. Especially when there are potential game changers available. A person having just measurables means jack shit to me when you're picking at 6.

That's just my opinion though obviously. I just really don't see a number 6 overall defensive tackle in this draft.
We'll have to see, won't we?
Something tells me it IS going to be a DT though. Whether they take one at 6, or move down, something just isn't sitting right with me. NOTHING I've heard out of Snead/Fisher leads me to believe they'll take a wide receiver there. Now, if Richardson is there... that might be the surprise we're talking about. I don't know how they feel about Claiborne because I haven't heard either of them comment on the corner position at all. Plus, we just signed Finnegan. Kalil would be a no-brainer if he fell. Which he won't.

Why all the damn Richardson love?? In this day and age you dont draft a RB that high in the draft.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
With Langford signing, they aren't gonna draft a DT w/ the 6th pick.

My bet is they are drafting an offensive player whoever is left Richardson or Blackmon.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
PhxRam said:
X said:
DR RAM said:
Username said:

I see nothing out of the DTs game play to warrant a high pick. That doesn't mean 1 or (maybe) 2 will become something of value in the league. Just not a gamble I'm willing to take. Especially when there are potential game changers available. A person having just measurables means jack shit to me when you're picking at 6.

That's just my opinion though obviously. I just really don't see a number 6 overall defensive tackle in this draft.
Something tells me it IS going to be a DT though. Whether they take one at 6, or move down, something just isn't sitting right with me. NOTHING I've heard out of Snead/Fisher leads me to believe they'll take a wide receiver there. Now, if Richardson is there... that might be the surprise we're talking about. I don't know how they feel about Claiborne because I haven't heard either of them comment on the corner position at all. Plus, we just signed Finnegan. Kalil would be a no-brainer if he fell. Which he won't.

Why all the damn Richardson love?? In this day and age you dont draft a RB that high in the draft.
Why not? I get that it's a passing league, but does anyone here think Fisher has evolved? Or that he DIDN'T mean what he said when he said that he wants to protect the QB by running the ball? Or when he and Snead said "there are other receivers in this draft."?

And @Angry Ram...
We have one DT who's an inside pass-rusher and pretty solid against the run, but what we don't have is a 2-gap defender who will plug the middle of the line like a big fat mountain of unstoppable mass. That's the missing ingredient on the defensive line right now.

Here's the bottom line. I have no idea what they'll do. But there are many schools of thought. :ww:

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Idk how you guys can gauge anything out of what we hear. I think they've been pretty vague about what there approach has been approaching the draft.

I do think they might draft for need a little more than I'd like. Who knows really until the time comes.

I'm not really head over heals on Richardson. I do think he is a quality back though, and is worthy of the #6 pick. The top RB in the draft usually goes within the top 10 in the past decade if I'm not mistaken. Except for last years "OMGZ MUST HAZ FRANCHIZE QB" bullcrap. Not that a position pick history means jack anywho.

PhxRam

X said:
PhxRam said:
X said:
DR RAM said:
Username said:

Why not? I get that it's a passing league, but does anyone here think Fisher has evolved? Or that he DIDN'T mean what he said when he said that he wants to protect the QB by running the ball? Or when he and Snead said "there are other receivers in this draft."?

And @Angry Ram...
We have one DT who's an inside pass-rusher and pretty solid against the run, but what we don't have is a 2-gap defender who will plug the middle of the line like a big fat mountain of unstoppable mass. That's the missing ingredient on the defensive line right now.

Here's the bottom line. I have no idea what they'll do. But there are many schools of thought. :ww:

I do not particularly think that the Rams will become a pass first team, but I think a more then capable RB (on this team a backup) can be found later in the draft. For example, only eight of the NFL's top 20 rushers from last season were selected in the first round.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
X said:
PhxRam said:
X said:
DR RAM said:
Username said:

And @Angry Ram...

Out of the last interview you posted and a few other with Snead I would personally say they're leaning towards Richardson. All I hear is playmakers, in no matter what form they come in.

You're right though. We don't know a dang thing. Hell, maybe we do. Prob not though. :lol:

No way to be sure until the time comes. April can't come soon enough.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
X said:
DR RAM said:
Username said:

I see nothing out of the DTs game play to warrant a high pick. That doesn't mean 1 or (maybe) 2 will become something of value in the league. Just not a gamble I'm willing to take. Especially when there are potential game changers available. A person having just measurables means jack shyte to me when you're picking at 6.

I gotta say, that I totally agree with this.

The problem is I'm not sure how much of the draft talk out of Snead/Fisher is smoke screen or not. It's hard to trust GMs this time of year when they're talking about prospects, especially if you think they are trying to trade up or down again.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
brokeu91 said:
X said:
DR RAM said:
Username said:

I see nothing out of the DTs game play to warrant a high pick. That doesn't mean 1 or (maybe) 2 will become something of value in the league. Just not a gamble I'm willing to take. Especially when there are potential game changers available. A person having just measurables means jack shyte to me when you're picking at 6.

The problem is I'm not sure how much of the draft talk out of Snead/Fisher is smoke screen or not. It's hard to trust GMs this time of year when they're talking about prospects, especially if you think they are trying to trade up or down again.
I don't think there is any smokescreen here, and I think the whole term is overrated, especially in the 1st round,,,who are you smokescreening? Every team already thinks that they know best...they pick who they want. I think the smokescreen happens behind closed doors later in the draft when teams are trying to feel each other out. They have a player targeted in the 4th round that they fell in love with, that they think that nobody else knows about. If just one other team is also "in love" with him then a team is worried that that team will move up and snatch him. It just doesn't happen high in the draft unless there are extreme circumstances, and in that case, you don't smokescreen, you say, like we did, "Hey, we wouldn't mind moving down, trade with us". If the Browns tried to smokescreen their feelings toward RG3,,,well, they got fucked.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
DR RAM said:
brokeu91 said:
X said:
DR RAM said:
Username said:

I don't think there is any smokescreen here, and I think the whole term is overrated, especially in the 1st round,,,who are you smokescreening? Every team already thinks that they know best...they pick who they want. I think the smokescreen happens behind closed doors later in the draft when teams are trying to feel each other out. They have a player targeted in the 4th round that they fell in love with, that they think that nobody else knows about. If just one other team is also "in love" with him then a team is worried that that team will move up and snatch him. It just doesn't happen high in the draft unless there are extreme circumstances, and in that case, you don't smokescreen, you say, like we did, "Hey, we wouldn't mind moving down, trade with us". If the Browns tried to smokescreen their feelings toward RG3,,,well, they got fucked.
Fair point about the Browns, but right now there isn't a competition for a trade, like there was the day that the Rams traded with the Redskins. Now come 1-2 days before the draft, I think you'll see competition for trades, then maybe going smokescreen could backfire like you said. But even then, I still believe teams will try and blow smokescreens even in the 1st round, so that they can get the guy they want whether they trade up (over someone who they think might take him) or down. In either case, until the pick gets called by Goodell, I just don't trust them very much.

Angry Ram

X said:
PhxRam said:
X said:
DR RAM said:
Username said:

And @Angry Ram...

Yeah but it doesn't mean they aren't thinking of a 2nd or later round guy that can fit that and use the 6th pick on a TD machine.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Angry Ram said:
X said:
And @Angry Ram...

Yeah but it doesn't mean they aren't thinking of a 2nd or later round guy that can fit that and use the 6th pick on a TD machine.
I hear ya. But it also doesn't mean they aren't thinking of a 2nd or later round guy that can be a TD machine and use the 6th pick on a guy who can shut down an offense. Know what I mean? That said, we hear two different things from this regime, but both center around the same purpose. One, they want to get some playmakers for Bradford. Two, they want to keep Bradford upright and protect him. So either they take Blackmon, or they take a LT/G, or they take Richardson. All of those would meet that criteria. If they go DT, then that means they think there's a surplus of linemen and playmakers later in the draft, or they think that defense is more important, and/or they're done tapping the free agent market for DTs.

Either way, I think that first pick is going to tell us a lot.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
You guys know if the Rams stay put at 6, whoever is available between Richardson, Claiborne, and Blackmon, will be the consensus pick by all the experts. What we don't know is what is Snead and Fisher thinking or planning? You can make an argument for the need for all three players and what great benefit each would bring to the Ram's future. Of course, the glaring need on this team is apparently a #1 WR. But then you could argue is Blackmon a #1 or not?

I'm still hoping Cleveland doesn't pick Tannehill and Miami or Buffalo come calling the Rams. Although, I don't think Miami will be as hard pressed to trade up now that they signed Garrard. And if that is the case, if the Rams trade with Buffalo, Jacksonville and Miami will most likely pick Blackmon and Floyd and the Rams will have to go in a different direction because any other WR in this draft would be a reach at 10, no?

Would that mean the Rams go after the best OLB at 10 and would also be a reach? And then would Sanu and Ta'amu be there at 33 and 39? What extra pick could the Rams expect to get by trading down to 8 or 10? So many questions????

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Ramhusker said:
So many questions????
Indeed. And you gotta love it. It's gonna be a tense day, that's for sure. Obviously the chat room will be open, and I expect all you freaks who aren't out and about to be in there too.

Angry Ram

X said:
Angry Ram said:
X said:
And @Angry Ram...

I hear ya. But it also doesn't mean they aren't thinking of a 2nd or later round guy that can be a TD machine and use the 6th pick on a guy who can shut down an offense. Know what I mean? That said, we hear two different things from this regime, but both center around the same purpose. One, they want to get some playmakers for Bradford. Two, they want to keep Bradford upright and protect him. So either they take Blackmon, or they take a LT/G, or they take Richardson. All of those would meet that criteria. If they go DT, then that means they think there's a surplus of linemen and playmakers later in the draft, or they think that defense is more important, and/or they're done tapping the free agent market for DTs.

Either way, I think that first pick is going to tell us a lot.

Yeah I get that, but to me it' a money thing. I just don't see them spending a pick on a DT or a CB (Claiborne) after giving Langford/Finnegan all that money. I think Demoff is smart enough to not put that much money in a single posistion.

Unless they really are thinking what you're saying, which totally would make this a circling convo. :bummed: