Les Snead on KFNS

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
kfns.jpg

03-22-12 Segment 9, Les Snead
Rams GM Les Snead joins the show to discuss what the Rams are planning

[mp3]http://ramsondemand.com/interviews/snead-kfns.mp3[/mp3]

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
The more I listen to him the more Im impressed with his level of discipline. He and his staff obviously has a framework for the construction of this team and he is not going to stray from it. That's wise.

Wish the would have phrased the draft question differently, but he handled it very well.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
He's also doing a much better job speaking behind the microphone these days. IMO,,, this shows he has the proven ability to make very good adjustments quickly. :ww:

I really get a good feel about him. At this point, he and Fish sure seem like they are going to be a great team.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I think Snead and Fisher are indeed going to be a dynamic duo. Snead does seem rough around the edges but seems to be coming into his own right before our eyes. The rest of this FA period and this draft might get exciting for us RAMS fans!!! :7up:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I'm telling you guys, the Rams are not picking Blackmon if he's there. I strongly have that feeling.
#1 Kalil
#2 Poe
#3 Claiborne

I think it's going to be Poe.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
DR RAM said:
I'm telling you guys, the Rams are not picking Blackmon if he's there. I strongly have that feeling.
#1 Kalil
#2 Poe
#3 Claiborne

Over Brockers?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
DR RAM said:
#1 Kalil
#2 Poe
#3 Claiborne

Over Brockers?
Definitely. Brockers scares me much more than Poe, and our coaches are cocky, I bet they believe that they can get every bit out of Poe and every bit of Poe could be better than just about anything we've seen. Brockers, he's not athletic or stout enough for me. I would take Ta'amu over Brockers to be honest. I like at least 8 other DT's , but there's only a few that can play that BIG DT which we don't have.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
DR RAM said:
#1 Kalil
#2 Poe
#3 Claiborne

I'm with you DR concerning Blackmon, I'm just hoping that they can get Kalil (regardless of my admitted USC leanings). To me, it's about the basics, build from the lines out. OK, I admit it, I want to keep this kid (Bradford) around awhile....not to mention, I'm running out of time. :whome?:

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
DR RAM said:
#1 Kalil
#2 Poe
#3 Claiborne

I think the least risky DT is Coples. He's a star in the making as far as I'm concerned. I really want a play maker on this team and if we are not going Blackmon, Claiborne or Richardson... I definitely want the pick to be Coples. Not even a doubt in my mind. I know DT's aren't known for being playmakers, but this dude is a freak and in my opinion fits that bill. He can more than fill in at DE incase something stupid happens with Long's contract extention too.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
Selassie I said:
He's also doing a much better job speaking behind the microphone these days. IMO,,, this shows he has the proven ability to make very good adjustments quickly. :ww:

I really get a good feel about him. At this point, he and Fish sure seem like they are going to be a great team.
I rather have audio then video of Les I'm jealouse of his silky smoth blonde hair and Jerry Megwire looks man :x p

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
DR RAM said:
X said:
DR RAM said:
#1 Kalil
#2 Poe
#3 Claiborne

Over Brockers?
Definitely. Brockers scares me much more than Poe, and our coaches are cocky, I bet they believe that they can get every bit out of Poe and every bit of Poe could be better than just about anything we've seen. Brockers, he's not athletic or stout enough for me. I would take Ta'amu over Brockers to be honest. I like at least 8 other DT's , but there's only a few that can play that BIG DT which we don't have.

The way he answered the draft question, I agree regarding Blackmon. However I hope youre wrong about Poe.

I though the same thing about Brockers till I watched a few of his games. I originally thought he was overrated. He is billed as this freak athlete at the DT position yet all his measurable are flat out unimpressive. I also extrapolated those measurables to how I thought he would play.

Typically long/lanky DTs are not the best against the run. Usually they excel pass rushing, as they can use there length to their advantage. I saw the opposite when I watched him. He is VERY good against the run. If he develops any sort of pass rush move, he will become an elite DT.

Poe scares the crap out out me. He is hard to evaluate, IMO, because of the defensive system he comes from. While I realize his stat line is a product of that system, I have a real problem selecting a guy with no sacks or TFLs to speak of against sub-par competition in the top 10. He screams workout warrior.

I would rank the DTs
1) Brockers 2)Ta'amu 3)Poe 4)Still 5)Cox(drops b/c of the Langford signing)

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
Selassie I said:

Somebody in Rams PR must have tipped him off about the " I will say this" and the herky jerky motions because frankly I miss all of that. Will the real Les Snead please step up? :bummed: :sly:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
libertadrocks said:
DR RAM said:
X said:
DR RAM said:
#1 Kalil
#2 Poe
#3 Claiborne

Over Brockers?

The way he answered the draft question, I agree regarding Blackmon. However I hope youre wrong about Poe.

I though the same thing about Brockers till I watched a few of his games. I originally thought he was overrated. He is billed as this freak athlete at the DT position yet all his measurable are flat out unimpressive. I also extrapolated those measurables to how I thought he would play.

Typically long/lanky DTs are not the best against the run. Usually they excel pass rushing, as they can use there length to their advantage. I saw the opposite when I watched him. He is VERY good against the run. If he develops any sort of pass rush move, he will become an elite DT.

Poe scares the crap out out me. He is hard to evaluate, IMO, because of the defensive system he comes from. While I realize his stat line is a product of that system, I have a real problem selecting a guy with no sacks or TFLs to speak of against sub-par competition in the top 10. He screams workout warrior.

I would rank the DTs
1) Brockers 2)Ta'amu 3)Poe 4)Still 5)Cox(drops b/c of the Langford signing)
I hear what you are saying, and I have watched a lot of tape also and it helped, but there's something I didn't like, hard for me to pinpoint. He does look a little like Suh at times. I think 6 is too high for him. I'd have him in the mid 1st at best. I guess another point is that both guys will need coaching, and both are a little raw. I can't imagine Poe not being an impact player even if he is just told to destroy the center on every play. I agree on Cox, and there are tons of guys in his/Langford's profiles in this draft.

The GM in me is a little scared of both those guys, but the coach in me wants to mold Poe into a Pro Bowler. Ta'amu, IMO, is further along than either guy.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
DR RAM said:
#1 Kalil
#2 Poe
#3 Claiborne

Why do you think as such oh good sir?

PhxRam

DR RAM said:
#1 Kalil
#2 Poe
#3 Claiborne

I wonder how far we can trade down and still get Poe..

I wouldnt mind

1st rd Poe
2nd rd Sanu

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Username said:
DR RAM said:
#1 Kalil
#2 Poe
#3 Claiborne

Why do you think as such oh good sir?
Just a feeling I have based on what they are saying, not saying and doing in free agency. I think it's a DT.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Sorry, but I hope not. Unless they trade down real far. Just my opinion though.

I see nothing out of the DTs game play to warrant a high pick. That doesn't mean 1 or (maybe) 2 will become something of value in the league. Just not a gamble I'm willing to take. Especially when there are potential game changers available. A person having just measurables means jack shit to me when you're picking at 6.

That's just my opinion though obviously. I just really don't see a number 6 overall defensive tackle in this draft.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Username said:

I see nothing out of the DTs game play to warrant a high pick. That doesn't mean 1 or (maybe) 2 will become something of value in the league. Just not a gamble I'm willing to take. Especially when there are potential game changers available. A person having just measurables means jack shit to me when you're picking at 6.

That's just my opinion though obviously. I just really don't see a number 6 overall defensive tackle in this draft.
We'll have to see, won't we?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
DR RAM said:
Username said:

We'll have to see, won't we?
Something tells me it IS going to be a DT though. Whether they take one at 6, or move down, something just isn't sitting right with me. NOTHING I've heard out of Snead/Fisher leads me to believe they'll take a wide receiver there. Now, if Richardson is there... that might be the surprise we're talking about. I don't know how they feel about Claiborne because I haven't heard either of them comment on the corner position at all. Plus, we just signed Finnegan. Kalil would be a no-brainer if he fell. Which he won't.