Les Snead comments to ponder

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
GMs have been fired for less. I like Snead and his ability to find gems in the draft and UDFA, but the Rams' opinion of him is what matters and he might be too aggressive for Kroenke. Grasping at veteran talent is costly (in picks and cap space) and is not sustainable, the only way you can win every year in this league is by drafting and developing.

Just throwing that out there as a concern, there's no sky falling here. Most of his individual moves I have been behind, but the total sum of them is where there might be an issue.

far - as we both should know as ling time Ram fans is Kevin Demoff is right there on every freaking move. He is the right hand of Kromer. It’s a group effort, so when Snead doesn’t say much it’s because he is taking responsibility. It’s a team effort . Imo

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
far - as we both should know as ling time Ram fans is Kevin Demoff is right there on every freaking move. He is the right hand of Kromer. It’s a group effort, so when Snead doesn’t say much it’s because he is taking responsibility. It’s a team effort . Imo
Absolutely. But Demoff is in a different category when it comes to accountability. If his football moves change the owner's opinion of him for the worse he's probably looking at a move even further to the business side with the stadium and all that. Snead on the other hand will be looking for a job if he loses the owner's confidence.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
This quite stood out to me as well. If Ramsey won't sign a reasonable deal, I have no doubt the Rams will try to get some capital back.

"We've shown in the past that when you have commodities that you might could move on with via trade to collect draft capital that maybe the perception says you don't have and to clear cap space."

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
This is an excellent idea. I teach a 3 hour class every Monday. I will start doing this myself. I almost can't wait till next Monday now.

Thanks for the tip.

I see you posted an Instagram of your students listening intently

814B8978-D440-41B8-8663-370DCDBF2C4F.jpeg

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Absolutely. But Demoff is in a different category when it comes to accountability. If his football moves change the owner's opinion of him for the worse he's probably looking at a move even further to the business side with the stadium and all that. Snead on the other hand will be looking for a job if he loses the owner's confidence.

Yeah - Mcvay plays apart as well.
From what I have seen is Demoff works the contracts. Snead makes the deals with to find the players. Stan supports his front office. So much so he stood by Fisher until Demoff had to fire him.
Snead & his scouts do an amazing job finding players & putting solid value on there draft picks on rounds.
I actually believe Demoff is the one paying these guys to much ??

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock

Ram65

Legend
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...gurley-named-nfl-offensive-player-of-the-year

You mean the 2017 Offensive Player of the Year?

That‘s who they paid.

Yes they paid that person more than they had too. IMHO. IIRC Donte Freeman was the highest-paid RB at the time. His annual rate was $8.25 M. Gurley's contract annual rate is $14.375 M.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/atlanta-falcons/devonta-freeman-14514/

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Yes they paid that person more than they had too. IMHO. IIRC Donte Freeman was the highest-paid RB at the time. His annual rate was $8.25 M. Gurley's contract annual rate is $14.375 M.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/atlanta-falcons/devonta-freeman-14514/

You‘re welcome to that opinion, absolutely.

Seems like hindsight to me but that‘s a pretty common take.

I wouldn’t compare Freeman to Gurley, though or use him as the RB salary benchmark.

Seems like Leveon Bell turned down offers better than Freeman’s deal.

TG’s accomplishments dwarf Freeman’s.

1 fewer season, 1500 more yards Rushing and 26 more TD’s.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
GMs have been fired for less. I like Snead and his ability to find gems in the draft and UDFA, but the Rams' opinion of him is what matters and he might be too aggressive for Kroenke. Grasping at veteran talent is costly (in picks and cap space) and is not sustainable, the only way you can win every year in this league is by drafting and developing.

Just throwing that out there as a concern, there's no sky falling here. Most of his individual moves I have been behind, but the total sum of them is where there might be an issue.

No doubt any GM could be fired for bad decisions and Snead could be too if this doesn't work out going forward. However, as far as being aggressive, no one has been more so than Kroenke himself in his moves the last three years. I suspect he is fully on board with the Rams' "win now" approach. He now has a multibillion dollar stadium to fill. He has certainly been willing to write the checks to try to make it happen. Whether it succeeds is another matter.

oldnotdead

Legend
Typical after the season GM comments. Anyone who thinks he doesn't already have a plan is mistaken. He's shown he's had a plan in place for a couple of years now. Anyone looking at the roster and his moves can see he's already got a plan for next year. This is typical GM mis-direction like he's really going to be 100% honest with a media reporter. LMAO

Ram65

Legend
You‘re welcome to that opinion, absolutely.

Seems like hindsight to me but that‘s a pretty common take.

I wouldn’t compare Freeman to Gurley, though or use him as the RB salary benchmark.

Seems like Leveon Bell turned down offers better than Freeman’s deal.

TG’s accomplishments dwarf Freeman’s.

1 fewer season, 1500 more yards Rushing and 26 more TD’s.

It's not hindsight if I stated the same thing when the contract was announced and I did!

This is more about what the RB market was paying. The Rams had Gurley for two more years with the last being the fifth-year option. At the time they had bargaining power. I get that the Rams wanted to reward Gurley and keep him a Rams for years to come. The Rams overshot the market by a wide margin.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's not hindsight if I stated the same thing when the contract was announced and I did!

This is more about what the RB market was paying. The Rams had Gurley for two more years with the last being the fifth-year option. At the time they had bargaining power. I get that the Rams wanted to reward Gurley and keep him a Rams for years to come. The Rams overshot the market by a wide margin.

Screw that. The rams did the right thing. Gurley earned that contract and I'm happy they didn't make him play another season without a new contract.