LeBron breaches Royal Etiquette

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I wonder if James knew he wasn't supposed to do this. I mean, *I* knew....

23E5DAF400000578-2866696-image-m-41_1418127388010.jpg

Etiquette expert William Hanson told MailOnline that although the Duchess is unlikely to give Mr James the cold shoulder, he still should have kept his arm away from her.

He said: 'Although I am sure the Duchess of Cambridge won’t have worried about it, Mr James should not have put his arm around her.

'Americans are much more tactile than we Brits and this is another example of an American being too touchy feely with British royalty. You’d have think they’d have learned by now.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...houlder-post-match-meeting.html#ixzz3LPxxE4AV

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
William and Kate are just two people. Why would LeBron be expected to treat them any different? We elect our leaders here... I guess they do in Britain too. If William and Kate ask me to dinner, you're darn right, I'm going to kiss her on the mouth. I don't care, I do what I want. US hasn't lost to the UK yet.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
William and Kate are just two people. Why would LeBron be expected to treat them any different? We elect our leaders here... I guess they do in Britain too. If William and Kate ask me to dinner, you're darn right, I'm going to kiss her on the mouth. I don't care, I do what I want. US hasn't lost to the UK yet.
Would you kiss Michelle Obama on the mouth in front of the POTUS?

Royalty isn't elected over there. Only Parliament.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Would you kiss Michelle Obama on the mouth in front of the POTUS?

Royalty isn't elected over there. Only Parliament.
The real question is would she kiss back?

Aside from the Queen having influence over Parliament, their leaders are pretty much elected.

I'm just kidding... I don't really do what I want.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm waiting for our UK Rams fans to weight in on this.

I wouldn't have done that, but I don't make $70M+ a year so I don't think I'm entitled to sweatily grope the Dutchess. o_O

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fuck them and they're "Royal Etiquette". Im sure this writer is more concerned than the Duchess is. You dont come to a country, attend an event in said country, seek out the performer afterwards and then get offended by a common gesture.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I wouldn't have done it, because I know better.

Although unless being knighted, I would never bow to the queen or say your majesty. When discussing with some Brits on deployment, they asked and I told them "I'm an Irishman fighting with the Americans, I bow to no one, especially not the British" we had a good laugh.

I would respect certain customs though, just not those ones. I don't think its that big of a deal though, he didn't know and in today's age who cares?

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Although unless being knighted, I would never bow to the queen or say your majesty. When discussing with some Brits on deployment, they asked and I told them "I'm an Irishman fighting with the Americans, I bow to no one, especially not the British" we had a good laugh.

I would respect certain customs though, just not those ones. I don't think its that big of a deal though, he didn't know and in today's age who cares?
Agreed man. I mean to each his own but they're nobody special to me. They were born into an outdated title. Respect is earned where im from. You dont just get special treatment.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Yeah, Americans don't have to really adhere to Royal Etiquette in that they have to bow or curtsy, because we're not Royal subjects. But I do think it's important to acknowledge their status and importance to their Country and not grope them. I'm probably a little bias because I've studied the history and culture of the Royal Family, dating back to The Plantagenets, and find it really fascinating. I obviously don't agree with everything they've done over the years, or even support much of it, but it's fascinating to me nonetheless. Sometimes I think I'm reincarnated from the Middle Ages, because I'm always drawn to that stuff for some reason.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Yeah, Americans don't have to really adhere to Royal Etiquette in that they have to bow or curtsy, because we're not Royal subjects. But I do think it's important to acknowledge their status and importance to their Country and not grope them. I'm probably a little bias because I've studied the history and culture of the Royal Family, dating back to The Plantagenets, and find it really fascinating. I obviously don't agree with everything they've done over the years, or even support much of it, but it's fascinating to me nonetheless. Sometimes I think I'm reincarnated from the Middle Ages, because I'm always drawn to that stuff for some reason.

I don't believe the Brits need to bow either, many like to though.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I don't believe the Brits need to bow either, many like to though.
True. It's not a law or anything.

"But if you want to bow, we encourage that. Mkay? You do want to express yourself, right?"

flair.jpg

Last edited:

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
I'm waiting for our UK Rams fans to weight in on this.

I wouldn't have done that, but I don't make $70M+ a year so I don't think I'm entitled to sweatily grope the Dutchess. o_O

"grope" might be a bit of an exaggeration

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
"grope" might be a bit of an exaggeration
I didn't mean it sexually, obviously. "Throwing a big sweaty meathook around the Dutchess" then.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'd like to grope the duchess. She's hot!

@-X- : there's the view from the other side of the pond that you were looking for.
lol. I would too. She's very attractive.

But ... would you?

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
lol. I would too. She's very attractive.

But ... would you?

I'm undecided :sneaky:

I might have to go and do some more "research" before making my mind up

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hands off our future queen. You Americans have no class!

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
She's very attractive though. Sisters not bad either and fuck it I'd do the mum as well.

The French took some pics a while back of her with her knockers out on holiday over there. Typical frogs peeking in and not getting involved properly.

It's the modern world, if someone had done that back when Elizabeth was princess it's a far bigger deal, I'm not a monarchist anyway, and used the day off for their wedding to revise for my masters and watch The Mighty Quinn get drafted.