League is about to strike another Gold Mine ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’m not sure where I sit on this.

Its a good gig here in Canada, my annual subscription to DAZN for all NFL games is $150. So, it’s “cheap” by many standards.

But Amazon Prime sounds interesting, maybe.

It sounds like they're just targeting the Thursday games for now (all of them, whereas they had some last year).

I don't understand why the NFL gives exclusive rights to directv - if they just put a price on the Sunday Ticket, every provider would pay to have it. Then we could all just keep whatever we have and add the ticket if we want it.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I’m not sure where I sit on this.

Its a good gig here in Canada, my annual subscription to DAZN for all NFL games is $150. So, it’s “cheap” by many standards.

I believe Canadians should have to pass a test before they can get that type of deal....LMK, when you're ready?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Players did get a raise with the latest CBA IIRC they're all going to get richer with new and bigger TV deals. And the players get a larger share of that than they did in previous agreements. I don't come down on the side for either but it does seem like the owners making more money is the only thing pointed out. People often fail to point out the players will make more money as well.

fearsomefour

Legend
Players did get a raise with the latest CBA IIRC they're all going to get richer with new and bigger TV deals. And the players get a larger share of that than they did in previous agreements. I don't come down on the side for either but it does seem like the owners making more money is the only thing pointed out. People often fail to point out the players will make more money as well.
I’m glad for the players anytime they get a bigger piece.
The money is coming in no matter what.
There are not aren’t stock holders to pay.
So, that money is going to the owners.
That’s business and that’s life.....as it should be frankly.
But, anytime the players get more I’m happy about it.....they are the ones who are going to be dealing the arthritis, bum knees, pain and concussion issues well after their playing days are over....as well as being the only reason people pay to watch.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I wonder if Amazon would have a deal like Direct. I would love to get all the Rams games.
Just be patient, the Earth will be renamed planet Amazon soon enough. If that plan falls through they have Mars as a backup plan.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’m glad for the players anytime they get a bigger piece.
The money is coming in no matter what.
There are not aren’t stock holders to pay.
So, that money is going to the owners.
That’s business and that’s life.....as it should be frankly.
But, anytime the players get more I’m happy about it.....they are the ones who are going to be dealing the arthritis, bum knees, pain and concussion issues well after their playing days are over....as well as being the only reason people pay to watch.
Only 1 team has shareholders and the people working the stadium and the offices can also get more money. Owners can also spend money to improve facilities for the players and the other employees as well. There absolutely are bad owners like Mike Brown and the clown in Houston and their buddy in DC. But there are owners like Kroenke who builds his stadium with his own money and allows the Rams every year to have among the most coaches of any team. Then allows them to invest is sports sciences and the expensive equipment that goes with it. I don't begrudge the owners or the players making money. But I don't want to hear about them whining they don't make enough either when it's the fans that pay them.

fearsomefour

Legend
Only 1 team has shareholders and the people working the stadium and the offices can also get more money. Owners can also spend money to improve facilities for the players and the other employees as well. There absolutely are bad owners like Mike Brown and the clown in Houston and their buddy in DC. But there are owners like Kroenke who builds his stadium with his own money and allows the Rams every year to have among the most coaches of any team. Then allows them to invest is sports sciences and the expensive equipment that goes with it. I don't begrudge the owners or the players making money. But I don't want to hear about them whining they don't make enough either when it's the fans that pay them.
[/
I always forget about the Packers and their situation.

fearsomefour

Legend
I always forget about the Packers and their situation.
As far as the players.....get that bonus.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Can't freaking wait. I just cut all my cable and if I can most, if not all, games via local networks and Amazon...I'm done. Never again going back to cable.

Owners making money? Pssh, I'm not gonna lose sleep over that. Just give me more football to watch for free!!!!!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Just be patient, the Earth will be renamed planet Amazon soon enough. If that plan falls through they have Mars as a backup plan.

Yes, rename Mars, make it so that femininity is well represented on the planet scale (Venus, Amazon - formerly Mars - and Mother Earth.

:p

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
It sounds like they're just targeting the Thursday games for now (all of them, whereas they had some last year).

I don't understand why the NFL gives exclusive rights to directv - if they just put a price on the Sunday Ticket, every provider would pay to have it. Then we could all just keep whatever we have and add the ticket if we want it.

fully 2/3rds of their subscriber base at one point was DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket subs.

Pretty sure part of the DirecTV deal is a throttling of other offers including online streaming. They insisted on exclusivity.

Basically, the moment Sunday Ticket isn't exclusive, they may fold. It's that stark.

The NFL knows they have them over a barrel, but if I'm Roger Goodell, IDGAF about DirecTV's business model, I'm focusing on maximizing the revenue of the NFL for the owners (as is a huge part of my job unlike other Commissioners who actually, ya know... govern the sport).

Hopefully, soon we'll see that deal break and online offerings be a thing.

For a legit "All Games" package, I'd consider $150 through Prime and $99 for a single team. I'd consider that very seriously.

But I'm not putting another dish on my roof. Just no.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The thing is, direct tv doesnt have exclusive rights per se, what they did was allow the NFL to pull off one of the greatest double dips in history.
Direct tv is paying billions of dollars for the right to show games that FOX and CBS are already paying billions of dollars to show themselves. Its literally crazy. Adding Sunday Ticket didnt change viewership, because it didnt matter whether folks were watching the local feed or DTV, it was still the same network feeds. The only impact to the networks was Redzone, which is comical since that is NFL network, ergo a Triple dip!
Its all about platform, and DTV with its unlimited channel base was truly the only platform that could properly handle traffic. So when their contracts were re-bid, there frankly wasnt competition, they just bid against themselves.
Thanks to the digital era, Satellite is becoming obsolete.
And for once, the consumer *should* win. When an Amazon takes over, they wont have the overhead that DTV carried. The $$ for installation, servicing, and all the home software/hardware/equipment all goes away.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
in before da lock

10-17.jpg

<erasing a rant> <yw>