Leading receiver this year (Yards)?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
lockdnram21 said:
Im a go with Quick by mid season he gone be a monster

:zomg1:

Oooooh he went there! Bold shout!
:tu: :brava:

I hope you're right...

RamzFanz

Damnit
lockdnram21 said:

While I can't agree at this point, I hope you're right. The Rams need that WR to be a passing juggernaut!

bluecoconuts

Legend
I'm going to say Givens because he offers something different from the rest of the guys. Austin is really shifty, Cook is big and fast, Quick is big, Pettis has a tendency to get open in short routes, and Bailey is a good route runner.

All these are really good for the short/medium routes, which is what offenses are going to be most focused on, which will allow Givens more chances to go up top. As well as his working on his medium routes, I think he's going to be someone who can hurt defenses a lot. However defenses are going to try to key in on Cook and Austin more because of their playmaking abilities. Givens wont run away with the honor, but he'll take it.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Imma go with cook. Hes big fast and Bradford loves his te. Givens will be close but i think he will draw more coverage

Killgasm

Starter
Name
Alex
I'm picking Cook, because in madden his rating is higher than any receiver on the rams roster! Lol
In all seriousness, I think cook will be the leading receiver because he's fast and big and will be a mismatch for any LB covering him.

lockdnram21

Legend
RamzFanz said:
lockdnram21 said:

While I can't agree at this point, I hope you're right. The Rams need that WR to be a passing juggernaut!

By mid season dude is going to be a beast be st receiver on team. I know its a bold statement but I belive it 100%

RamzFanz

Damnit
lockdnram21 said:
RamzFanz said:
lockdnram21 said:

By mid season dude is going to be a beast be st receiver on team. I know its a bold statement but I belive it 100%

Hey, I like bold.

Here's bold: By the Rams' FIRST playoff game, Givens, Cook, TA, and Bailey are all the rage. Quick is the Ricky Proehl.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
My Top 3

1:) Givens - 1,180 yards, 9 TDs.
2:) Cook - 960 yards, 12 TDs.
3:) Austin - 720 yards, 6 TDs.

UnknownREknown

Well-unKnown Member
I think it'll be Givens. Austin will become the threat that will have to be always accounted for, Cook will be the X-Factor and possibly even lead in TD's...

..but most reception yards? Have to go with Givens, he's gonna be a beast this year!

lockdnram21

Legend
RamzFanz said:
lockdnram21 said:
RamzFanz said:
lockdnram21 said:

Hey, I like bold.

Here's bold: By the Rams' FIRST playoff game, Givens, Cook, TA, and Bailey are all the rage. Quick is the Ricky Proehl.

Quick is going to be similar to Dez bryant or micheal Crabtree.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I'm thinking it has to be either Givens or Cook. I believe Cook will end up with more receptions, but whether that translates into more yards I'm not sure. Givens will likely have more "big" plays but I think Cook has a few 30 yard or more receptions in him too.

Overall, I'd give the edge to Givens because he can easily make a 50-60 yard catch from the outside (not something that regularly happens down the seam). If he can do that with some regularity (which he showed last year), than he can win hands down. If opposing defenses try to double him, then it leaves Cook and Austin much more room and then Cook wins.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I think it will be Givens.

This would have been a cool poll, and I say that just because it really could be anyone.

To me, if everything executes, the ball really will be spread around a lot in order for the offense to maximize it's potential.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
aI think Cook or Austin because they offer the biggest mismatches. I would lean to Cook but I'm gonna go Austin.
Only reason is he has the best chance for YAC which I think means he gets the most opportunitites.
Givens obviously has the deep speed but you would think defenses will eventually play him with deep coverage. Not to say he doesn't have the shorter stuff also.

This is hard because I think for the first time Sam really spreads it around, not just look for "Amendola" all the time like in the past.

I could easily see Cook, Austin and Givens all having 50+ catches. Even Quick could be up there this year.

Can't wait!

But I don't think any of them have over 1,000.

Say Austin 900 ish.

Of course I would do backflips if we had 2-3 1,000 yard receivers.