Leading receiver this year (Yards)?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yards only. Not TDs, receptions or YPC.

I'm gonna go with Cook. He's not going to be a prototypical TE, so he won't be limited by traditional scheme. I think they're going to get him involved in every way imaginable, and Bradford loves him some big ass TE's. Who do you have ... and why?

fastcat

Pro Bowler
Givens will be the leading reciever taking over where he left off from last year. I think he gets 1000+yds. I think cook comes in 2nd

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
fastcat said:
Givens will be the leading reciever taking over where he left off from last year. I think he gets 1000+yds. I think cook comes in 2nd

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
Yeah, it was close for me between those two, but I think teams are going to give him a lot more cushion this year, thereby limiting his over-the-top plays. But then again, I figured they might be able to do that to Torrey Smith, and nobody's been able to lock him down either. Tough call. I just think Cook is going to bust open a ton of seams this year.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
X said:

I'm gonna go with Cook. He's not going to be a prototypical TE, so he won't be limited by traditional scheme. I think they're going to get him involved in every way imaginable, and Bradford loves him some big ass TE's. Who do you have ... and why?

Givens.

2nd year in the big leagues. Great deep threat. 2nd year in this O and second year with Bradford. Also he came from a school that isn't known for football so he didn't get top level coaching and stuff. Now he is getting that.

And he is fast as one of those broccoli farts that sneak up on you.......and he has good hands.

He is a big play guy and will probably break that record for 50 yarders this year.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Who's going to cover Cook? A LB or Safety? I don't think so. But I'm picking Austin for two reasons. First of all I didn't like the pick so that pretty much guarantees he's going to be fantastic. More importantly though is I see him getting the same kind of yardage Welker got out of the slot. What's Welker got that Austin doesn't top?

I think Cook will be number two.

paceram

Pro Bowler
X said:

I agree with Cook but I also think he will lead the Rams in receptions (in fact, it won't surprise me to see Cook lead the team in receptions and Givens leading the team in receiving yardage) as well. With all the weapons (Cook, Givens, Austin, Quick, Richardson, etc) opposing teams will have a very difficult time covering Cook (And Givens, And Austin, etc). But, I do think Givens will also have an excellent season! I think the Rams offense is going to be very hard to stop!

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Giiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiivens!!

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
albefree69 said:
Who's going to cover Cook? A LB or Safety? I don't think so. But I'm picking Austin for two reasons. First of all I didn't like the pick so that pretty much guarantees he's going to be fantastic. More importantly though is I see him getting the same kind of yardage Welker got out of the slot. What's Welker got that Austin doesn't top?

I think Cook will be number two.

Have to remember the relationship Bradford had with Amendola too. Idk though. There's so many questions on how this offense is going to pan out. I do think it will be successful. Just hope it doesn't take to long to find it's identity. I don't think it will based off the protection shown in preseason. To tell you the truth I actually hope they're all very close. That said, if I HAD to vote (which X will bant me if I don't :tooth: ) I'd pick Givens. Not even purely based off the deep ball, I just think he's going to be a superstar for this team and his experience in the O and with Sam gives him the nod.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Yeah, 3 of one or a quarter of dozen of another. I wouldn't be surprised if any of the three lead in yards.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Leader in yards will be Givens, and it wont be close.

Cook might lead us in catches, and will certainly have the most TDs, but not the most yards.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Yards? Givens. Because of the long balls and his new intermediate route running.

Most catches - Cook

Most YAR - Austin

Most TD's? I don't know. Red zone targets are going to be interesting. Cook? Givens? Probably going to get spread around a lot.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
RamzFanz said:
Yards? Givens. Because of the long balls and his new intermediate route running.

Most catches - Cook

Most YAR - Austin

Most TD's? I don't know. Red zone targets are going to be interesting. Cook? Givens? Probably going to get spread around a lot.
Quit redefining the questio....

*looks at new avatar*

Yeah, nevermind.

A55VA6

Legend
Tavon Austin. Only because of the screens and different plays we'll have for him to get in space. I think he'll pick up tons of yards for us.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
I'd go with Givens for most yards. I'd say somewhere between 1200 and 1300, maybe 5-6 TD's.
Most TD'd will be Cook, will probably flirt with 10+.
Also think Cook will have the most receptions. Sammy Boy loves his big TE's down the seam.

Tavon, i see around 75 ish receptions for about 700-800 yards, maybe another 150-200 rushing yards. About 10 total TD's (including returns)

I call myself very optomistic, you guys; feel free to call me what you like :cheese:

RamzFanz

Damnit
X said:
RamzFanz said:

Most catches - Cook

Most YAR - Austin

Quit redefining the questio....

*looks at new avatar*

Yeah, nevermind.

Yeah, that's what I thought. :ww: