LB Tegray Scales?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
Just curious if anyone who watched last night’s game can give any thoughts on Tegray Scales. I know I have read quite a few very good reviews on Micah Kiser (Who, I really think will be a future star for the Rams for years to come!) but what about fellow LB/Rookie Scales? Does he have a chance to make the Rams final roster? If so, What was just recently (Probably, Still is!) considered a Rams major weakness could possibly become much better than thought before the Draft (Especially, If, Another fellow LB Ogbonnnia Okoronkwo can be as good as many Rams fans including me think he can become!).

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Especially, If, Another fellow LB Ogbonnnia Okoronkwo can be as good as many Rams fans including me think he can become!).

That foot deal has me discounting his impact, and that’s too bad.

I hope that he doesn’t come back too soon.

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
His best chance to make the team is to star on special teams. Play so well, coach Bones will argue for him on cut down day.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Just curious if anyone who watched last night’s game can give any thoughts on Tegray Scales. I know I have read quite a few very good reviews on Micah Kiser (Who, I really think will be a future star for the Rams for years to come!) but what about fellow LB/Rookie Scales? Does he have a chance to make the Rams final roster? If so, What was just recently (Probably, Still is!) considered a Rams major weakness could possibly become much better than thought before the Draft (Especially, If, Another fellow LB Ogbonnnia Okoronkwo can be as good as many Rams fans including me think he can become!).
OK. So, Scales, IMO played pretty well, once he got in there. He had a good series, where he had an inside solo tackle at the LOS, and a couple plays later had a good tackle from the oppo side of field. He's around the ball, when he is in there. There are some similar players out there. Good instincts though. We have so many LB'ers about the same size that he didn't get a long run. Kiser came in, and played pretty well too.

In 2nd half, on one play, Scales takes too long to read, and gets blocked on 2nd level, before he reacts. Nest action play for him, it's a run in his hole, and he assists, but Kiser beats him there, and makes a downhill play. Kiser is just more decisive. Still, a good play for Scales, he crashes down, and covers his gaps.

Next play is pass/pro, Scales covers the TE, and is in decent coverage, overthrow by Jackson, and Holley, who had coverage over the top, should have had a PI. Good recognition, and coverage by Scales though.

Early in the 4th, Scales made a diving, penetrating, TFL, just an exceptional play. Stopped a Ravens drive.

Last edited:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Huge fan of Scales. I expect him to make the roster.

WestCoastRam

Legend
How many ILB did we keep last year? 4-5? We've got Barron and Littleton as starters, most likely Wilson and Hager as backups. Room for one more on the roster? Fierce competition there. Maybe someone takes Hager's spot but they better be a great STer.

I could see Kizer, Scales and whomever else in a bitter battle for that last spot.