LB Bowman Released...signs with Raiders

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
PLEASE, TAKE A FLYER MCSNEAD!!!

Seriously though this guy is one of my favorite backers in the game was way under rated and overshadowed by Willis during the Harbaugh era. He would be a piece that would secure a playoff spot, imo.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Now that he's been released, and there's no Trade involved, and a contract could be a 1 year prove-it deal, I'm thinking about it!!:thinking: IDK!

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Pass, would love to have him but he’s going to require hella money. Will have repercussions signing Donald, TruJo, and Watkins

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I think he would be a great fit...experience in 3-4 D, the thumper we need, tough run defender, leadership skills, and an experienced winner.

Plus a bit of Insurance if Tree were to go down with an injury. Give him a one year deal, if he walks you get a comp pick a year down the line, assuming the Rams focus mostly on retaining their own this year and dont sign many outside FAs.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm guessing it takes more salary than the Rams have room for. It could be gotten around with multiple years with a guaranteed roster bonus for next year, but that makes it tougher to sign others.

Still, a thumper who knows how to play a 3-4 would be very useful. It'd be a lot of money for linebackers, and I suspect he'll want to go elsewhere with a lot of money this year, but I've been wrong before. :whistle:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I would bring him in yesterday to a good 2/3 season contract. Find the $$ from redoing a half dozen contracts. I would bench Rob Quinn. Move Conner Barwin into Rob Quinn's post & team him up with Aaron Donald on that right side. This is the same side & same post that Conner Barwin played with Wade when he was a Texan & was an All Pro. Barwin & Donald duo would be a very good one.

Next I would slide Alec Ogletree a few feet left into Barwin's previous post. The strong side OLB'er post & team Ogletree with Micheal Brockers this would be a great left side duo! I would insert Navorro Bowman back into a 34 "D" where he has been a unstoppable beast inside @ the SS- ILB'er post to run with Mark Barron! Now we have a true veteran thumper inside.

This LB'er unit has been under performing all season. Veteran Barwin has spent many seasons playing this new Ram assignment Ogletree is very good running through traffic & would do well behind the large lanky tall Brockers. Tree still can call the defense from there. Turning Bowman loose inside with Barron adds two inside LB'ers who can tackle & bring the HIT! The best to all of this is Wade gets Rob Quinn off the field.

DE- Brockers/ Westbrooks
NT-Smart/ Walker/ Bryant
DT- Donald/ Quinn/ Fox

SSOLB- Ogletree/ Ebukam
SSILB- Bowman/ Hager
WSILB- Barron/ Littleton
WSOLB- Barwin/ Price/ Thompson

Last edited:

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
If the price is right....
a0e7eba30e2c435d0f20a0c32a95816a876363a32d6553c1eee3edd849c7bf73.jpg

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
A Bowman type player is exactly what this team needs. However the Niners dont want to see the Rams in the Superbowl, so no shot in hell of this trade happening for Rams.
Maybe John McVay could step in as a special negotiation arbitrator for this deal? :whistle:

Edit: I see he was released. It worked!!:yay:

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
no idea if the release is cuz his play is down cuz injury/age or just the scheme switch, but he was a great talent and a former psu stud so Id love for him to get a shot with the rams

Stump23

Rookie
Last time I can remember a team helping out someone in their own division is when the Rams traded Wendell Tyler to the 49ers
Yeah, but if you remember, that trade got us the #2 pick in the draft. We drafted some no name RB named Eric Dickerson so we won that trade by far. Wendell Tyler had fumble-itis, Dickerson HOF!!!!

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
After watching the Sam Mills story last night, I would LOVE to see the Rams build their version of the Dome Patrol!

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
I'm guessing it takes more salary than the Rams have room for. It could be gotten around with multiple years with a guaranteed roster bonus for next year, but that makes it tougher to sign others.

Still, a thumper who knows how to play a 3-4 would be very useful. It'd be a lot of money for linebackers, and I suspect he'll want to go elsewhere with a lot of money this year, but I've been wrong before. :whistle:

Probably not gonna be looking for too much money. if it was about the money he'd still be a niner. seems like scheme/playing time is the biggest desire, and winning team after that