Laurinaitis underwent ankle surgery after season ended.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TexasRam

Legend
2 of our bad rush D games were in the beginning of the year when Dunbar was out. How good does our defense look when those games are thrown out?

RamBill

Legend
Laurinaitis at full speed after ankle surgery
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/7671/laurinaitis-at-full-speed-after-ankle-surgery

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- In a small departure from his usual offseason routine, St. Louis Rams linebacker James Laurinaitis spent the few months since the end of the 2013 season right here in St. Louis.

It's normal for Laurinaitis to stick around for most of the time but he usually makes a stop at his alma mater Ohio State for a little bit of time before returning. This year, Laurinaitis had more reason to stick it out in the Gateway City: offseason ankle surgery.

"I got my ankle cleaned out so I have kind of been doing stuff with that and hanging around here," Laurinaitis said. "We’ll stay here for the summer as well this year."

To be clear, the ankle surgery was nothing serious and didn't require any sort of major rehabilitation. But it did mean more time in St. Louis so he could have access to some rehab work in the early part of the offseason.

Five seasons into his NFL career, Laurinaitis has been Mr. Dependable for the Rams defense, playing and starting in 80 of a possible 80 games. He has played through other ailments previously and the ankle was just the latest to catch him.

As the Rams embarked on their offseason conditioning program Monday, Laurinaitis said he was back at full strength and ready to roll.

"I’m good, cleared, all of that," Laurinaitis said. "It’s no big deal. That’s why nobody really talked about it because it’s not something that was a big deal. It was an easy deal. I’m 100 percent everything."

Despite the injury, Laurinaitis again cleared the 100-tackle mark as he finished 2013 with 116 stops, 3.5 sacks, two fumble recoveries and a pair of interceptions.

Heading into his sixth season, Laurinaitis said his individual goals (100 tackles, a trip to the Pro Bowl) won't change but they still come in a distant second to bigger team goals.

"It’s all about the playoffs," Laurinaitis said. "It sounds cliché and you always hear about these guys with personal goals saying the same thing and you kind of wonder about your personal goals. I really don’t care. I just want to get to the postseason. I want to know what it’s like to play postseason football and I think that’s a lot of our goals .... At this point I couldn’t really care less, I just want to get to the postseason and see what that whole experience is like and chase that trophy, man. That’s why you play the game, that’s why I play the game is to do all of that. So I want to get there."