Larry Fitzgerald retiring

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

The Ramowl

Starter
You can really tell the quality of a character when a division rival fanbase has unanimous respect for the guy.
Will make a great mentor for young WRs for the years to come.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just a guy I wanted to hate, because he played for the rival, but couldnt because he earned so much respect. Dude put up 1,400 yard seasons left and right, often times with trash QB play.
Would be a bit of a career let down for it to end this way, but it's better than the alternative from my seat. (Like catching the game winner in his last game)

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
It must suck for AZ fans to not being able to cheer for your guy in his final games.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I’ve got nothing but respect for the man. Hopefully we’ll see him first ballot in the Hall.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Adios ya crack-back blocking sob. Not sure why he was exempt from the crack-back blocking rule... but I'm glad that I won't have to watch him get away with it anymore.

Ewe83

Mama's got a new baby boy
Love the guy, always had a dream to see him in Horns but AZ is his home

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Always hated playing him, but always have loved him as a person and player. Helluva career Fitz!

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nothing but respect! 2008 photo with Larry up at the very top.
Picture 061.jpg

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
He's a really smart, well-spoken man too. He's set for life, whatever he wants to do.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Hell of a player id want him around for a long long time in any capacity if I'm the cardinals organisation. Hated when we played him but mad respect humble great player who just played. Congratulations!

Ewe83

Mama's got a new baby boy
Even though they are division rivals I've always had a spot for the Cards, maybe it's just living here in AZ but Fitz is a great guy and does a lot for the community. Also we've attended many games at the AZ stadium and I can't say enough about the staff and the fans we encounter there, everyone is so welcoming and friendly, never had a bad experience there win or lose

DeaconJones

Rookie
Wasn’t he playing with Kurt and Boldin in that Super Bowl versus the Steelers?

I was cheering for the Cards in that SB, as I was a big Kurt Warner fan. Larry Fitz scored a long TD with 2:37 to play to give the Cards the lead. Even though I am a lifetime Rams fan, I don't think I ever cheered louder for a play than that one. Larry seems like a very classy guy. Hard to ever root against him.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
If I remember correctly, Larry came into the league very full of himself - not unlike a lot of star wide receivers. But he learned to be an ambassador of the game and a true professional. I have a ton of respect for the guy as he’s a class act on and off the field. Glad he’s retiring as he was a rival of ours but I’m also glad that he’s going out on his own terms, while he’s healthy and can live a fruitful life post-retirement. He’s earned it.
Yeah... I saw an interview with him where he said he thought he was too good to have to put in the work until Kurt took him aside and made him realize what it would take to make it in the NFL. He was saying Warner changed his career. It was a pretty cool interview. I always liked LF and thought he was not only a great player but a great example for the game. I never knew about the early premadonna phase until that interview. It just made me respect him more.

That said, I won't miss having him line up against our Rams.

Hobgoblin

Rookie
I like Larry and hate that he played for the cards but this is all I remember now when I hear his name.

1609867068629.png