Laremy Tunsil smoked weed (video)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BadCompany

Rookie
ps: those already playing for Miami would be sent to Cleveland if they failed a test. Those already playing for Cleveland would automatically be given a 5 year extension with a no trade clause.

Dude, he smoked weed. He didn't kill anyone!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Miami got one hell of a player and tremendous value out of that pick.

Whoever posted that video did Miami a HUGE favor.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
attachment.php
thank you mr blutarsky, for the laugh of the day!

i'll wager a "fin" that there will be a rush on army surplus stores for gas masks now.

Psycho_X

Legend
Tunsil seems to give zero f***s about anyone as he burns the Ole Miss program to the ground on his way out the door talking to reporters about receiving money from the coaches.

But yeah, as long as he doesn't fail any drug tests Miami got the steal of the draft.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
So, he smoked weed, ONCE! He probably didn't even like it after that.

Maybe it was Miami who hacked the account.

…..

Legend
Tunsil seems to give zero f***s about anyone as he burns the Ole Miss program to the ground on his way out the door talking to reporters about receiving money from the coaches.

But yeah, as long as he doesn't fail any drug tests Miami got the steal of the draft.

That program has problems across the board and they had them well before Laremy Tunsil. They fell victim to the pressure of competing in the SEC

The last thing Tunsil needed to do was get caught up in more lies on draft day. By owning his issues, he has begun the process of moving onto the next chapter of his life while laying his used trash at the door.

Or......he's an idiot. We'll see, only time and his mothers power bills will tell.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
BS timing of a video taken before he was even in college...

10 minutes before the draft hacking his Twitter? Are we serious???

I hope he becomes a ALL-PRO for Miami and handles his business.

That sounds like someone was jealous or didn't like him very much and wanted to stick it to him. I guess teams realize that a lot of players smoke but maybe they figured if he does it too much he could be at risk of failing drug tests.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Was he still the best tackle in the draft? Even after smoking that wacky weed? You bet. Who gives a shit. He worked that intake knob like a pro. Good for him

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No kidding. Jeesh
He wrecked them last night.
Drugs or no, I wouldn't want that kid on my team
And he claims the video was 4-5 years old? I don't buy it. Unless he's really 24 or 25...

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I think the scouts would already know everything about him by now. He was already dropping down most boards. But that video coming out just minutes before the draft may cost him a few more spots.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/04/29/nfl-draft-laremy-tunsil-twitter-instagram-ole-miss

Laremy Tunsil’s Nightmare to Remember
A surreal draft evening in Chicago saw the former presumptive No. 1 tumble out of the top 10 thanks to a bong-hit video from a hacked Twitter account—and that was just the start of the weirdness.
The MMQB staff

CHICAGO — The oak doors were slightly ajar, the only thing seeping through was growing confusion. Laremy Tunsil stood in a storage room in the back annex of the Auditorium Theatre. For 12 minutes, he could hide.

It was less than a half-hour after the Mississippi tackle had been drafted at No. 13 by the Miami Dolphins, and two hours after his life had been rattled by a series of mystifying shenanigans. As he straddled two realities—excitement and humiliation—Tunsil was summoned into this makeshift war room to strategize. How could he explain to the world what the heck just happened? There were at least three people in the room: Amy Milam, who works with Tunsil’s agent, Jimmy Sexton; a public relations assistant from the NFL; and a Dolphins employee. Tunsil also spoke to someone on the phone. The group spitballed ideas.

“You can just leave if you want,” one of the advisors told him. Another said: “You can go back out there and just give really bland answers.” Or, he was told, “You can no-comment everything.”

laremy-tunsil-roger-goodell-2016-nfl-draft.jpg

Photo: Jon Durr/Getty Images
Tunsil fell to 13, where the Dolphins tabbed him.

The 20-year-old considered his options. And then, just past 9:30 p.m. local time, he decided he was ready to re-emerge. Tunsil slipped a teal Dolphins hat on. His copper-studded loafers clicked on the cold floor. He swung open the doors. “How are y’all?” he said to a group of reporters waiting. “Alright, where do I go next? I’m ready.”

Tunsil spent the next 20 minutes working through his media obligations. But by the time he and his mother left the Auditorium and walked into the chilly Chicago night, clarity seemed even further away.

Three weeks ago, before the Rams hijacked the 2016 NFL draft by trading up for the top pick, Tunsil was considered the surest selection at No. 1. The Titans, under first-year general manager Jon Robinson, had prioritized protecting Marcus Mariota, and Tunsil, a lightfooted 6-foot-5 behemoth from Ole Miss, was considered an elite, top-of-the-draft left tackle. However, as the quarterback-needy Rams and Eagles diverted the draft buzz with their plays for the top two quarterbacks, Tunsil was quietly fading from favor among several NFL teams.

The hot rumor as Thursday approached was that the several teams, including the Chargers at No. 3, coveted Notre Dame tackle Ronnie Stanley over Tunsil. Multiple sources told The MMQB that Tunsil’s off-field behavior was becoming increasingly worrisome and reason for some teams to remove him from their draft boards altogether. Much of it had to do with the culture at Mississippi, sources say. The football program was served in January with notice of allegations of a number of NCAA violations.

Last season Tunsil was suspended seven games for receiving impermissible benefits, and at the combine in February teammate Robert Nkemdiche said Tunsil had been with him when Nkemdiche fell out a hotel window. Then, two days before the draft, Tunsil’s stepfather filed a lawsuit against him for “intentional infliction of emotional distress,” stemming from a dispute last June. For a player pegged as a potential No. 1 pick, there were enough problems surrounding Tunsil to turn some teams away.

The stage was set for perhaps the most bizarre draft night in memory. Minutes before the 8 p.m. ET start to the first round, a video was posted to Tunsil’s Twitter account showing the Mississippi tackle wearing a gas mask and smoking from a bong. As news of the video spread, team executives around the NFL hurriedly reconsidered their draft boards, and Tunsil’s reps frantically worked the phones to limit the damage, claiming that Tunsil’s account had been hacked and that the video was years old.

The Ravens, at No. 6 and in the market for a tackle, chose Stanley. Ozzie Newsome, explaining the pick, acknowledged that off-the-field considerations went into Baltimore’s decision. Two spots later the Titans, who’d traded back into the top 10, took another tackle—not Tunsil, but Michigan State’s Jack Conklin. Giants general manager Jerry Reese, explaining tackle-needy New York’s choice of cornerback Eli Apple at No. 10, said: “He was the highest player on our board without issues.”

It briefly appeared that the drop might be truly precipitous, but when the Dolphins saw Tunsil— the second-rated player on their board—available at 13, they couldn’t resist. Miami GM Chris Grier told reporters at the team facility that he investigated the leaked video but knew it was about two years old. “We know the story behind it,” Grier said. “We’d rather leave that to maybe the kid to address, but we know the story behind it. We’re comfortable with what it is.”

But that was hardly the end of the strangeness. Minutes after the Dolphins’ selection, as Tunsil and his entourage exchanged relieved hugs in the green room, word began to spread that he’d been hacked again. This time it was his Instagram account, on which were posted images of apparent text messages between Tunsil and an Ole Miss coach discussing arrangements for paying his rent and his mother’s utility bill.

When Tunsil settled into the podium to speak to reporters, he managed a grin. “How are y’all doing?” he asked reporters. “Are y’all good?”

“What the heck happened with that video?” a reporter asked.

Tunsil, hands on the desk in front of him, shoulders relaxed, smiled again. “Somebody hacked into my account,” Tunsil said. “I made that mistake several years ago. And somebody got into my photos…”

Then Tunsil was asked about the Instagram posts. He said he’d just found out about them, and reiterated that he’d made a mistake. Asked by reporter as to whether there’d been an exchange of money between Tunsil and a coach, he first responded, “I wouldn’t say that.” But when pressed a few moments later, he said, “Those messages?” almost as if he hadn’t understood the previous questions. “Those were true. Like I said, I made a mistake.”

Asked again if there had been an exchange of money, Tunsil then responded matter-of-factly, “I have to say yeah.” A further question about whether he’d met with the NCAA was being posed when Milam appeared from behind a curtain, cutting the session short. “He’s got no more comments. Thank you guys so much,” she said, tapping the offensive lineman on the shoulder, whisking him away and leaving media as baffled as Tunsil apparently had been.

“There’s no way I heard that correctly,” a reporter in the front row said. “There’s no f---ing way that just happened.”

The Ole Miss athletic department did not respond to a request for comment on Thursday night.

Admissions by prospects of pot-smoking and allegations of under-the-table payments are draft-season staples, and they don’t dictate how a player’s pro career will play out. But Tunsil’s tumultuous draft night will have reverberations. While he is no longer subject to NCAA rules concerning impermissible payments, the marijuana video could lead to his being entered into phase one of the NFL’s substance abuse program. And, of course, there is the matter of the millions of dollars the episode may have cost him on his rookie contract. According to SportRac, Jared Goff, the No. 1 pick, is projected to receive a contract worth more than $25 million. The deal for a No. 13 pick will be roughly $12 million.

On the morning of the NFL draft, Laremy Tunsil was sitting on the second floor of a middle school on Chicago’s South Side. As a part of a character service initiative, he and nine other prospects joined Roger Goodell and Chicago mayor Rahm Emmanuel on a visit to Ariel Community Academy in the Kenwood neighborhood. Upon arrival, the prospects were led upstairs to the school library, where seventh and eighth graders were typing away on iPads. During these types of service events, it’s easy to tell which athletes are comfortable and which have their minds elsewhere. Tunsil promptly went up and introduced himself to two 13-year-olds.

kaplan-tunsil-kids.jpg

Photo: Emily Kaplan/The MMQB
In happier times (earlier on Thursday), Laremy Tunsil visited with Chicago schoolchildren.

“Hey, little guy,” he said to one student. “What’s up? What y’all working on?”

“Why did you want to be in the NFL?” one of the kids asked.

Tunsil crouched low and looked the kid in the eye.

“It was my dream,” he said. “And it’s always important to follow your dream.”

“Where do you want to be drafted?” another boy asked.

“I just want to go somewhere warm,” Tunsil said with a laugh.

Some 12 hours later, that wish would be granted. Tunsil would be going to Miami. It’s safe to say it wasn’t how he wanted to get there. —Emily Kaplan

Psycho_X

Legend
No kidding. Jeesh
He wrecked them last night.
Drugs or no, I wouldn't want that kid on my team
And he claims the video was 4-5 years old? I don't buy it. Unless he's really 24 or 25...

Haha, I know right? He's only 20 right now and he certainly wasn't 15 or 16 in that video lol.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I'm rooting for the kid, pot and breaking NCAA's dumb rules don't make him a bad guy. You can look at his reactions however you wish, but I see a young man that wanted to own up to the things he did and not make excuses. That is great character to me. Tunsil, you are still a 1st round pick, and 13 is still nothing to scoff at. Good Luck.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I hope Tunsil puts his stepfathers head on every guy he blocks.... Be the offensives version of the Waterboy...

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
What's really annoying is that this stupid incident is the talk of day #1 of the draft instead of the players. Hope whoever is responsible for this idiocy is arrested and prosecuted.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
There's gotta be SO many players that spark up in the offseason. True story. I once got SUPER high with Eric Greene and Ronnie Williams of the Dolphins in 1995. A buddy of mine had a real nice apartment near the Dolphins training facility, and Green/Williams were roommates for a few months in the same complex. Williams was walking by while we were out on the patio smoking and he flew over like a moth to a flame when he caught the scent. Ten minutes later he's joining us. 5 minutes after that he's on the phone. Another 5 and Eric Greene is sitting next to me taking the handoff. Neither really amounted to much, although Eric Greene was awesome at Madden (on Sega). lol.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
There's gotta be SO many players that spark up in the offseason. True story. I once got SUPER high with Eric Greene and Ronnie Williams of the Dolphins in 1995. A buddy of mine had a real nice apartment near the Dolphins training facility, and Green/Williams were roommates for a few months in the same complex. Williams was walking by while we were out on the patio smoking and he flew over like a moth to a flame when he caught the scent. Ten minutes later he's joining us. 5 minutes after that he's on the phone. Another 5 and Eric Greene is sitting next to me taking the handoff. Neither really amounted to much, although Eric Greene was awesome at Madden (on Sega). lol.
@-X-

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...cial-adviser-becomes-suspect-in-hacking-case/

Former Tunsil business manager/financial adviser becomes main suspect in hacking case
Posted by Mike Florio on May 4, 2016

The true villain in the Laremy Tunsil draft-night free fall continues to be the person who accessed his social media accounts and posted damaging information with the obvious intent to spark a slide. Tunsil’s camp eventually could figure out who did it.

Via ESPN’s Outside the Lines, Tunsil’s attorney and agent are investigating a former business manager/financial adviser to determine the role, if any, that he had in the smear campaign.

Per the report, Tunsil hired the business manager/financial adviser in October 2015. Among other things, the person scheduled agent meetings with Tunsil and potential agents.

Tunsil later fired the person after learning that he wasn’t registered with the NFL Players Association as a financial adviser. The man, who was not named by ESPN, reportedly gave Tunsil a new phone in October. Persons close to Tunsil think the former business manager/financial adviser may have accessed Tunsil’s account by using Tunsil’s old phone.

Criminal charges and/or a civil lawsuit haven’t been ruled out. An FBI spokesman in Mississippi told ESPN that his office has not yet been contacted to investigate.

Under the Stored Communications Act, the person who accessed Tunsil’s social media accounts could face up to 10 years in prison, along with more than $7 million in liability arising from the slide that occurred after the Ravens reportedly decided not to select Tunsil due to the video.