Lance Zierlein believes Rob Havenstein can shine in the NFL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

What does Rob Havenstein's career have in store for him?

• Total voters

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Lance Zierlein believes Rob Havenstein can shine in the NFL
gettyimages-500208832.jpg

http://theramswire.usatoday.com/201...believes-rob-havenstein-can-shine-in-the-nfl/

By: Jake Ellenbogen | 4 hours ago

The Rams made sure to address the offensive line positions in the 2016 NFL draft and while most of the rookies were ineffective, there was one that really seemed to stand out. Rob Havenstein was a second-round mauler out of Wisconsin. He started at right tackle and didn’t give up a sack, he was also the only offensive tackle who played in 12 or more games without giving up a sack.

When you do impressive things people take notice. Lance Zierlein, a writer at NFL.com, had a lot to say about Havenstein on The Ringer NFL Show.

Now if you don’t remember or don’t follow the draft in-depth you won’t know that Zierlein is the same man who was high on big Rob since college. Of course he does go on to mention that there is a reason the Wisconsin Badger went in the second round.

He may have received absolutely no love for his great rookie season, tallying a total of zero votes for Rookie of the Year, but this year could be even more special. As long as the Rams understand Havenstein’s weakness which is his left tackle abilities, he should be able to excel. Havenstein was a nice pick for the Rams and if the offensive line continues to gel he is going to be a part of something special.

Related:

WATCH: A sneak peak of Hard Knocks with the Rams

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Personally, I think that Havenstein has a higher ceiling than most thought. He has already changed his body, he gave up a league low zero sacks in his rookie year, the dude is coachable, and plays with a lot of savvy.

In closing, he is better than Jason Smith ever was, and may play better than Barksdale ever played.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Personally, I think that Havenstein has a higher ceiling than most thought. He has already changed his body, he gave up a league low zero sacks in his rookie year, the dude is coachable, and plays with a lot of savvy.

In closing, he is better than Jason Smith ever was, and may have better than Barksdale ever played.
I agree I loved the pick and couldn't understand everyone bashing it on draft night. Bottom line is if he stays where he is comfortable at RT he will only continue to get better. Robinson's success is vital to keep the Big Rob training going. I just worry if the Rams move Big Rob to the LT position if GRob continues to struggle. At that point I want to see Battle in there imo

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I agree I loved the pick and couldn't understand everyone bashing it on draft night. Bottom line is if he stays where he is comfortable at RT he will only continue to get better. Robinson's success is vital to keep the Big Rob training going. I just worry if the Rams move Big Rob to the LT position if GRob continues to struggle. At that point I want to see Battle in there imo
This will be a big year for GRob, a telling year.

They just showed a clip of P. Cooper making a catch, man he is going to be good, real good.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
That was a good OL draft class in '15.

Hav exceeded my expectations. I think we've got a solid 15 year starter in Hav with maybe a few Pro Bowl appearances sprinkled in.

Jury is still out on Brown, but I'm optimistic that he can be a solid starter for us.

Wichmann is a sleeper/steal, IMO. He can be a quality starter for us. Maybe as soon as this year, especially if Saffold gets hurt again.

And I like Williams' potential.

Battle? I dunno. He's gotta show us something this camp, don't you think?

Donnal? He's really gotta win me over this offseason. Otherwise, I don't think he makes the 53. Too many quality alternatives for the Rams.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I think Havenstein will always be an under the radar, solid RT for years to come. One of those guys you can count on to do his job. But guys like that don't get noticed. Maybe if he rips someone's helmet off and throws it in the crowd he'll get noticed and be on his way to multiple pro bowls. :sneaky:

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
Injuries may be his biggest detriment. Don't be surprised when he's not out there at the start of training camp tomorrow.

Psycho_X

Legend
I picked career starter because I know he is at least that. He's already a solid RT and has potential to be a pro bowl caliber RT if he continues upward. A lot of things can factor beyond being just a starter though. But he definitely showed the ability his rookie year. Very excited to watch Hav, Brown, and hopefully Grob develop into a dominating o-line for the next decade for Goff.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I picked Pro Bowl...as Gurley continues to gain notoriety his o line will as well

A55VA6

Legend
I think he'll be a solid career starter with a possible pro bowl appearance in the future, but I don't think he'll be a multiple pro bowl guy. Just a reliable, good player.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Where did you get this from? Do you have a link?
He sat out a couple of the voluntary OTA's so some people are assuming he did that because of an injury. There hasn't been any reports of an injury though.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
At this point (Havenstein) is our bright spot on that line.. Jamon Brown comes back at RG.
I'm willing to give Robinson another year. He doesn't have much time at LT, 2 years. It took Jake Matthews a year to get acclimated, and he was supposedly so much more NFL ready. I think we should sign a possible LT to back up Robinson. If GR plays poorly, we can bench him. I mean he is very raw. He probably deserves another year at LT to see if he can pull it off.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I really watched this guy at the senior bowl, and he handled himself very well. I saw him at the combine, saw his actual picture and wanted NOTHING to do with him...I couldn't have been more wrong....One of the many good picks by the snisher...plus he's durable....Don't care that he missed a couple games....he was playing hurt...Solid career...lets see what he did with a season of serious lifting & eating....he should be a mountain....

I think we should sign a possible LT to back up Robinson.
speaking of mountains...Battle is a huge man in his own right...He's Greg's backup, IMO....bet he can play too...