Lance Dunbar

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
what’s the rule for practicing and attending meetings for people on the IR?

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Justin Davis' quickness through lanes was kind of startling in preseason. I wonder if he still has ball security problems in practice or something?

nighttrain

Legend
Justin Davis' quickness through lanes was kind of startling in preseason. I wonder if he still has ball security problems in practice or something?
i;m doubting he has serious issues, he would have been cut. His quickness was pretty awesome though
train

fearsomefour

Legend
i;m doubting he has serious issues, he would have been cut. His quickness was pretty awesome though
train
I would imagain, if in fact Dunbar is going to be used ahead of Davis, it has as much to do with blocking as anything. Dunbar is a vet and may have a better grasp on blocking responsibilities.

…..

Legend
Let's hope Dunbar can do something. In his 5 year career he has 1000 yards from scrimmage (646 receiving and 422 rushing) and 1TD.

Hopefully there's something there that McVay saw while he was a division opponent. I was not too keen on the signing at first but as a 3rd down back for Dallas he did see the field a lot, more than his stats would suggest. 2015 he only played in 4 games due to the torn ACL.

He is very speedy and shifty, with a decent jump cut. I think in the Rams offence, he has a chance to succeed on his fresh legs. We'll see

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I honestly think we'll see him active this week. He may get some playtime on 3rd downs and maybe some carries at the end of the game.

I expect we'll see Tavon get an increased role out of the backfield this week. Get Tavon touches out of the backfield early in the game, on early down situations, a lot of play action with Tavon, saving a few of Todd's carries for 3rd down and to grind the game out. (I know this is unpopular among many)

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
DUNBAR LIKELY TO BE ACTIVATED

With Brown out for at least the next couple of weeks, head coach Sean McVay has spent the last few days evaluating both Justin Davis and Lance Dunbar to be the No. 2 running back behind Todd Gurley.

Dunbar, who has been on the physically unable to perform list after suffering a knee injury before training camp, is expected to be activated this weekend. McVay said the former North Texas standout “had a good week” of practice and will “be the guy we’re counting on on Sunday, unless something changes in the meantime.”

“It looks like right we’re going to try to find a way to get Lance up and activate him,” McVay said after Friday’s session. “It was good to get Lance back out there. He’s been practicing for the last couple weeks and now this will offer and opportunity for us to see him on Sunday.”

The running back returned to practice last Monday and didn’t need long to adjust back to the speed of the game. Dunbar said he is “feeling great” and is “excited to get back out there with my teammates.”

“You’re anxious until it’s time to get out there and then you get a little nervous, but it’s a good thing,” he said. “I feel healthy and I’ve been doing everything, playing football, so I’m excited. It’s going to be a fun day on Sunday.”

http://www.therams.com/

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I expect Lance Dunbar to take a screen pass to the house on Sunday!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
DUNBAR LIKELY TO BE ACTIVATED

With Brown out for at least the next couple of weeks, head coach Sean McVay has spent the last few days evaluating both Justin Davis and Lance Dunbar to be the No. 2 running back behind Todd Gurley.

Dunbar, who has been on the physically unable to perform list after suffering a knee injury before training camp, is expected to be activated this weekend. McVay said the former North Texas standout “had a good week” of practice and will “be the guy we’re counting on on Sunday, unless something changes in the meantime.”

“It looks like right we’re going to try to find a way to get Lance up and activate him,” McVay said after Friday’s session. “It was good to get Lance back out there. He’s been practicing for the last couple weeks and now this will offer and opportunity for us to see him on Sunday.”

The running back returned to practice last Monday and didn’t need long to adjust back to the speed of the game. Dunbar said he is “feeling great” and is “excited to get back out there with my teammates.”

“You’re anxious until it’s time to get out there and then you get a little nervous, but it’s a good thing,” he said. “I feel healthy and I’ve been doing everything, playing football, so I’m excited. It’s going to be a fun day on Sunday.”

http://www.therams.com/
This is real good News!(y)

I expect Lance Dunbar to take a screen pass to the house on Sunday!
I sure Hope your right! That would be real Fun to see!
IF it happens I will remind people you said it 1st!!(y);):LOL:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
There was a change on the 53 player roster on 11/7/17 with the waiver of safety Isaiah Johnson. Then Johnson was signed back to the practice squad 2 days later. I see that Dunbar is missing from all rosters on the official Rams site & listed as being PUP in NFL.com.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/losangelesrams/roster?team=LA
http://www.therams.com/team/roster.html

At this time it would look to me that the Rams org wants to evaluate Dunbar & Davis getting game time action before making a final decision on Malcolm Brown & his placement on the IR or Not.

The loss of 3rd safety Cody Davis & the wavier of Isaiah Johnson from the roster leaves Wade with only 4 safeties active. This will be new for Wade who usually has five in the first half of the season. One would guess that Countess & Christian will be the main reserves going forward @ safety. Plus we will see more NRC playing the nickle too.

Last edited: