Lamar signs 5 year deal

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
These contracts kill teams. Ask the Rams, it always leads to massive dead money and cash strapped player moves. But hey at least his kids won’t have to work much.

His cap hit is only $22m this year. Then $33m next season. Hardly crippling. After that it's $43m then they will have to rework it as it balloons to $73m the next 2 seasons after that.

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
Congrats Lamar,Louisville Legend
636090650444242202-USATSI-9530016.jpg

Psycho_X

Legend
Yeah I actually don't hate that contract if it was my team. They get three years out of him and if there are issues with health/performance they can cut him and absorb $39 mil dead money. Not too crazy (barring other crazy dead money contracts that would compound that) and will be even less crazy in four years as cap continues to grow. The big problem will be if they want to keep him after three years because they'll have $145 million in cap hits to figure out over next two years. Only way this contract kills them is if he sucks or gets seriously injured this year but those are the risks. They are gambling their next three years on him basically.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
His cap hit is only $22m this year. Then $33m next season. Hardly crippling. After that it's $43m then they will have to rework it as it balloons to $73m the next 2 seasons after that.

I miss read the money payouts. Thought he was due $73 to start out with…ouch

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I miss read the money payouts. Thought he was due $73 to start out with…ouch

they're actually paying him $80m in cash this season. what a pay day.

the cap is an accounting dream.

oldnotdead

Legend
The orginal offer was IMO better for Jackson. 4 years fully guaranteed. So he makes another $6M guaranteed but the team can cut him after 2024 and as a post June 1 release the Ravens would get $21M back on their cap. All he did was guarantee the Ravens would draft a new QB next year and if the guy works out they can cut Lamar after the 2024 season. OOPS way to go Lamar. This is what happens when you are just fucking greedy and not thinking long term as your own agent. All he did was give the Ravens all the reason they need to replace him after 2024. They could simply trade him as well and save all but $4.5M.

I'd be surprised if they didn't shop him next year.