Lamar signs 5 year deal

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jjab360

Legend
All those people saying he should just take what he's offered and stop complaining are looking a bit silly right now

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
jerk-off-the-hangover.gif

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Wow, I didn't see this coming. I thought he was going to screw himself over by being his own agent.

More power to him

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
We might still find out down the road that they snuck some BS in the contract he didn't notice.

oldnotdead

Legend
All those people saying he should just take what he's offered and stop complaining are looking a bit silly right now
No the only ones looking silly are the Ravens because now they are hamstrung just like AZ. They made the point on the draft broadcast that you pay that kind of money to a man not a child. Well, both the Cards and Ravens have hamstrung their franchises for years by paying their childish QBs. At least Lamar has proved he can be a very good QB, when he's healthy. The caveat is when he's healthy which he hasn't been when they need him most. Kyler has proved nothing except he's the most childish QB in the NFL and probably the laziest starting QB in the NFL as well.

It's also why the Rams will move on from Stafford in 2025 whether he retires or not. But I think Stafford knows that, ever since he signed.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
We might still find out down the road that they snuck some BS in the contract he didn't notice.
He’ll have attorneys for that.

Man… that’s just crazy money, and cap proportion.

The NFL needs to figure this out… when the salary cap went into effect, the importance of the QB wasn’t at the level it is today. The cap design needs to evolve like the game did.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He’ll have attorneys for that.

Man… that’s just crazy money, and cap proportion.

The NFL needs to figure this out… when the salary cap went into effect, the importance of the QB wasn’t at the level it is today. The cap design needs to evolve like the game did.

it really isn't that bad.

this doesn't include the new deal for lamar which should lower his cap significantly. teams seem to be handling it alright.

jjab360

Legend
No the only ones looking silly are the Ravens because now they are hamstrung just like AZ. They made the point on the draft broadcast that you pay that kind of money to a man not a child. Well, both the Cards and Ravens have hamstrung their franchises for years by paying their childish QBs. At least Lamar has proved he can be a very good QB, when he's healthy. The caveat is when he's healthy which he hasn't been when they need him most. Kyler has proved nothing except he's the most childish QB in the NFL and probably the laziest starting QB in the NFL as well.

It's also why the Rams will move on from Stafford in 2025 whether he retires or not. But I think Stafford knows that, ever since he signed.
For sure there's absolutely no way I pay that much of my cap to one player that is only a borderline top 10 QB if I was in control of a team.

That being said, kudos to Lamar for sticking to his guns and getting an insane amount of cash when almost everyone was saying he should fold and take what was being offered.

I'll never fault an NFL player for getting as much as they can while they can because their career can be over in the blink of an eye. Especially for a running QB like Lamar.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Lamar Announced today he’s gunning for 6k in passing yards. Not sure it’ll happen, but if you’re getting 260 mil you gotta set lofty goals.