Lamar Jackson tumbles over jet ski in beach football game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ROD-BOT

News Feeder
Lamar Jackson took a scary tumble over a jet ski during a beach football game

Just last year, then-reigning NFL MVP Patrick Mahomes gave the Chiefs front office a scare when video circulated on social media of the star quarterback playing pickup basketball games. After those videos went viral, Mahomes was effectively banned from playing basketball.

Now it’s Lamar Jackson’s turn to expect a call from the Ravens.

Video hit Twitter and Instagram on Sunday of the 2019 MVP playing beach football (already a bad idea) and eventually taking a fall over a jet ski.

The video was somewhat obscured in the final moments, but we can see Jackson take off scrambling and trying to evade a tackle just before tumbling over a jet ski just off the beach.

View: https://twitter.com/themmqb/status/1272297985473417216?s=21

Yeah, uh, that’s the last thing the Ravens want to see — even if he was fine.

View: https://twitter.com/lj_era8/status/1271940012758753282?s=21

And while Mahomes faced criticism for playing basketball, beach football might have been even more reckless. The NFL used to hold a rookie beach football game as part of the Pro Bowl festivities, and that changed when former Patriots running back Robert Edwards suffered a devastating knee injury.

With all the uneven surfaces, no good could come from playing a pickup beach football game. There didn’t even need to be a water ski parked nearby for that to be an awful idea.

Psycho_X

Legend
Yeah that’s pretty dumb. I understand wanting to live your life but the person who could lose the most from an unfortunate knee injury is himself. A quarter of a billion dollars is a good reason to be a little extra cautious with your life. At least till you sign that dotted line.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
I imagine it's hard to wrap yourself up in a plastic bubble but yeah, you have to be careful.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I imagine it's hard to wrap yourself up in a plastic bubble but yeah, you have to be careful.

That’s what I was thinking.

He’s 20 something. I remember that age. Lots of energy!

Got to balance it all. Tough task, and accidents will happen.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
OK... so he's 20-something... but he doesn't think to take his phone out of his pocket while he's playing beach tackle football game? I realize he may think he's invincible at that age, but usually that age group protects their phone like it is an infant child.

These social media pics and videos really provide a peek into the minds of professional athletes nowadays. It's a "resource" that was never available in the past. It's enlightening in sad and even frightening ways. I started following player accounts on Instagram several years ago. That's the only thing I use it for. Some of the players really show you who they are behind the scenes in ways you wish you never saw... especially if it's a player you want to like on your team. It's no wonder that scouts and employers in the real world use these platforms now to help them make decisions on people.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
It's no wonder that scouts and employers in the real world use these platforms now to help them make decisions on people.

Yes, they do and many of us would be in a similar boat, I concur with @LARams_1963 being young, it is tough, but you have to consider what you're doing. I felt I was mature in my younger years, but no doubt did some dumb things, cliff diving being one of them, but youth is wasted on the young.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Yes, they do and many of us would be in a similar boat, I concur with @LARams_1963 being young, it is tough, but you have to consider what you're doing. I felt I was mature in my younger years, but no doubt did some dumb things, cliff diving being one of them, but youth is wasted on the young.

Oh, no doubt about that. I'm thankful that social media wasn't around during my youth. LOL

My point was that you can really get an inside look into people with these platforms. Take the youthful madness out of it. That's normal for sure. There are many other things that become apparent too. Some of it is positive and some of it can be almost horrifying. It's fascinating in a number of ways if you really think about it.