Lack of Sep-a-ra-shee-own

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Sorry, just got done watching a rerun of King of Queens.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzqCDLIMdvU[/youtube]

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Looked like some holding going on there as well. This is a problem that ain't going away though boys. Quick appears to be the only WR on the roster physical enough to get off press coverage. Need him to grow up....like now.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Faceplant said:
Looked like some holding going on there as well. This is a problem that ain't going away though boys. Quick appears to be the only WR on the roster physical enough to get off press coverage. Need him to grow up....like now.
I think they can game plan around it. I'm kinda glad that Buffalo showed us (glaringly) our limitations. When Schotty went to more movement and crossing patterns, things opened up and then the separation started showing up too. Givens still gets a pretty good release off the line for a rookie and I think he's gonna get better. Teams also have a hard time stifling Dolamite at the line too. I don't know what to think about Quick other than he's gonna take some time. I hope he gets more involved down the stretch here, but if he's a liability at this point, we might even see LESS of him if we're still narrowly in this playoff race.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Good points. Forgot about DA being a press buster. Just wish he could stay on the field. I also agree about Givens. I think he is stronger than he looks, and with that speed, DBs know they better get a DAMN good jam on him or its off to the races. I know we are still technically in the playoff race, but I would still like to see more of Quick. He has flashed a couple of times this season, and his TD catch was a prime example of OWNING press coverage.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Not sure what yawlz mean by Danny not being a press buster. You can't jam what you can't touch. Unless I am only seeing what I want to see, he beats press with his first step in many cases. If you mean he can't drive the defender off when engaged, I can see that.

Givens is starting to give us that ability to stretch the field and take more than single coverage with him. Hell... on that deep ball he had three guys with him. If Danny can stay healthy, he forces teams to stay honest in the middle. Hopefully that will give BQ and Lance a little room to roam.

I would love to see BQ get some more reps but he has to start showing a little more before I think he's going to get them. I liked that he was very aware of the sticks on his one (I believe) catch. But I'm not seeing him use that big body very well to ward off guys much smaller than he. It could come with a bit more time. We all know that many big receivers didn't exactly light it up when they came into the league. But I think the kid needs a little "fuck you" attitude when it comes to defenders he towers over and outweighs substantially. Hopefully Fish can install some of that.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
RamFan503 said:
Not sure what yawlz mean by Danny not being a press buster.
Well, it's kinda simple.

Nobody said that. :razzed:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Faceplant said:
Good points. Forgot about DA being a press buster. Just wish he could stay on the field. I also agree about Givens. I think he is stronger than he looks, and with that speed, DBs know they better get a DAMN good jam on him or its off to the races. I know we are still technically in the playoff race, but I would still like to see more of Quick. He has flashed a couple of times this season, and his TD catch was a prime example of OWNING press coverage.

:razzed:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
RamFan503 said:
Faceplant said:

Meaning, he can bust the press. :razzed: :razzed:

X said:
I think they can game plan around it. I'm kinda glad that Buffalo showed us (glaringly) our limitations. When Schotty went to more movement and crossing patterns, things opened up and then the separation started showing up too. Givens still gets a pretty good release off the line for a rookie and I think he's gonna get better. Teams also have a hard time stifling Dolamite at the line too. I don't know what to think about Quick other than he's gonna take some time. I hope he gets more involved down the stretch here, but if he's a liability at this point, we might even see LESS of him if we're still narrowly in this playoff race.

Agreed.
What I don't get is why it takes an entire HALF of football to make those adjustments?
That's my only beef with Schotty, otherwise I like the PA passes and deeper routes this year...
but we have to be faster on the chess-match and not wait until the 2nd half to play offense.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:
RamFan503 said:
Faceplant said:

Huh. That's not what I thought was meant but I did say -

RamFan503 said:

:razzed: :razzed: :razzed:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
RamFan503 said:
X said:
RamFan503 said:
Faceplant said:

Huh. That's not what I thought was meant but I did say -

RamFan503 said:

:razzed: :razzed: :razzed:

Hey Username!

Punch this guy in the dick for me, yeah? :lol:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This has been our problem since Torry Holt's legs went kaput.

I think we have some good players, but they can't beat the top coverages without a more powerful distraction; like Amendola. Occasionally Givens. Soon Quick.

The Rams need another high end player at WR to help the tier down be effective.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
CGI_Ram said:

I think we have some good players, but they can't beat the top coverages without a more powerful distraction; like Amendola. Occasionally Givens. Soon Quick.

Who do you think they should target?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
X said:
CGI_Ram said:

Who do you think they should target?

Anyone! :bg:

1) Bowe
2) Jennings

Keep Amendola, but I worry that could be a sticky contract to value.

3) Wallace
4) Fitzgerald trade

This would be my pecking order. Of this list; Bowe is the only one that feels realistic.

F. Mulder

Starter
Bowe is my top choice over any high-pick WR but I think if Mr Quick gets his body and brain in synch he could be a nightmare for defenses.

How about:

Amendola
Givens
Bowe
Quick
Pettis
XXX

???