Lack of camp reports is killing me

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Anyone read anything about the rookies? Are any of them running with the 1’s? Any turning heads? Any surprises? I’ve seen Jefferson making some nice catches with the 2nd string, but that’s about it

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

You can't rely on the reporters in LA. I don't think I've ever seen anything from them from training camp ever.

Probably too busy looking at their phone at the Lakers game.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I dont think they even put the pads on til this coming Tuesday. The next week shit should start to get real, but we wont get to read about it from our own camp reporters here at ROD.

Liberator

Pro Bowler
I dont think they even put the pads on til this coming Tuesday. The next week shit should start to get real, but we wont get to read about it from our own camp reporters here at ROD.

I saw a tweet that Jefferson had pads on today FWIW.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Yes. Pads today. Rams posted that on Twitter, or their website (or both) today.

It sure is weird... I guess we'll see cuts, but have little to go on... no first hand preseason game experience for us for us to point towards as why. Going to be odd.

Psycho_X

Legend
I do miss having preseason to at least pine over bubble players having good games only to have our dreams cut with them in a couple of weeks. The future is always so bright in the preseason.

It’s going to be weird and then suddenly we’ll get smacked in the face with the season only to probably be smacked again by covid quarantines. Hopefully it all works out.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams camp live today had them referencing an offensive line change today: Noteboom to LG, Corbett to RG and Edwards to backup. I wasn't thrilled to hear that and hope it wasn't a permanent change.

Ram65

Legend
Today is really the first day of practice as now the pads come on.

We've seen the starting offensive line. We know Woods, Kupp and Reynolds are the early starters. Higbee starts at TE with Everett in the 12P. Mundt when they need the blocking. RB will have to be decided in camp.

On defense, we have been getting information. No Big A so AD, Brockers, and SJD start on the D Line. Kiser has been given the starting ILber job early in camp. The other hasn't been mentioned IIRC. Very recently Ebu gets the nod with Floyd on the outside to start. We know the secondary with JJ, Rapp, Ramsey and Hill. NCB is undecided.

Looks like Hekker is the only known special teamer going into camp. Lots of battles.

Even without LA reporters, the Rams have been giving out bits and pieces of information. ROD is a great way to stay informed.

Hopefully, now that practice has started we will get information from the Rams. I don't know if any reporters will be allowed in camp. Here in Philly they will let reporters at some camp sessions.

Subscription site.

Philadelphia Eagles training camp: 6 things to watch as ...
www.pennlive.com › philadelphiaeagles › 2020/08 › p...

1 day ago - Monday also marks the first practice sessions at the NovaCare Complex that will be open to reporters. This is the first time the media has seen the ...

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Let me stray from the herd here a bit...

I HATE camp reports.

While, on the positive side, it can be cool to get a sneak preview of the team, camp reports (1) have way too much editorial content from people who often have no clue what they are looking at, (2) provide overblown praise and critiques of camp performances, and (3) make us worry unnecessarily about minor injuries.

Ram65

Legend
Rams camp live today had them referencing an offensive line change today: Noteboom to LG, Corbett to RG and Edwards to backup. I wasn't thrilled to hear that and hope it wasn't a permanent change.

We've seen the starting offensive line.

I may have typed this too soon. :)

After the way, Noteboom played last year this is a big surprise. Could be just a practice thing. Stay tuned.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame

Other notes from the comments...
All taking 1st team snaps
Brown at RB
Howard and Kiser ILB
SJD at NT

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

I HATE camp reports.

While, on the positive side, it can be cool to get a sneak preview of the team, camp reports (1) have way too much editorial content from people who often have no clue what they are looking at, (2) provide overblown praise and critiques of camp performances, and (3) make us worry unnecessarily about minor injuries.
The problem is the media types who cover the team don't have any more insight than the fans who provide those camp reports. In fact I'd trust many of the local posters more than I would almost all of the media members to observe and update us. And of those who do know more than most fans (like Farr for example) they can't really say what they truly think when they're talking rosters and projecting who will play where. Because they have to walk through the locker room and maintain a relationship with the players. So you get that homogenized shit just like what the coaching staff serves up.

So for me it's more Rams content which is always a good thing, even when I disagree with some of the observances.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wouldn't waste my time trying Boom at LG. Just my take that he's best served taking snaps at OT and in particular LT to see if he's got what it takes on the edge. I'd love to see him win that job of course, since I'm lukewarm at best on Corbett. But I just don't think Boom is strong enough to play on the interior at this level.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams rookie Jordan Fuller shining in camp with 2 INTs

[theramswire.usatoday.com]

Cameron DaSilva

Jordan Fuller wasn’t drafted as early as Cam Akers and Van Jefferson, and he doesn’t fill an immediate need on defense, so expectations for the rookie safety are tempered. However, he already seems to be exceeding the bar set for him with an impressive start to training camp.

The rangy safety has shown off his ball skills, awareness and range in practice on back-to-back days with interceptions. The Rams shared a clip of his second pick, covering the deep middle of the field to prevent a big play from John Wolford to Jefferson.

Fuller made a nice over-the-shoulder catch, which isn’t an easy grab to make for a safety.

View: https://twitter.com/RamsNFL/status/1295566584556081152

Fuller probably won’t contribute much as a rookie because of the depth the Rams already have at safety with John Johnson, Taylor Rapp and Terrell Burgess, but at worst, he’ll get on the field in dime packages and possibly big nickel sets.

The rookie has already caught the eye of the eldest safety on the team with Johnson paying him a compliment in the early part of camp.

“Jordan is long. He can run. He looks like he could cover sideline-to-sideline,” Johnson said last week. “He can come out the post, so I’m excited to see what he could do.”

Fuller is a nice complement to the skill sets that Johnson and Rapp possess, playing a true free safety role in college, which will transition to the NFL. Johnson and Rapp are both better near the line of scrimmage, so Brandon Staley could find ways to get Fuller on the field in three-safety sets with Fuller patrolling the deep middle.

As a sixth-round pick, expectations shouldn’t be too high for his rookie year, but with Johnson set to hit free agency in 2021, Fuller could see his role grow even more next year.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

I HATE camp reports.

While I sort of get what you're saying, I love the camp reports from fellow fans. It's cool seeing them meet up, get autographs from players, knowing what they see happening. We've been able to ask them to watch certain players and they tend to do it when they can.

I honestly don't see them heaping praise on players unless they make a splash play. But that is about all we EVER see from reporters that follow the Rams. I think we get a bit more tempered reports from the fan reporters.

My 2 cents.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Rams rookie Jordan Fuller shining in camp with 2 INTs

[theramswire.usatoday.com]

Cameron DaSilva

Jordan Fuller wasn’t drafted as early as Cam Akers and Van Jefferson, and he doesn’t fill an immediate need on defense, so expectations for the rookie safety are tempered. However, he already seems to be exceeding the bar set for him with an impressive start to training camp.

The rangy safety has shown off his ball skills, awareness and range in practice on back-to-back days with interceptions. The Rams shared a clip of his second pick, covering the deep middle of the field to prevent a big play from John Wolford to Jefferson.

Fuller made a nice over-the-shoulder catch, which isn’t an easy grab to make for a safety.

View: https://twitter.com/RamsNFL/status/1295566584556081152

Fuller probably won’t contribute much as a rookie because of the depth the Rams already have at safety with John Johnson, Taylor Rapp and Terrell Burgess, but at worst, he’ll get on the field in dime packages and possibly big nickel sets.

The rookie has already caught the eye of the eldest safety on the team with Johnson paying him a compliment in the early part of camp.

“Jordan is long. He can run. He looks like he could cover sideline-to-sideline,” Johnson said last week. “He can come out the post, so I’m excited to see what he could do.”

Fuller is a nice complement to the skill sets that Johnson and Rapp possess, playing a true free safety role in college, which will transition to the NFL. Johnson and Rapp are both better near the line of scrimmage, so Brandon Staley could find ways to get Fuller on the field in three-safety sets with Fuller patrolling the deep middle.

As a sixth-round pick, expectations shouldn’t be too high for his rookie year, but with Johnson set to hit free agency in 2021, Fuller could see his role grow even more next year.

Is that Demby with the block on Obo?