LA Rams 2016 Coaching Staff Analysis & Summary.. take a peek

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

…..

Legend
I encourage everyone to watch the clip of Offensive Coordinator Rob Boras wired, he's a special coach, funny and intense. The fact that he vomited before his first game as offensive coordinator tells you all you need to know about his passion. Feel very strongly now about both coordinators and the addition to Mike Groh will make things easier for Boras as well.

Thanks for making me slow down my scroll an watch the video. It was great stuff and I love the passion. Even better to me though, was watching Greg Williams video. A wealth of information came from that.

…..

Legend
wolf-1.jpg

Florida.....well done sir, and thank you. It great to be able to absorb all this information in one stop.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Even better to me though, was watching Greg Williams video. A wealth of information came from that.

So true @Dog I thought I knew quite a bit about football having played and coached when I listen to Gregg Williams I realize, I don't know a damn thing about this game.

…..

Legend
So true @Dog I thought I knew quite a bit about football being a player and a coach when I listen to Gregg Williams I realize, I don't know a damn thing about this game.

Yeah same here! And I was really impressed with his approach to the mentoring, delegation aspect. Almost floored when he said they were giving ownership on some plays to the players, encouraging them to come back with their ideas. Thats something alot of companies are encouraging employees to do in order to create buy in, and give employees a say so in efficiency.

Another thing that was impressed upon me, was how he talked about some subtle aspects of the game almost in a dismissive tone because to players its part of their existence, where as the casual fan like me would really need to focus on it

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Thats something alot of companies are encouraging employees to do in order to create buy in, and give employees a say so in efficiency.

@Dog showcasing some depth outside of football...Nice and if I have learned anything over the years is, it's much easier encourage and empower employees, well, the right employees, the rest will follow. You always have to set the tone and be above reproach, however, in the words of Mark Twain: "It's never wrong to do the right thing."
Never-wrong-to-do-the-right-thing.-edited.jpg

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Florida.....well done sir, and thank you. It great to be able to absorb all this information in one stop.

wolf-1.jpg

Right back at ya Dog.. We have a solid owner and front office to go with a fine group of coaches. Of course there are some with question marks but hey, nobody has an all star staff from top to bottom.

As you know coaching changes can happen quickly just like unrestricted F/A's jumping ship or the Front Office releasing a players services for various reasons.

EqgJ626.gif

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Okay now! Interesting post....deserves a response...
We have an incredible mix, and wealth of football knowledge on this staff....Pretty damn big too. Where to start...I guess at the top.
LATE EDIT
Les Snead...nuff said...he gets to sit back and watch his creation....:mrburnsevil: bohoowhaaaa!!

Stan Kronke....dude must be dripping with confidense just like his money... $7.4 Billion!!!!!! Damn, did I read that right, damn near $8 Billion for one guy?!?! Bravo
Demof...Kevin...how does a guy not have a wiki page??? Was he CIA or something?...Loved that he used to chat in here...never understood, now I do..Come on back Kev, you're missed.
Jeff Fisher...5 years...things happen. Get ready fellas, Jeff's bringing his 2016 Rams, and hells coming with him...speaking of hell
Greg Williams....this guy has a future in Hollywood...bet he gets the ladies too....His defense will be top 5 this year...Bank on it...Less three and outs, Greg's D will respond...
McGinnis...hmmm, I barely put him here...Not sure what he does...Cause to me the next best guy is..
Waffule....His work with the D-Line is def. outstanding...is it talent, or is it coaching? I say, both....Quinn was an afterthought...Hayes....Simms...now Donald. I hope he can get Coples & Easley to ball out. In fact, I'm banking on it...
Boudrouex...Coach Boo has done a lot with very little...With a lil more talent, running game should really take off....
Chuck Cecil....Love the way our DB's play...with very average investments....all second rounders or less....
Frank Bush...For some reason I figured he was the reason for JL55's play....really held it against him. Now I kinda like him...Moving Ogletree to MLB is/was genius. I still haven't seen a backup LB that is ready to come in and play...I blame Bush.
Groh....Best hire in some time for Fisher...Most of our coaches came through the Chicago Bears...I find this interesting...Groh has worked with some outstanding offensive talent, as far as wrs and the oc.....He gets his first chance to show what he learned. I expect him to eventually replace
Coupled with breaking in a rookie quarterback the Rams just invested the first overall pick in in last April’s draft – and have every hope and intention of opening the season with as the starter – it’s been a bit of a shock to the system thus far.
Of course, when you are coming off a season in which you scored the second fewest points in the NFL, it could be argued nothing short of shock therapy is required to get things pointed in the right direction. And maybe that’s exactly what’s happening. Nevertheless, it’s pretty clear to even the untrained eye that getting the Rams offense in tune with Boras’ playbook is very much a work in progress during OTA’S.
“There’s ups and downs. That’s part of the process with everybody,” Boras said. “There’s enough of our offense that’s new right now that it’s kind of uncomfortable for everybody. And we’re trying to make it comfortable. And when that happens, we’ll all feel good. But right now it’s uncomfortable.” Boras insists a team-wide comfort level will eventually set in. But right now, he senses some heads swimming.

Boras....Boras' path is a strange one...OC...really no huge offensive success stories. TE coach to OC??? We shall see. I do find it a lil concerning the way the offense is running/looking during ota (has he returned the playbook to Latin?o_O)...Does he know what he's doing?
Weinke....He's worked with 3 qbs that have reached the NFL...I figured they were drafting Hundley based on their styles...oh well. His 2015 QB play...the way the QB's performed under his watch, leaves a big microscope on him in 2016. Biggest question mark on the staff...more than Boras
Didn't know Pete was Rodney's brother...
Didn't know lil Fish played at Montana...and was a lil beast too...
Fassel is a smart lil guy....If I didn't know better, he's ready to HC pretty soon....

John Lilly..........And one of his tight ends will be Jared Cook, the former South Carolina tight end who is from the Atlanta area.
I guess this didn't work out too well for Lilly...I guess he gets a clean slate with Higbee & Hemingway...Although I did notice an increase in Kendricks drops last year. Thought he had that fixed? oh well..
I can't remember who's the wr coach....biggest job out of all the coaches...no sure idea how good is the unit...

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
@Florida_Ram

All right... so I'm a Stan supporter, and I have been from the beginning of his time with us.

You say in your OP that Stan became the sole owner of the Rams in 2014. That sticks out to me because I don't remember hearing anything about that happening. I may be wrong on this... but I thought that Lucia and the housewife Chip still maintained a small percentage of the team. Hopefully I am wrong on that.

Not trying to put you through too much effort here Man... but where did you collect the info that Stan is now the sole owner?

Thanks

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
@Florida_Ram

All right... so I'm a Stan supporter, and I have been from the beginning of his time with us.

You say in your OP that Stan became the sole owner of the Rams in 2014. That sticks out to me because I don't remember hearing anything about that happening. I may be wrong on this... but I thought that Lucia and the housewife Chip still maintained a small percentage of the team. Hopefully I am wrong on that.

Not trying to put you through too much effort here Man... but where did you collect the info that Stan is now the sole owner?

Thanks

Well to be honest Selassie I.... My perception of mr. Kroenke was he's the sole owner but maybe he's technically only the Sole Majority Owner by a such a large % that he needs no vote from any possible minority share holder/partner such as Lucia/Chip or anyone else listed, to make any kind of personal decisions on the LA Rams behalf. ?

I don't have the exact % ownership shareholder pie chart/evidence on hand but now I'm curious of what the exact breakdown might be.. Surely this would have no effect on Stan calling all the shots.

It wouldn't be unlikely that Lucia/Chip have a tiny % portion as part of the contract agreement/clause in the sale etc.. A very observant catch/concern on your behalf detective Selassie :cool:

I'm no expert on Sole Ownership of professional sports franchises but I'm guessing most if not all of have some sort of minority share holders invested, which in an sense would mean sole majority owner not outright 100%.. just guessing and below is some of the generic details which I'm sure you already knew...

Owners of the Rams since 1937

1937 – 1941 Homer Marshman
1941 – 1972 Daniel F. Reeves
1972 – 1972 Robert Irsay
1972 – 1979 Carroll Rosenbloom
1979 – 2008 Georgia Frontiere
2008 – 2010 Chip Rosenbloom
2010 -- E. Stanley Kroenke

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2010/apr/13/stan-kroenke-arsenal-louis-rams

APRIL 13, 2010

Stan Kroenke, the single largest shareholder in Arsenal, has decided to buy the 60% of the St Louis Rams he does not already own. Some reports suggested the American had been expected to sell his share in the Rams on Monday, freeing up capital in order to make an immediate bid for a full Arsenal takeover.

Indeed, Shahid Khan, the owner of an auto-parts maker Flex-N-Gate Corp., had agreed in February to buy the stake in the National Football League team. So last night's move to buy the remainder of the Rams, rather than towards Arsenal, surprised the NFL.

"We have exercised our right to purchase the remaining interest in the St Louis Rams football team under the terms of our partnership agreement," Kroenke said last night in an emailed statement, according to the Bloomberg website.

http://www.denverpost.com/2010/08/25/nfl-approves-kroenkes-purchase-of-rams/

AUGUST 25, 2010

“I think we’re here to talk about the Rams,” Stan Kroenke said. “We can talk about Carmelo some other time. Josh will have lots of good answers for you on that.”

Broncos owner Pat Bowlen, who has been competing with Kroenke for Denver sports-market revenue the past 10 years, raised no objection about the estimated $450 million transaction between the Rams’ partners. Kroenke had been a minority owner of the Rams since 1995. He raised his stake to 40 percent in 1997.

The NFL owners’ approval means Kroenke eventually will buy the remaining 60 percent of the Rams from Chip Rosenbloom and Lucia Rodriguez, the children of late owner Georgia Frontiere.

Bowlen’s Broncos and Kroenke’s Rams play Nov. 28 at Invesco Field at Mile High.

“No surprise,” said Joe Ellis, the Broncos’ chief operating officer. “Pat supported it. He thinks Stan is the right owner for the St. Louis Rams.”

Detective 'Selassie I' ;)... "hey Florida, you have a copy of those photographs of Kroenke?"

telephone.gif

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Homer Marshman
Bezdek_Hugo.jpg

Daniel F. Reeves
Dan_Reeves_(American_football_executive).jpg

Robert Irsay
80200824.jpg

Carroll Rosenbloom
CarrollRosenbloomColts.jpg

Georgia Frontiere
54da55f256660_-_georgia-frontiere-lg-65819312.jpg

Chip Rosenbloom
latest

Enos Stanley "Stan" Kroenke
650x366

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Well to be honest Selassie I.... My perception of mr. Kroenke was he's the sole owner but maybe he's technically only the Sole Majority Owner by a such a large % that he needs no vote from any possible minority share holder/partner such as Lucia/Chip or anyone else listed, to make any kind of personal decisions on the LA Rams behalf. ?

I don't have the exact % ownership shareholder pie chart/evidence on hand but now I'm curious of what the exact breakdown might be.. Surely this would have no effect on Stan calling all the shots.

It wouldn't be unlikely that Lucia/Chip have a tiny % portion as part of the contract agreement/clause in the sale etc.. A very observant catch/concern on your behalf detective Selassie :cool:

I'm no expert on Sole Ownership of professional sports franchises but I'm guessing most if not all of have some sort of minority share holders invested, which in an sense would mean sole majority owner not outright 100%.. just guessing and below is some of the generic details which I'm sure you already knew...

Owners of the Rams since 1937

1937 – 1941 Homer Marshman
1941 – 1972 Daniel F. Reeves
1972 – 1972 Robert Irsay
1972 – 1979 Carroll Rosenbloom
1979 – 2008 Georgia Frontiere
2008 – 2010 Chip Rosenbloom
2010 -- E. Stanley Kroenke

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2010/apr/13/stan-kroenke-arsenal-louis-rams

APRIL 13, 2010

Stan Kroenke, the single largest shareholder in Arsenal, has decided to buy the 60% of the St Louis Rams he does not already own. Some reports suggested the American had been expected to sell his share in the Rams on Monday, freeing up capital in order to make an immediate bid for a full Arsenal takeover.

Indeed, Shahid Khan, the owner of an auto-parts maker Flex-N-Gate Corp., had agreed in February to buy the stake in the National Football League team. So last night's move to buy the remainder of the Rams, rather than towards Arsenal, surprised the NFL.

"We have exercised our right to purchase the remaining interest in the St Louis Rams football team under the terms of our partnership agreement," Kroenke said last night in an emailed statement, according to the Bloomberg website.

http://www.denverpost.com/2010/08/25/nfl-approves-kroenkes-purchase-of-rams/

AUGUST 25, 2010

“I think we’re here to talk about the Rams,” Stan Kroenke said. “We can talk about Carmelo some other time. Josh will have lots of good answers for you on that.”

Broncos owner Pat Bowlen, who has been competing with Kroenke for Denver sports-market revenue the past 10 years, raised no objection about the estimated $450 million transaction between the Rams’ partners. Kroenke had been a minority owner of the Rams since 1995. He raised his stake to 40 percent in 1997.

The NFL owners’ approval means Kroenke eventually will buy the remaining 60 percent of the Rams from Chip Rosenbloom and Lucia Rodriguez, the children of late owner Georgia Frontiere.

Bowlen’s Broncos and Kroenke’s Rams play Nov. 28 at Invesco Field at Mile High.

“No surprise,” said Joe Ellis, the Broncos’ chief operating officer. “Pat supported it. He thinks Stan is the right owner for the St. Louis Rams.”

Detective 'Selassie I' ;)... "hey Florida, you have a copy of those photographs of Kroenke?"

telephone.gif

The % of ownership thing has a special meaning to me... especially if Stan ever becomes 100% owner. It's the only reason I picked up on that.

I vowed years ago to get a Ram tattoo when the Rams were no longer owned in any part by "that woman's" family. Reason being... that's the only way that I'd know for sure that the leech john shaw would no longer be a part (no matter how small) of my Beloved Rams.

Sadly... I've come to the conclusion that I will probably have to wait for the news of shaw's death to finally get my 1st ever tattoo... because I don't think Lucia and her house wife brother are ever gonna get rid of their small pieces of the pie. Call me a sicko... but I already know that LOL.

And yeah.... shaw wouldn't be safe if he was to find himself alone with me. Hahahahahahahahaaaaaa.

My very long wait continues. I was actually hoping that you were going to show me that my wait was over. Oh well,,, some day it will finally end,,, and I will keep my promise.

Last edited:

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
The % of ownership thing has a special meaning to me... especially if Stan ever becomes 100% owner. It's the only reason I picked up on that.

My very long wait continues. I was actually hoping that you were going to show me that my wait was over. Oh well,,, some day it will finally end,,, and I will keep my promise.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_255d3048-6dff-5a5d-a0c8-f28fdd2849bc.html

Aug 26, 2010
Kroenke has been minority owner of the Rams since the franchise moved to St. Louis in 1995. Under terms of Wednesday's sales agreement, Kroenke immediately buys only 30 percent of the 60 percent share of the team held by Rosenbloom and Rodriguez. He will purchase the remaining 30 percent at a later date.

http://rams.1stroundmediagroup.com/ (Rams Media Guide page 10)

Mr. Kroenke became sole owner in 2014. He previously served 16 seasons as co-owner of the club increasing his stake to 40 percent in 1997. (and again increased his stake to 70 percent in August of 2010)

SUMMARY:
Kroenke became the 70% outright owner in August of 2010 but was still on the hook for the remaining 30%.

According to the the Rams official media guide (page 10) Kroenke became the SOLE Owner at some point in 2014. It doesn't give details of final payment for the remaining 30% but the statement (Sole Owner) can only mean he completed his final payment.

This my friend better give you some closure, or I'm going to need some more investigative funds from you. It is very risky breaking into the vault to snap pictures of the Private Finance Purchase records & documents. The area is heavily secured with guards, cameras and a state of the art security alarm system. :cool:

finding-marlowe-phone.gif

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_255d3048-6dff-5a5d-a0c8-f28fdd2849bc.html

Aug 26, 2010
Kroenke has been minority owner of the Rams since the franchise moved to St. Louis in 1995. Under terms of Wednesday's sales agreement, Kroenke immediately buys only 30 percent of the 60 percent share of the team held by Rosenbloom and Rodriguez. He will purchase the remaining 30 percent at a later date.

http://rams.1stroundmediagroup.com/ (Rams Media Guide page 10)

Mr. Kroenke became sole owner in 2014. He previously served 16 seasons as co-owner of the club increasing his stake to 40 percent in 1997. (and again increased his stake to 70 percent in August of 2010)

SUMMARY:
Kroenke became the 70% outright owner in August of 2010 but was still on the hook for the remaining 30%.

According to the the Rams official media guide (page 10) Kroenke became the SOLE Owner at some point in 2014. It doesn't give details of final payment for the remaining 30% but the statement (Sole Owner) can only mean he completed his final payment.

This my friend better give you some closure, or I'm going to need some more investigative funds from you. It is very risky breaking into the vault to snap pictures of the Private Finance Purchase records & documents. The area is heavily secured with guards, cameras and a state of the art security alarm system. :cool:

finding-marlowe-phone.gif

Great find Man. This is really the 1st thing that I've seen suggesting that Stan is FINALLY the sole owner. Very encouraging.

Looks like I'm going to have to find a kickass artist and tattoo design now.

I think I'll ask KD if he can confirm this. Thanks again.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Great find Man. This is really the 1st thing that I've seen suggesting that Stan is FINALLY the sole owner. Very encouraging.

Looks like I'm going to have to find a kickass artist and tattoo design now.

I think I'll ask KD if he can confirm this. Thanks again.

I want to be one of the first to know when you get some feedback from KD....

giphy.gif