Kyren’s versatility won out…who can/will help him?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I like Williams, he's a football player.

But he's not a #1 back and they need an upgrade to that room.
I like Williams too but he needs help. They need someone like Evens or Rivers to step up but McVay needs to give them an opportunity too.

jap

Legend
I like Williams too but he needs help. They need someone like Evens or Rivers to step up but McVay needs to give them an opportunity too.
If Zach Ev ans has fumbling or pass-blocking issues, he will not get many opportunities in a McVay offense. Zach looks like a mini-Todd Gurley or a mini-Eric Dickinson when touting the rock due to his upright running style.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
If Zach Ev ans has fumbling or pass-blocking issues, he will not get many opportunities in a McVay offense. Zach looks like a mini-Todd Gurley or a mini-Eric Dickinson when touting the rock due to his upright running style.
He fumbled in college but I didn't see him lose one in preseason. I have no idea where he's at in his pass protection. Williams is getting opportunities yet can't catch the ball or be in the right place for Stafford. He had another one go off his hands that was almost intercepted this last game.

madrid311

RomandeacondickersonolsenwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Madrid311
looks like the McVay era will be known as "he was a gurly type back away from dominating the NFL." I really don't like the fact that all of his quirks are still there, and he won't change. I was hoping for more from him. oh, to be a fly on the wall at ram's house. go rams!

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
looks like the McVay era will be known as "he was a gurly type back away from dominating the NFL." I really don't like the fact that all of his quirks are still there, and he won't change. I was hoping for more from him. oh, to be a fly on the wall at ram's house. go rams!
Jonathan Taylor would be that dude.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I like Williams, he's a football player.

But he's not a #1 back and they need an upgrade to that room.

Yeah, no doubt, but I'm not expecting it until the next draft.

Ramlife

Rookie
Name
Bill
I have zero confidence in the running game being used with any efficiency.

jap

Legend
He fumbled in college but I didn't see him lose one in preseason. I have no idea where he's at in his pass protection. Williams is getting opportunities yet can't catch the ball or be in the right place for Stafford. He had another one go off his hands that was almost intercepted this last game.
 Kyren was suppose to have the best hands in the RB room. However, live-game action demonstrates the truth. Perhaps, Kyren can clean up his catching before long and learn to run his routes to Matthew's satisfaction. He has very good pass-blocking skills and possesses a nice burst through any cracks in the LOS wall.

I would like to see what Zach has to offer, but he has to become a bonafide pass-blocker first before he sees significant touches. He may be our hidden gem, just needing a little more polishing before we turn him loose on the NFL.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Jonathan Taylor would be that dude.
Yeah, I’ve been back and forth on this but at this point, McVay only seems to not abandon the run when he has a dominant back. Because of that, I’d try and get Taylor

I don’t feel anymore that way about Burns. He’s a younger Leonard Floyd and not worth TJ Watt money

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Just saw a tweet...
Kyren hasn't faced one stacked box.. his longest run is 9 yards and he's averaging 3.6 a carry.
I've mentioned numerous times that he's just too limited physically. We're seeing that play out.

Gotta agree there. I'm sorry but Kyren shouldn't be a starter but is a backup that can be a great change of pace back. We need someone back there with more homerun ability or able to grind for tough yards on obvious running plays.

WestCoastRam

Legend

He also has to know the offense. I have a hard time believing that he wouldn't be elevated if he knew the offense really well and had the right practice habits even with issues pass blocking (though fumbling could keep him off the roster, I guess).

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
I watched the preseason games pretty closely (I was jonesing for football!) and Evans sure didn't show much.

Both Rivers and Freeman showed a lot more "pop" and tenacity than Evans.

Evans has talent, no doubt. But my guess is that he needs a year of seasoning before he can contribute.

And quite frankly, I hear Charles Barkley saying "knucklehead" when I think of Evans. Kid had a long string of behavior and attitude issues in both HS and college. My guess is he needs a year of being in the pros so he can mature a bit.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Good teams have a bell cow #1 type back. Good teams don't. Its not make or break. If you don't have one you can still win games. We proved that in 2021. When was the last time Kansas City had a typical RB1 type back?

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
I am in favor of drafting a RB this off-season and just signing a stop gap to a 1 year deal in the interim. Fournette is out there who I think does bring an element we lack (big, physical runner that also brings experience to a young team) and he can also pass catch / was a good enough blocker to earn Tom Brady's trust. He's only and was very productive the year before last when Tampa's offensive line was almost as bad as our historically poor unit. I really do think he has at least 1 season of positive contributions left in the tank. Darryl Henderson is also available if we want to go in that direction for a reunion. If we can get Taylor on the cheap I'd do it, as I am sure all teams would, but I don't see that happening. I am not keen to give up notable assets for a RB. Not considering where this team is at. If this was a Super Bowl contending roster I'd be on board the Taylor train.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Now, more than ever, I’m convinced the Rams are going to make an honest run at Jonathan Taylor.