Kurt's # retired in AZ last night

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
The Giants need to hire Kurt to come back and re-educate Eli

fearsomefour

Legend
Yeah, terrible game on Sunday then watching the Cardinals organization....the freaking Cardinals, get it and do things right....just out right depressing if you are a Rams fan.

Irish

Starter
This organization has been brutally slow in honoring it's great St. Louis players. Warner, Bruce, Faulk, Holt, Pace all deserve to be honored, and you could argue all of them deserve to have their names put in the ring of fame together.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Yeah, terrible game on Sunday then watching the Cardinals organization....the freaking Cardinals, get it and do things right....just out right depressing if you are a Rams fan.

On this account I agree the Cards did it right ,but having been one of their (the Cards) better fans I have to say , Kurt being so nearly alone in the strata of former Cardinals doesn't establish that orgs bona fides as better than the org Stan Kroenke wishes to build this org BACK TO. I'm not envious nor depressed
The CASH COW Georgia/Shaw years left us in a deep hole we still suffer from,I can't completely fault this org for being less anxious than the Cardinals to get that done ,they have so little when it comes to greats of the game to point to vs this franchise . If you will he (Kurt) did more for them than he did for us,just getting that wobegone bunch on track he did nearly single handedly,Kurt had a WHOLE lot of help here and FWIW took a lot of knowledge from the Mad One to them.
Either way , it always warms my heart to see Kurt get props,but I WILL NEVER HANG MY HEAD because I'm a Ram fan (I hope).

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
At this point I assume they are following the lead of the Baseball Cardinals and not doing anything until the player is in the Hall of Fame. If so that delays it, but it will happen. He and those teams have been honored quite a bit by the organization through the years at numerous events. I understand holding back their "greatest" honor. The bigger issue is what they do if some of the favorites do not get in the HoF. As a baseball Cards fan I always wanted Willie to get honored by them but it did not (and will not) happen since he did not make the HoF. He was as big of piece and as much of a fan favorite as Ozzie. The Rams may have a similar situation if either Bruce or Holt doesn't get in the Hall (Note I am not saying/arguing they do or do not deserve it - I mearly use them as possible examples due to the long backlog of recievers and how slow recievers seem to get into the HoF).

StevenG-BR

Rookie
This organization has been brutally slow in honoring it's great St. Louis players. Warner, Bruce, Faulk, Holt, Pace all deserve to be honored, and you could argue all of them deserve to have their names put in the ring of fame together.

When this team can put together a freaking .500 season I'll start to concern myself with extracurricular issues such as this.

Figuring out who to honor and when... seems like the concerns of fans from a winning organization.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
I can't completely fault this org for being less anxious than the Cardinals to get that done ,they have so little when it comes to greats of the game to point to vs this franchise . If you will he (Kurt) did more for them than he did for us,just getting that wobegone bunch on track he did nearly single handedly,
Truth be told, the Cards need to set their standards higher. Yes, Warner led them to their first SB. Yes, that run was remarkable. But how long was he there? 4 years? Retired numbers belong to mainstays; players that can be identified with the team for most of their career.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
The Cardinals know they are never going to another superbowl again. I can see why they retired a 4 year player.

The Rams have been their 3 times and will be back again.

Besides if a player doesn't bleed team colors he doesn't deserve the honor IMO.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
its embarrassing for the Rams they haven't retired it especially before AZ. not a proud moment right now

moklerman

Warner-phile
I suppose it isn't just Rams fans that do stuff like this but it's pretty sad to me that fans can be so bitter and spiteful toward Warner. He was the face of the brightest spot in St. Louis Rams and possibly all Rams history. It wasn't Warner who wanted to leave, the Rams and the fans ran him out of St. Louis. Yet, he still speaks well of the franchise. Warner has class, some fans do not.