Kurt Warner... Hall of Fame

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Sorry, I know it's been addressed in another thread....but...he deserves his own thread.

Kurt delivered us our only Super Bowl. That alone (even though he has many other accolades) is enough. Add to that his "Story"

Kurt... God Bless you! Thanks for giving us Rams faithful the season of a lifetime. Along with the rest of your phenominal career.

Kurt Warner Elected Into Pro Football Hall of Fame
http://www.therams.com/news-and-events/article-1/Kurt-Warner-Elected-Into-Pro-Football-Hall-of-Fame

HOUSTON – Former Rams QB KURT WARNER was voted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame as part of the Class of 2017, the Pro Football Hall of Fame announced today. With Warner’s selection, the Rams now boast a total of 30 Hall of Famers – 18 of which spent a significant portion of their careers with the franchise.

“Kurt Warner will always be remembered as one of the NFL's most outstanding quarterbacks,” Rams Owner/Chairman E. STANLEY KROENKE said. “His journey from working the aisles of a grocery store to winning two NFL MVP awards serves as a reminder to never stop pursing your dreams. The Rams enjoyed an incredible run, which included our first Super Bowl title, in large part to his leadership and toughness. Off the field, he and his wife, Brenda, devoted their lives to serving others, and thousands continue to benefit from their outreach initiatives. For these reasons and many more, we congratulate Kurt and his family on this ultimate honor.”

Warner, a three-time finalist, was first eligible for enshrinement in 2015. His resume includes two NFL MVPs, four Pro Bowls, two First-Team All-Pro selections and a Super Bowl MVP trophy, which he earned after throwing for a Super Bowl record 414 yards in the Rams’ win over Tennessee.

In all, he made three Super Bowl starts (XXXIV, XLIII, XXXVI) and owns the top three Super Bowl passing-yard performances in Super Bowl history and ranks second in career Super Bowl passing yards. Warner is also one of just three quarterbacks in NFL history to start a Super Bowl for two different teams, joining Craig Morton and Peyton Manning.

During the 1999 campaign, as a member of the “Greatest Show on Turf,” Warner threw 41 touchdown passes, the most in franchise history. Two seasons later, he tossed 36 touchdowns – the second-highest output by a Ram.

The franchise finished in the top five in passing offense in five-consecutive seasons with Warner as the starting quarterback (1999-2003). Under his watch, the Rams also led the NFL in yards per game, passing yards per game and points per game for three-straight seasons (1999-2001). Warner also finished first in completion percentage after the 1999, 2000 and 2001 seasons – a category he led at the time of his retirement and currently ranks fourth all-time.

From 1999-2009, his time as a starter, he ranks fifth in passing touchdowns, fourth in passing yards and second in completion percentage.

The Class of 2017 Pro Football Hall of Fame induction ceremony will take place on Aug. 5 at Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium in Canton, Ohio.

jap

Legend
They don't call him "Special K" for nothing! I thought his 1999 season was his best with the Horns. The ball hardly ever touched the ground as a very self-conscious Kurt played within himself virtually all season long. in 2000 & 2001 he opened up and took more chances, which caused the INTs and the number of other errant passes to go up. A choir boy who was a veritable tiger in intensity on the field!

They gotta get Isaac in there . . . one of the most complete, do-it-all wide receivers who ever strapped on an NFL helmet!

Last edited:

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
I have a couple autographed photos of Kurt. Maybe they're worth more than just sentimental value to me.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
1998 Practice Squad Player of the Year
1999 Super Bowl MVP.
1999 NFL MVP.

No one will ever do that again in my lifetime. Maybe ever.

fearsomefour

Legend
Simply put, one of the best if not thee best big game quartback in history.
If you can rewatch the Rams playoff game vs Minnesota. Or the Cardinals playoff game his last year vs Green Bay. A special player who, when locked in mentally and in a rhythm, could not be stopped. This is back when defenses could still play defense and hit quarterbacks. Re watching the Superbowl vs the Titans so many hits would be flags now. Hits to the head, hits to the knees, guys taking two steps after the ball was gone and unloading on the QB. Times have changed.
Warner had some great skills but was not (for someone in the top 1%) overtly physically gifted. He had enough arm strength. He couldn't scramble or run at the NFL level. But what the guy had more than anything was toughness and character. Heck he didn't even start most of his high school or college careers. Being told over and over he was not good enough the guy just went back to work. His mastery of the subtle elements of great quarterback play....preparing, watching film, understanding and reading defenses, accuracy, touch, timing, a fantastic ability to create time by moving IN the pocket and toughness to stand there and deliver the ball on time knowing a blitzer was coming clean and was going to blast him. The subtle things and toughness made Warner a Hall of Famer.
As a fan I say thanks Kurt for great games and great fun times. As a father and a guy who works with and has coached kids I say thanks for the amazing example.
Mostly, I say congrats Mr Warner. You deserve it.
An All Time Great Ram and a class human being.

Ram65

Legend
At the time 1999 I was following the Rams on the internet on the game day area. That's where they show a football field and play by play with the ball moving on the field for each play. I kept see these long pass completions by some one named Kurt Warner. Had no idea who he was. I was joking to myself is this the Curt Warner the old running back. I kept saying what's going on with this Kurt Warner and the Rams. The long passes, the TDs and the wins. Eventually, I made out to the bar to watch the games. It was a magical time for all of us Ram fans. Thank you, Kurt Warner!!!!!!!

Psycho_X

Legend
There will never be another career like Kurts. NEVER. We got to experience something extremely special. My favorite athlete of all time both on and off the field. Well, he's tied with Bruce at the very least. I wish I could relive that 99 season again so badly it hurts. But we'll always have the memories at least. Well deserved.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Not ashamed to say I had tears rolling down my face watching all of those vids. Congrats Kurt!!!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

Really Nice Class, BUT!!!! Two RB's and no Bruuuce!? A Kicker, and No Bruuuce!? JERRY JONES, and No Bruce!!?
unbelievable.gif

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Well deserved.

Damn shame about TO though...makes the Hall look...I don't know...favoritism...

Great Player
Great Human Being
Great Story
And a Winner

What else can one ask for? You know an athlete is extra special when they are universally liked and respected, even by fans of the opponents.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
I was displeased with the lack of diversity at this awards show.......................oops, I thought I was an actor for a second.

Congrats to Kurt Warner! :)

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
the one ability i liked of Kurt's was that the Rams were always in the game with him at QB. never understood the poor treatment from management (lack of good Oline, playing when injured, etc etc.).
i still laugh at myself when i saw that the Rams signed Kurt Warner as a free agent and i thought they misspelled "Curt" and then thought, that dude must be almost 40 years old, what good will he be for the running game??".

definitely fun to watch him play football.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well deserved.

Damn shame about TO though...makes the Hall look...I don't know...favoritism...

Guess he really stepped on a lot of toes. Folks don't forget. That being said, he should get in. As should Ike and Torry.