Kupp's physical progression in OTAs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
How about the FACT that Sammy had a ROOKIE lining him up on the LOS for most of the season.
He missed camp...
How about the inexcusable lack of effort on some plays. How about his essentially 50% career catch rate.
he typically has passes longer than 4 yard routes....he's a deep ball guy..
The others have DEMONSTRATED they can do everything Sammy can do and more.
except score td's at a 1 every 5 caught balls rate...
How many did the speedster Watkins catch in that game?
I think he caught 1....
4 more...
probably a td
Come on... You know he was wide open all game.
I'd imagine he was....
whereas Cooks has succeeded with 2 different offenses and never takes a play off

interesting....
dude was with Brees....then Brady....and he's traded both times....yet he was "successful"....I wonder why? And no...don't have a clue....

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Watkins has all the tools to be a great wide receiver. But he has never produced consistently. I'll bet the Chiefs will cut him as soon as the guaranteed money is gone, and he won't be much of a cap hit.

dang

Legend
Differing opinions is what makes this forum interesting - however - its apparent that the majority of ROD posters feel that while Sammy Watkins is a talented player he did not contribute as much to the Rams offense last year as was hoped. You can attribute some of that to Sammy not having the opportunity to work out with the Rams until the season started but my opinion (and its only my opinion):

1) Sammy was excellent at going over the middle and ended the season as a very good red zone target
2) Sammy was a strong player who did well with YAC
3) Sammy appeared to take off too many plays and it showed when he and Goff didn't seem to be on the same page 4) Sammy did not appear to improve (except as red zone target) as the year progressed
5) Sammy really showed badly at the end of the Falcons game - he should have won at least 1of those 2 opportunities for a TD (it was magnified by the fact that Higbee had foobarred a sure TD)
6) If Sammy meshes with a QB and provides consistent 100% effort he has the talent/skills to be an ALL Pro.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Differing opinions is what makes this forum interesting - however - its apparent that the majority of ROD posters feel that while Sammy Watkins is a talented player he did not contribute as much to the Rams offense last year as was hoped. You can attribute some of that to Sammy not having the opportunity to work out with the Rams until the season started but my opinion (and its only my opinion):

1) Sammy was excellent at going over the middle and ended the season as a very good red zone target
2) Sammy was a strong player who did well with YAC
3) Sammy appeared to take off too many plays and it showed when he and Goff didn't seem to be on the same page 4) Sammy did not appear to improve (except as red zone target) as the year progressed
5) Sammy really showed badly at the end of the Falcons game - he should have won at least 1of those 2 opportunities for a TD (it was magnified by the fact that Higbee had foobarred a sure TD)
6) If Sammy meshes with a QB and provides consistent 100% effort he has the talent/skills to be an ALL Pro.

I wasn't happy that Watkins left the team. That said, I trust the judgment of the coaches. Maybe they felt he didn't fit in with their particular vibe or under the salary cap or both. Hopefully Brandin Cooks will more than fill the bill.

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
Come on guys .. give champ a break he is still bitter that the rams finally recognised talent .. why ya think grob and his boy quick are no longer here

Come on UK, he not pissed about G Rob, he’s pissed about Jason Smith

Aren’t we all?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
He missed camp...

he typically has passes longer than 4 yard routes....he's a deep ball guy..

except score td's at a 1 every 5 caught balls rate...

I think he caught 1....
4 more...
probably a td

I'd imagine he was....

interesting....
dude was with Brees....then Brady....and he's traded both times....yet he was "successful"....I wonder why? And no...don't have a clue....
Cook vs Watkins !!
The value was the reason.1st rd picks for a wr.
NO. Had enough WR’s & needed young core defensive players. They hit the jackpot last season.
NE. didn’t want to pay him & value was better than what they gave up.
— Really was not a fan of Watkins at all when he did his Diva thing. Cooks had a bad game & got better after that.He had to figure it out. My girlfriend had him on fantasy, he killed it. Sammy you couldn’t put on your team.Woods helped me & then got hurt. Copper Kupp was banged up, but helped one game & messed up a game.
Truth is McVay knows what he has in Brandin Cooks, he would not be going off on his speed if he didn’t. The dude is so freaking focused as well. You’ll see once the lights go on.
Sammy is a good WR,but Goff struggled connecting with him.He didn’t finish a lot of routes & hardly ever helped to extend a play once it broke down.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
KC's coaches and players believe him to be great.....as the season approaches and moves into the later dates, we'll see who is most correct.
Good to see you my man.... *Gets blue font ready...

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
KC's coaches and players believe him to be great.....as the season approaches and moves into the later dates, we'll see who is most correct.

Skill level is there. There is no doubt he learned a lot being a Ram!! He has a The skills to be great, that shows with some of the plays he makes look easy.

I just hate the way he stops on plays & doesn’t help a QB out. Then again I don’t think Jared Goff can by time as well as the kid from KC.Get Sammy in the open field and look out. He is big & strong.

Personally though from the stats point if it Brandon Cooks is the closest of being great.

dang

Legend
Sammy on KC will not be asked to be the deep threat. That belongs to Tyreek Hill. Rams will definitely miss him in the Red Zone so one (or more) of our TEs needs to step up.

dang

Legend
Sammy on KC will not be asked to be the deep threat. That belongs to Tyreek Hill. Rams will definitely miss him in the Red Zone so one (or more) of our TEs needs to step up.
or perhaps Reynolds!!

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Honestly he just ran a couple of slants. Woods can get those targets.