Kroenke envisions new model for running the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
If he wanted to sell, winning wouldn't matter, because AEG would rather buy a loser team with attendance issues that they can move easier.

I don't think he has any intention to sell, he's a professional sports owner, if anything he probably wants an MLB team.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
squeaky wheel said:
Yamahopper said:
Gonna take Stan at his word. He wants to win so that's great. And he's right after 15&65 or whatever it is, the fans deserve a winner.

But eliminating ego is easier said than done. I like how he lays it out with the accountability.

Now the people that will get hired know what he expects and what the results will be if they don't win. That's fair. And fair for the fans too.

I wonder how hard it was for him to sit as minority owner all those years watch the team die slowly with really no say on how it was run.

Good luck Stan.

Well if his plan was to obtain majority control then sitting through the dysfunction was made easier by the falling value of the team meaning less cost to him. He can add value now which is pure profit to him should he want to sell.

Georga wasn't selling no matter what. Then her kids took over and had all the tax issues and just kept putting it off.

Minority owners don't have a lot of say. Yeah he could have taken it to court that his investment was being diminished. But at what cost and to what ends.
He knew when he bought in that someday this could be all his which is why he had the first option to buy the team if it was sold.