Kroenk Plays the 'Victim' Card

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'm not condoning it, only describing it.....change is often difficult.
Oh I know man, no worries. I didn't take your comment as an endorsement.

I just saw an opportunity to bitch about that phrase and I jumped on it... no doubt I'm extra sore about that mentality though.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
How do you figure? Didn't St Louis propose something about that price range and it was essentially deemed not even close?
The CVC proposed upgrades in the neighborhood of $165M I believe.

The thing is, there's nothing some 15 different defined areas listed in the "top tier" clause. Each item was subjective as to the interpretation. But upping number to $300M give or take would have made the arbitrator's decision a whole tougher to side with the Rams $700m.

And had the arbitration gone in favor of the CVC the Rams were bound by it. Unlike the CVC who had the option of declining.

Look I get the whole clause was ultimately the thing that allowed them to leave. But there was no way in hell anyone in their right mind would accept the terms of the arbitration for what amounted to keeping them here for the remaining ten years.

My entire point is that Kroenke could and should have found a way to work with them if he was as sincere as he claims to be in not wanting to leave STL.

I call BS in that claim. He knew the minute he excercised his option to buy out Khan.

bluecoconuts

Legend
The CVC proposed upgrades in the neighborhood of $165M I believe.

The thing is, there's nothing some 15 different defined areas listed in the "top tier" clause. Each item was subjective as to the interpretation. But upping number to $300M give or take would have made the arbitrator's decision a whole tougher to side with the Rams $700m.

And had the arbitration gone in favor of the CVC the Rams were bound by it. Unlike the CVC who had the option of declining.

Look I get the whole clause was ultimately the thing that allowed them to leave. But there was no way in hell anyone in their right mind would accept the terms of the arbitration for what amounted to keeping them here for the remaining ten years.

My entire point is that Kroenke could and should have found a way to work with them if he was as sincere as he claims to be in not wanting to leave STL.

I call BS in that claim. He knew the minute he excercised his option to buy out Khan.

Couldn't the CVC have countered rather than sit for years?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Couldn't the CVC have countered rather than sit for years?
Or maybe propose a more realistic option? Instead, they wanted the Rams out of the Dome. That was a decision they made. But knowing that they weren't putting forward a realistic solution, shouldn't they or someone have started figuring out the next step rather than just declining to do work that they actually put the $700 million figure on? Shouldn't someone have heeded Dierdorf's warnings many years ago?

People can use the excuse that they had just built a stadium and couldn't be expected to turn around and build another that quickly. But it is disingenuous at the least to say they shouldn't have been working on the solution. They knew the clause was there. They could have even formulated a plan while Georgia was still alive if they were really serious about working out a solution. Instead, they got the extension from Georgia and then did nothing with that time.

And here we are and the only true victims are the fans and citizens of the Lou. But your politicians had everything to do with that just as much as Stan and actually Georgia. They sold the Lou down the river to cover their own asses because they had a stadium with very little convention business for it and no team to play in it. And all they cared about was luring a team ANY team into that stadium to save face. And they were dead on in knowing that when the time to pay the piper came due, they had zero accountability in it all.

And for those saying the NFL and it's owners have become all about the money, I give you Georgia Frontiere. The poster child for all about the money NFL owners. This is nothing new. It just affects a different fan base.