Kiper's Big Board (Updated)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Last week, Matt Barkley's decision to stay at USC for another year shifted the Big Board and, perhaps more importantly, the entire draft picture at the quarterback position. There haven't been any scene-changing declarations this week, but I've made some moves on the Board. Notable is that regardless of where your favorite team is picking in Round 1, there's a rise in overall talent, and the diversity of that talent along the offensive line. The position group is starting to look really deep.

As always, read on and let me know who should be higher or who's been passed over, in your opinion. As always, juniors and draft-eligible sophomores are noted with an asterisk.

Andrew Luck *
DOB: 9/12/89
HT: 6-4
WT: 235
POS: QB
Comp 261
Att 373
Pct 70.0
Yds 3,170
TD 35
Int 9

I don't foresee a situation in which Luck relinquishes this spot before the draft. He is the total package: arm strength, size, smarts and demeanor. He remains my pick to go No. 1 overall and could unseat Peyton Manning in Indy.
LAST WEEK: 1 | PLAYER CARD

Matt Kalil *
DOB: 7/6/89
HT: 6-7
WT: 295
POS: OT
GP 12
GS 12

Kalil was steady the entire season and has the full range of skills for the left tackle position, not to mention the pedigree. He has announced he's in the draft, and could be challenged, but is currently a safe bet for the top five.
LAST WEEK: 2 | PLAYER CARD

Trent Richardson *
DOB: 7/10/91
HT: 5-11
WT: 224
POS: RB
Car 263
Yds 1,583
Avg. 6.0
TD 20

The BCS title game should be his final one in college. Richardson's splitting carries in his first two seasons will benefit him. Powerful, fast and with improved vision, he runs with good pad level and breaks tackles with ease.
LAST WEEK: 3 | PLAYER CARD

Morris Claiborne *
DOB: 2/7/90
HT: 6-1
WT: 185
POS: CB
Tkl 46
Sack 0
Int 6

Flew under the radar all year, but he's a very good player. Big rise in 2011; now the top corner. Exceptional pure cover corner with impeccable instincts at the position. Locates the ball and can catch it. Not a burner, but plenty quick.
LAST WEEK: 4 | PLAYER CARD

Justin Blackmon *
DOB: 1/9/90
WT: 208
POS: WR
Rec 113
Yds 1,336
Avg 11.8
TD 15

Blackmon had a remarkable regular season, eclipsing his 111 catches of a year ago. A better prospect than recent OSU star Dez Bryant. Versatile, explosive and really works to get open. Great ball skills; breaks tackles.
LAST WEEK: 5 | PLAYER CARD

Robert Griffin III *
DOB: 2/12/90
WT: 220
Comp 267
Att 369
Pct 72.4
Yds 3,998
TD 36
Int 6

Not buying any talk he'd be higher on some boards than Luck, but his altered delivery has resulted in better accuracy on downfield throws. Great kid, underrated passer, big-time athlete. No ill effects from 2009 knee injury. Remarkable numbers.
LAST WEEK: 6 | PLAYER CARD

Riley Reiff *
DOB: 12/1/88
HT: 6-6
WT: 300
GP 12
GS 12

Jumps this week. With Reiff, the tape doesn't lie -- and it may be the best tape of any LT this year because he's so complete. Durable, he has played from day one at Iowa. Ceiling a question, but he's very good now.
LAST WEEK: 9 | PLAYER CARD

Quinton Coples
DOB: 6/22/90
WT: 285
POS: DE
Tkl 51
Sack 7.5
Int 0

Production isn't amazing, but skill set is hard to look past. The size and talent are there, but he'll need to add to his arsenal with increased blocking attention. Great size and length to hold the edge as a 4-3 defensive end.
LAST WEEK: 7 | PLAYER CARD

Jonathan Martin *
DOB: 7/6/89
WT: 304
GP 12
GS 12

Martin can technically go back to school, as a fourth-year junior. Trusted in the passing game as the blindside protection for Luck, he also does a great job in the run game, especially for how athletic he is.
LAST WEEK: 8 | PLAYER CARD

Luke Kuechly *
DOB: 4/20/91
HT: 6-3
WT: 237
POS: LB
Tkl 191
Sack 0.0
Int 3

Great instincts both against the run and even dropping his hips and falling into coverage. Dependable, a tackling machine, he makes great reads, sees the play develop and sheds blockers well. Solid status.
LAST WEEK: 10 | PLAYER CARD

Devon Still
DOB: 7/11/89
HT: 6-5
WT: 310
POS: DT
Tkl 49
Sack 4.5
Int 0

Jumps this week. A great penetrator, he has overcome health issues and has been extremely disruptive, breaking through double-teams to pile up TFLs. Could play a couple of spots at next level.
LAST WEEK: 15 | PLAYER CARD

Landry Jones *
DOB: 4/22/89
WT: 229
Comp 339
Att 537
Pct 63.1
Yds 4,302
TD 28
Int 14

I still like the way he's battled in 2011, but it's fair to say his reputation outpaced his performance this season. Accuracy is still very good. Good size, strong arm but needs to improve footwork. Still a very good prospect.
LAST WEEK: 12 | PLAYER CARD

Cordy Glenn
DOB: 9/18/89
WT: 348
POS: T/G
GP 13
GS 13

Really experienced player whose best strength is versatility. Has spent time at tackle but can dominate at guard, and I'd expect whoever drafts him to ultimately have him blocking inside.
LAST WEEK: 16 | PLAYER CARD

David DeCastro
DOB: 1/1/90
POS: OG
GP 12
GS 12

Extremely consistent, and both athletic and powerful in the run game. The rare guard who could get some looks in the first round.
LAST WEEK: 17 | PLAYER CARD

Alshon Jeffery *
DOB: 2/14/90
WT: 233
Rec 45
Yds 614
Avg 13.6
TD 7

His production took a hit with South Carolina's turmoil at the QB position, but he had a good rep already. Imposing presence, a matchup nightmare. Phenomenal hands, decent burst, elite size. Speed is a bit of a question.
LAST WEEK: 11 | PLAYER CARD

Brandon Thompson
DOB: 10/19/89
HT: 6-2
Tkl 45
Sack 2.5
Int 0

Scheme-versatile, Thompson might not get the sacks but manages to be a really disruptive force along the interior. Balances plugging running lanes with decent skills as a penetrator. Consistent season.
LAST WEEK: 13 | PLAYER CARD

Vontaze Burfict *
DOB: 9/24/90
WT: 250
Tkl 68
Sack 5.0
Int 1

Has little left to prove; he's started from day one. Great instincts, makes plays sideline to sideline and is far more disciplined than he gets credit for. Maybe too much tape at this point.
LAST WEEK: 14 | PLAYER CARD

Courtney Upshaw
DOB: 12/13/89
WT: 265
Tkl 45
Sack 7.5
Int 1

A riser so far this year, he is showing improved pass-rush skills and should convert to 3-4 OLB at the next level. Great leverage player who uses hands well and battles against the run. Fits the LaMarr Woodley comparison.
LAST WEEK: 18 | PLAYER CARD

Alfonzo Dennard
DOB: 9/9/89
HT: 5-10
WT: 205
Tkl 23
Sack 0.0
Int 0

Plays taller than his 5-foot-10 frame with incredible leaping ability. Handles bigger receivers far better than the height implies. Has strong frame and great ball skills and is a big-time competitor.
LAST WEEK: 19 | PLAYER CARD

Zach Brown
DOB: 10/23/89
WT: 230
Tkl 91
Sack 5.5
Int 2

An absolute flier, Brown isn't big, but he can get after the quarterback and back up and cover like a safety. Has a versatile skill set and can go outside in a 3-4 or be a good weakside in a 4-3.
LAST WEEK: 20 | PLAYER CARD

Jerel Worthy *
DOB: 4/28/90
Tkl 25
Sack 3.5
Int 0

Has played better after an inconsistent start but still can have up-and-down stretches. Disruptive DT in a class that's a little shallower, and that could benefit him. Has good size and is tough to move -- just needs consistency.
LAST WEEK: 21 | PLAYER CARD

Michael Floyd *
DOB: 11/27/89
WT: 224
Rec 95
Yds 1,106
Avg 11.6
TD 8

Multidimensional receiver is able to beat you short or deep using a big frame to beat smaller cornerbacks. Played at 227 pounds in 2010 but dropped a little weight this season and does appear a little quicker.
LAST WEEK: 23 | PLAYER CARD

Dre Kirkpatrick *
DOB: 10/26/89
WT: 192
Tkl 25
Sack 0
Int 0

A solid regular season, though tape will get a close look because of productivity questions. But don't sweat it -- Kirkpatrick can play. Biggest advantage is his elite size for the position, and he doesn't give up much quickness for it.
LAST WEEK: 25 | PLAYER CARD

Dwayne Allen *
DOB: 2/24/90
WT: 255
POS: TE
Rec 48
Yds 577
Avg 12.0
TD 8

Multidimensional tight end who is head and shoulders above the rest of his class. He's athletic but is also a very effective blocker. The NFL is craving these types right now.
LAST WEEK: 24 | PLAYER CARD

Janoris Jenkins
DOB: 10/29/88
HT: 5-10
WT: 177
Tkl 53
Sack 0
Int 2

Quick as a cat with fluid hips and very good instincts for the position. He's a man among boys now at the Division II level, but must be exceptional there and answer questions. Has been dynamic as a punt returner this season.
LAST WEEK: 22

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
bluecoconuts said:
*sigh*

It finally happened. An entire draft younger than me.

Next year it might be my time as well.

:bahumbug:

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
bluecoconuts said:
*sigh*

Sigh...Welcome to my world, young pup. It gets easier, I promise. I just wish I had all of my hair again. :grr:

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
brokeu91 said:
bluecoconuts said:
*sigh*

Sigh...Welcome to my world, young pup. It gets easier, I promise. I just wish I had all of my hair again. :grr:
You think that's bad, I used to say the same thing about presidents....now THAT's depressing....but I've still got my hair.....that is, after spending $20,000 to shift it around some :sly: :razzed:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm lucky, I guess. All of these guys, save for Richardson, are older than me. I do know how you guys feel hockey-wise; the top two prospects for the Blues are both younger than I am.

As for the prospects, I have no idea why Jenkins is in the top twenty-five. The guy has issues with marijuana. It took around five or six marijuana-related offences before Meyer kicked him off of the Gators. I don't even think the Bengals are going to take a chance on him in the first round.

A guy like Manti Te'o makes much more sense. I realize that it's rare that middle linebackers are selected in the first round, but guys like Kuechly, Burflict, and Te'o are just that talented.