Khalil Mack 5 sacks (miss having Quinn in there)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
Khalil Mack got 5 sacks in the 2nd half against Denver (Osweiler, not Manning). Watching this video just reminds me of how much I miss having Quinn wreaking havoc from the RDE. Imagine having the 2013 version of Quinn combined with Donald... might we see that in 2015 I wonder??

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD4SnKOAMOw

For those of us who were pushing for Mack over Robinson (and then perhaps take Zach Martin later), that would have been a not so terrible draft. Mack is also looking like a huge impact player.

20/20 hindsight.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
does Mack get put into a choke hold every time he shoots a gap too? seriously I'm curious

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yeah. Not having Quinn in there changes the complexion of this defense. When he's in there, opposing offenses have to scheme around him. They have to run away from him, allocate more resources to stopping him, and basically always have to account for his whereabouts on the line. And there is nobody on this defensive line that can stunt like him either. Good timely post, junky. I don't think people are aware just how much this defense relies on him being in there or how exponentially better it is with him in there.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Raiders-Broncos was quite the entertaining game to watch, while basking in the afterglow of the Rams' victory.

While the whole country had Cowpies-FudgePackers forced down its throat, I was saved by Sunday Ticket and got to watch a classic divisional matchup that traces its roots back to the AFL days.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Quinn is a force from the edge. One of the best. We miss him, big time.

This was mostly a lost year for him due to injuries.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
does Mack get put into a choke hold every time he shoots a gap too? seriously I'm curious

It's downright disgraceful the way Quinn was treated by refs this tear. Id love someone to put a film together of all the holds that weren't called against him. Someone even suggested the repeated torque on him from the offensive line cheating and getting away with it may have contibuted to his injury.

That said, Mack doesn't suffer in the same way partly because he has an incredible bull rush as well as just being able to turn the corner. The way he fought through some of those guys by just driving them backwards into the QB looked like JJ Watt.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It's downright disgraceful the way Quinn was treated by refs this tear. Id love someone to put a film together of all the holds that weren't called against him.
I'll tell you what I've seen, and I'd love to hear someone else weigh in on it. There are many times that I've seen Quinn exaggerate what's happening to him on borderline hold calls. He'll throw his arms out and lean back as if to draw attention to the fact that someone has him hooked. I've often thought (and still do) that he would do himself a service by fighting through whatever he feels is a hold and just continue going after the QB. Let the calls go as they will. It's almost as if he's doing the NFL equivalent of a flop at times.

there-ive-said-it.gif

jjab360

Legend
I know we already got one HOF DL out of that draft, but crazy that rumors were we were close to taking this guy at 2 overall. If we had gotten him and Donald... :eek:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
First let me apologize for this reminder.....but its just me....when I was watching the Khalil Mack pass rushing show....... the first thing that came to my mind was.....

"2014 first round draft...where the Rams drafted Greg Robinson with the #2 pick & the unlucky Raiders selected the 6-3 255 pound Khalil Mack about 25 minutes later with their 5th pick in the first round . Khalil Mack's 14 sacks, 60 tackles, 2 forced fumbles in 13 weeks is playing at all pro level.....just like GRob".

I know I am into self abuse. Could you imagine a Quinn, Donald, Brockers & Mack DL?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I know I am into self abuse. Could you imagine a Quinn, Donald, Brockers & Mack DL?
Would be deadly for sure.

Along that same vein, can you imagine the death threats levied on Fisher if he passed on two first round O-linemen to pick another defensive player? And would they still have taken Donald if they took Mack? Might have ended up with Zack Martin or something.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I'll tell you what I've seen, and I'd love to hear someone else weigh in on it. There are many times that I've seen Quinn exaggerate what's happening to him on borderline hold calls. He'll throw his arms out and lean back as if to draw attention to the fact that someone has him hooked. I've often thought (and still do) that he would do himself a service by fighting through whatever he feels is a hold and just continue going after the QB. Let the calls go as they will. It's almost as if he's doing the NFL equivalent of a flop at times.

there-ive-said-it.gif

I've seen what I think you're talking about too. I don't see it happening when Q still has a chance to make a play on the QB or RB though. I only remember him throwing his arms back like that once he sees the ball in the air. Or when he's getting choked the fuck out by the LT of course.

It may piss the primadonna NFL refs way the fuck off though. Could be a reason for them not throwing the flag. I believe that.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
First let me apologize for this reminder.....but its just me....when I was watching the Khalil Mack pass rushing show....... the first thing that came to my mind was.....

"2014 first round draft...where the Rams drafted Greg Robinson with the #2 pick & the unlucky Raiders selected the 6-3 255 pound Khalil Mack about 25 minutes later with their 5th pick in the first round . Khalil Mack's 14 sacks, 60 tackles, 2 forced fumbles in 13 weeks is playing at all pro level.....just like GRob".

Sorta sounds like G Rob's stats! :sneaky:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Heck of a game by Mack, but he only had 4 sacks going in.

Not saying he's not going to be a great player, but it was just a great game.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

there-ive-said-it.gif
I agree, and what makes this said is if he didn't give up and go Hollywood selling that he was held his continued effort would make the hold more visible and likely to be called.

FRO

Legend
Yeah if you had a time machine Mack would be the pick. Although I may pick Matthews because we suck on offense.

As far as Quinn, it's impressive how well our defense played without Quinn, Jenkins, McDonald, and Ogletree. That speaks volumes of our depth. While Trumaine gets props, and rightfully so, Roberson and Joyner played great too. If we retain both Jenkins and Johnson and with Gaines coming back you will be hard pressed to find a team with 5 better CBs than us.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Quinn has the ability to destroy the other teams rhythm. Paired with Donald, few offenses can function within the rules of offensive line holding.

It's my opinion that the NFL doesn't want us to win very often, it wouldn't fit the narrative that they are selling right now, which is that the Rams are perpetual losers.

The only reason I feel this way is because the league is owned by a bunch of evil bastard villains who would do anything they think is good for ratings, merch and fan interest.
The other reason I believe this is because...
...... well, we've all seen it.

Fuck Goodell, Kroenke, Jurrah Jones and Co.
Fuck em all to death.

Me? Bitter? Nah.....

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Now... Confession here...I thought this guy was a future bust....and I'm a measurables guy....I just didn't see a dominant player... I watched Buffalo in a bowl game...Not impressed....Think it was Fresno State they played... Think it was because I was all over Anthony Barr's nuts.....LOL

And to someone up /\ there... I'd still want G-Rob