Keys to beating Pittsburgh

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
The weather reports are tricky.

I’ve seen everything from 52 degrees and clear to 32 degrees and rain/snow mix.

It could be a huge factor.

Looks like itll be windy, too.

Gurley and Henderson should own this game imo.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
I think Wade is going to unleash hell on the Steelers passing game. There isn't much of a threat from the running game with only Samuels and Tony Brooks-James likely to suit up. Samuels is talented, but he's more receiver than a true running back.

I expect the Rams to bring some serious pressure and force Rudolph to get rid of the ball extremely quickly. Look for Matthews and Fowler to make life very uncomfortable for him.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
the way this year has gone a key to every game should be good ol play

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think the Rams will win, but I would like to see them play more consistent on offense. More red-zone TD's, a more efficient run game, and no turnovers. I'm sorry but the Rams have spoiled me after the last 2 years. I don't want to squeak out a sloppy win.. I want to crush the steelers in Aaron Donald's old home town, and I hope he gets 2 or 3 sacks.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
I think some of you are overrating the Steelers. The Rams should win this if they don't make mistakes.

Yeah, I agree. I'm not overrating Steelers. I watched them in a few games and I see subpar talent on offense and a very opportunistic defense.

The Steelers can't beat us, but we can lose the game if we are stupid.

I think McVay realizes the big issue he has with the OL and will continue to suboptimize the offense to protect Goff. Vitually the only shot the Steelers have of winning this game is Goff turning the ball over. They are averaging 3.6 sacks/game, 3rd best in the league.

I expect McVay to do everything he can to limit the possibility of Goff turning the ball over. If the Steelers strip sack Goff, then we've got a big problem. I don't think McVay lets that happen. Should be lots of running plays and dump offs to the RBs.

KJD_Ram

Rookie
Hopefully they've spent some of the extra time perfecting and enhancing their screen game....Pittsburgh wants to come after Goff...make em pay..

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Heard a former player on SiriusXM today say he’s watched the Rams OL recently and McVay has been scheming the offense to protect the OL weaknesses. Came in on the middle of it, didn’t hear the guys name, but he said it’s limiting what they can do because they are being very careful not to expose Goff.
I don't think any fan who's been watching the games needs to hear a former player say that to realize it's true. Pretty obvious in fact.

That said they've been working a lot of interior concepts of late that might start bearing fruit now that we have Edwards in there giving us some physicality. What they were at the beginning of the season and what they are now are very different on film. And what they might be at the end of the season could end up being far better than what we've seen of late.

Re: the Steelers their overall run game DVoA isn't too impressive (middle of the pack), but the weighted side tells us they're playing physical ball of late. This will be a dogfight of a physical game, bank that. But I still think we win it provided the defense stops the run and the offense is careful with the ball.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Run the ball right at them , and use the TE's in the middle of the field . Running off tackle and WR screens won't work against their speed .

Too bad McVay didn't do this enough . It worked when he did . The middle of the field is the way teams beat the Steelers . Another 3 point performance from McVays high powered attack