Keys to beating Pittsburgh

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
The Indy game was sloppy there were ints, fumbles, safety, PI and late hits all with consequences a definitely sloppy game capped off by a badly missed Vinateri kick.

My thoughts on how we win this game.

Our LBs really need to be all over the short routes. Mason Rudolf is a check down or short route QB.

Must pressure with 5 or more freeing up Donald.

Blanket Juju with Ramsey take him out of the game.

Not sure on their run game if Conner and Snell will play or not. There third stringer Samuel didn't look bad.

Offense stretch the field stress their defense. They like to rush/blitz 5 so be aware of this on the longer developing routes watch out for their OLBs - Bud Dupre/TJ Watt they can wreck havok. Got to run to set up the play action.

Most of all no stupid late hits, unnecessary roughness, PIs etc. Pittsburgh got a FG out of UR play just before the half when there was no shot. That FG was the difference in the game.

Last edited:

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
If the Rams don't turn the ball over they should win this game going away.

Two weeks off I want to see the OL do a better job in the run game. Blythe and Havenstien need to play better.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If the Rams don't turn the ball over they should win this game going away.

Two weeks off I want to see the OL do a better job in the run game. Blythe and Havenstien need to play better.
That Indy game was littered with turnovers one resulting in a Safety another Minkah Fitzpatrick int resulting in a very long return for a TD. Big penalties causing both teams alot of pain we must be disciplined if we want to make the playoffs. Pittsburgh is a desperate team in striking distance thanks to a lucky Indy win (shades of our Seattle game FG). We must play smart football.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Things have been going Pittsburgh's way recently and the injury to Jacoby Brissett is one example and the Colts still should have won that game. The Steeler offense is struggling and unless the Los Angeles Rams can't handle 47 degrees, they should win this game, but Pittsburgh is always a tough place to play.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
The Rams win this game easily if they don’t beat themselves with turnovers and penalties.

We have much more talent. They will try to win with intangibles in their house. It’s gonna be like a college environment. Loud and physical. On grass and dirt.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Concerned about the offense and more specifically, the OL. The Steelers have a very good, very underrated front. The additional of Fitzpatrick has also improved their back end - our offense has looked better, but against bad defenses. The Steelers have a pretty good one. Our defense will need to dominate for us to win this game IMO.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Steelers' run game with Conner has been a mediocre bottom third (he's 21st in rushing SR). His other advanced stats are lower, so he's a non-threat to bust big runs. And they need the run game to work to beat us, so they're going to come in and try to mash.

Just stop the run and be careful with the ball on offense and this is the type of matchup the Rams will win.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
After carefully watching the Steelers last two games I can say that we should (key word), win this game. I expect a tough game in the first half and we should pull away in the second.
There are some things about the Steelers that do concern me. One, Watt, that kid can flat our play. He is very fast off the line and has a good nose for the football. Hav, has had a hard time all year with speed rushers and Watt will be one of the better DE/OLB's he will face this season. While I do think Hav can handle him it's going to take a little help from our TE's to give Goff more time.
Second thing I'm worried about is the Steelers run game. They have a great Oline, Pouncey however can be beat with the bull rush. He is very susceptible to getting pushed back into the QB. Watch the last two games and there were lesser than's pushing him back into Rudolph. If we can generate pressure up the gut Rudolph will be a turnover machine.
The last thing is we have to watch out for those deep passes,, while none of their WR's scare me really esp. with Ramsey covering Juju I think the Steelers always throw the ball deep at least 4 times a game and we have to ready for that.

The Steelers are not a very good team, but they are a good at getting teams to play down to their level, we cannot play that way and let them hang around. We have to make Rudolph beat us thru the air if we're going to run away with this game and look like the SB team we were last year. If we can get this win and win with authority I think that will bode well for us for the rest of the season.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have to wait every 8 years for the Rams to play in my back yard . 16 years ago , Bulger and Holt lit up the Steelers . 8 years ago I suffered through Kellen Clemens stench and Josh Bronn missing 2 field goals for a 27-0 beat down. I just want to witness a win in any fashion . Who knows if I'll be here 8 years from now .

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
The weather reports are tricky.

I’ve seen everything from 52 degrees and clear to 32 degrees and rain/snow mix.

It could be a huge factor.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
With Cooks ruled out Everett and Reynolds will need to step up. The TE play is going to be crucial.

Hopefully with Mathews back and Obo getting some snaps our rush should be in full force. Pittsburgh has a good OL we must force Rudolf off his spot and to throw earlier. Or our secondary needs to create coverage mismatches giving our dline and olbs time to get to Rudolf.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Things have been going Pittsburgh's way recently and the injury to Jacoby Brissett is one example and the Colts still should have won that game. The Steeler offense is struggling and unless the Los Angeles Rams can't handle 47 degrees, they should win this game, but Pittsburgh is always a tough place to play.

Pittsburg's 4-4 record might be a bit overrated. Wins over the Bengals and Dolphins bolster their defensive stats.

Against the Colts one of their two TD's was a 96 yard pick 6. Against the Chargers one TD was a dumb backwards pass resulting in a fumble returned for a TD. Another was a drive on the Chargers side of the field.

Bottom line, don't turn the ball over and give them a short field. Their offense probably isn't capable of more than one 75 yard TD drive per game. And don't play loose off the ball coverage. Rudolph is a check down machine. I don't think his coaches trust him to throw down field.

Ram65

Legend
Steeler at home needing a win is not an easy situation even without Big Ben. They got better when they added Fitzpatrick. Their defense has helped the offense which isn't very good. AD playing at home should be pumped up and that should pump up his defensive teammates. Rams need to take care of their own business for the win. That includes limiting turnover and penalties. Steelers with the late start to get colder weather in. Gameday high is now in low 50. It doesn't look like any rain/snow which is good for Rams offense. It should be comfortable enough for the Rams to win the game.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Run the ball right at them , and use the TE's in the middle of the field . Running off tackle and WR screens won't work against their speed .

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Heard a former player on SiriusXM today say he’s watched the Rams OL recently and McVay has been scheming the offense to protect the OL weaknesses. Came in on the middle of it, didn’t hear the guys name, but he said it’s limiting what they can do because they are being very careful not to expose Goff.

fearsomefour

Legend
The line play is what this game is about.
Steelers OL is much better than the Rams and the Rams DL is not as good as the Steelers.
The Rams do have difference makers that the Steelers do not.
I would mix coverages and blitzes to confuse the young QB. It really comes down to being able to control their run game and the Rams OL functioning.
We will find out if the Rams OL has gotten better or if the last two games were just subpar opponents.
I expect a physical, hard fought low scoring game.