Kevin Demoff on the game (KMOX)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[rp3]http://cbsstlouis.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/8-26-kevin-demoff.mp3[/rp3]

Coming off their third preseason game, the Rams are hoping for better results than what they displayed in Texas on Saturday evening losing to the Dallas Cowboys 20-19. Ron broke down the game with Rams Executive VP of Football Operations/COO Kevin Demoff.

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/?podcast_ur ... id=CBS.STL

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
"We still didn't have our full parts on the offensive line."

ME: Granted. But.
What happens if that becomes the case during the regular season?
It's scary to think, but this team actually is one injury away from having the entire line being in upheaval.

Also from Demoff...

We have to make 15 cuts by tomorrow afternoon, and we'll probably start sometime today. Another 22 after Thursday night's game. There's gonna 1200 players cuts between now and next Friday.

We're in good position to pick players up from other teams. You may see us claim a few guys, a lot of guys, or no guys.

Our depth at various positions has a lot of competition, and that's why you saw a little bit of a resurgence in the 4th quarter last night.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
"We still didn't have our full parts on the offensive line."

ME: Granted. But.
What happens if that becomes the case during the regular season?
It's scary to think, but this team actually is one injury away from having the entire line being in upheaval.

Also from Demoff...

We have to make 15 cuts by tomorrow afternoon, and we'll probably start sometime today. Another 22 after Thursday night's game. There's gonna 1200 players cuts between now and next Friday.

We're in good position to pick players up from other teams. You may see us claim a few guys, a lot of guys, or no guys.

Our depth at various positions has a lot of competition, and that's why you saw a little bit of a resurgence in the 4th quarter last night.
Top of my list from day 1.
Offensive tackle, and safety.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
If the.concensus says the offensive line overall needed to be addressed well we had a chance to get every other available tackle not named Matt Kalil. I don't think anyone here wanted us to overpay for Winston, and no other names come to mind. Also tackles are hardly if ever traded. I know its sketchy right now from our perception but obviously Snead and Fisher had a plan in place to be comfortable w/ our current line.

A few things that are concerning me; "replacement" refs (never thought it could be so awful), Quentin Mikell (i hope its just the "rust" wearing off), Barry Richardson (huge liability for Bradford,just from my eyes so far), Receivers (im waiting for 1-2 not named Amendola to REALLY step it up) and I hope to see less zone and more man coverage (we have the cb's fully capable).

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
BatteringRambo said:
If the.concensus says the offensive line overall needed to be addressed well we had a chance to get every other available tackle not named Matt Kalil. I don't think anyone here wanted us to overpay for Winston, and no other names come to mind. Also tackles are hardly if ever traded. I know its sketchy right now from our perception but obviously Snead and Fisher had a plan in place to be comfortable w/ our current line.

A few things that are concerning me; "replacement" refs (never thought it could be so awful), Quentin Mikell (i hope its just the "rust" wearing off), Barry Richardson (huge liability for Bradford,just from my eyes so far), Receivers (im waiting for 1-2 not named Amendola to REALLY step it up) and I hope to see less zone and more man coverage (we have the cb's fully capable).
The guy I liked was Matt Kalil first, and then Cordy Glenn. I thought that Glenn could play 4 positions, so that he'd be a great pickup who help wherever we needed him. I had arguments with guys who said he couldn't play tackle, or maybe right tackle, but certainly guard first. Well, Mr. Glenn is a staring Left Tackle. I'm not a big look back guy, but you asked...

I love your observation about man and zone coverage. Every guy we have can play man. We need both though, so hopefully we will play better zone in the future.

bluecoconuts

Legend
If we keep having issues with the line OT will have to be one of our picks next year. Depending on who falls where. I'm not a big college guy so I don't know who is coming out or how good they are.

Ugh I hate talking about the draft before the season even starts. Luckily I'm assuming the Redskins will be giving us a top 3 pick. :ww:

Really though, we need to solidify the line.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
bluecoconuts said:
If we keep having issues with the line OT will have to be one of our picks next year. Depending on who falls where. I'm not a big college guy so I don't know who is coming out or how good they are.

Ugh I hate talking about the draft before the season even starts. Luckily I'm assuming the Redskins will be giving us a top 3 pick. :ww:

I know what they were thinking, both Rich and Smith are huge talented guys, and they can coach them up, but I sure wish they would have called me first, lol.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
DR RAM said:
bluecoconuts said:

I know what they were thinking, both Rich and Smith are huge talented guys, and they can coach them up, but I sure wish they would have called me first, lol.

I completely understand the thought process behind us signing Richardson, maybe a change in scenery would have been good for him, but he hasnt improved, and I dont even remember who else was available in FA at the time. Its so disappointing seeing Smith lose reps to him. I never saw that coming.