Kevin Demoff coming up on E$PN 101 @ 5:00PM CSDT

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Randy is going to ask him about his sources that it's a done deal the Rams are moving. We'll see.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Randy is going to ask him about his sources that it's a done deal the Rams are moving. We'll see.

Not trying to be a jerk, Dag, but what will we see about? Demoff isn't going to confirm it. If they wanted to do that, they would have announced it.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Not trying to be a jerk, Dag, but what will we see about? Demoff isn't going to confirm it. If they wanted to do that, they would have announced it.

Just meaning seeing how he answered is all. That said, you might not be trying, but if walks likes a duck. Good lord... I was just saying what Randy K said he was going to ask. :rolleyes:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just meaning seeing how he answered is all. That said, you might not be trying, but if walks likes a duck. Good lord... I was just saying what Randy K said he was going to ask. :rolleyes:

I'm sure it'll be the same answer we've heard for months now. I'm not attacking you, buddy, I'm just saying that I'm sure Demoff has prepared for the question to be asked. I don't expect anything big to come of it. But if something important is said, I'm glad you're listening. :)

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
I'm sure it'll be the same answer we've heard for months now. I'm not attacking you, buddy, I'm just saying that I'm sure Demoff has prepared for the question to be asked. I don't expect anything big to come of it. But if something important is said, I'm glad you're listening. :)

All good man. Busy here and just thought I would post. I meant more that Randy K was going to ask him about what he's heard from "his" sources and his beliefs. I didn't think he would, but he did. Same old stuff though. Demoff said no agreements have been done. That said, I doubt if Demoff would even be in the loop on said matters.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Hard to believe he didn't come right out and announce that the move happen in the 3rd week of February.
Exactly, or that the Rams have decided to stay in St. Louis no matter what. I don't think anyone who thought about it, would have thought he would have said much different

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
I actually thought that there were a few things that could be taken from the interview.
Here's what I got from it:

1. Randy Karraker won't mention relocation again (prior to an official announcement) if he wants to keep his job as a Rams broadcaster.
If he wants to continue being the Mean Gene Okerlund of the Rams he'll keep his "opinions" to himself.

2. If the Rams end up with a new stadium in the St. Louis area they'll stay in St. Louis.
Pretty straight forward. New stadium, no problem. No stadium, no guarantees.
That pretty much says it all.

3. Dmarco Farr publicly hates the 49ers, Kevin Demoff does not.

Obviously these are just my opinions, and not terribly insightful ones at that, but it's what I took away from the interview.

V3

Hall of Fame
I thought what KD said was quite telling, TBH. In all the prior interviews when asked about this topic, he'd always wax poetic about how the Rams are dedicated to St. Louis and will do everything in their power to make it work out here. This interview was nothing like that. At all. He said there are no promises and they're playing out the season and seeing where it goes from there. That's a big difference, IMO. He wouldn't even say they've been proactive about reaching out to city leadership.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
It's a game of leverage, and Randy Karraker is just a pawn. This is all about positioning now..

A55VA6

Legend
I thought what KD said was quite telling, TBH. In all the prior interviews when asked about this topic, he'd always wax poetic about how the Rams are dedicated to St. Louis and will do everything in their power to make it work out here. This interview was nothing like that. At all. He said there are no promises and they're playing out the season and seeing where it goes from there. That's a big difference, IMO. He wouldn't even say they've been proactive about reaching out to city leadership.
This is what I got from it as well.

vdesai

UDFA
I actually thought that there were a few things that could be taken from the interview.
Here's what I got from it:

1. Randy Karraker won't mention relocation again (prior to an official announcement) if he wants to keep his job as a Rams broadcaster.
If he wants to continue being the Mean Gene Okerlund of the Rams he'll keep his "opinions" to himself.

2. If the Rams end up with a new stadium in the St. Louis area they'll stay in St. Louis.
Pretty straight forward. New stadium, no problem. No stadium, no guarantees.
That pretty much says it all.

3. Dmarco Farr publicly hates the 49ers, Kevin Demoff does not.

Obviously these are just my opinions, and not terribly insightful ones at that, but it's what I took away from the interview.

This is exactly what I got aswell. Point 1, I thought he had come out and said a source had said to him that the Rams are moving. On point 2, I think the people in charge of politics in the city should really get on top of getting this issue resolved, because whether they like to admit it or not the Rams bring in money to the city and the state. Finally on point 3, I don't think Demoff can come out and say he hates the niners, because he likely has connections he needs to maintain in the league and it isn't professional for a FO guy to come out and say he hates anyone while its perfectly fine for a player to say it.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Rams are beginning to ramp up the fear factor, as expected. It is out of fear of moving a new stadium gets built. It will only get uglier.

Status
Not open for further replies.