Kenny Young

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
I don't know if that's true. The Rams originally wanted Joel Bitonio from the Browns. Th Browns said no, so the Rams traded with the Ravens. I think that trade was more about saving cap space and getting a draft pick, which was used to acquire Ramsey. Getting Young imo was just a bonus. I don't think Young would've played 0 defensive snaps if Wade actually wanted him.

I think you may have this mixed up with the trade that brought Corbett to the Rams. They wanted Bitonio but ended up trading for Corbett.
Kenny Young came to us in the Peters trade.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I think you may have this mixed up with the trade that brought Corbett to the Rams. They wanted Bitonio but ended up trading for Corbett.
Kenny Young came to us in the Peters trade.
Click the link in my post. The Rams initially offered Peters to the Browns for Bitonio, the Browns turned that offer down, but were willing to trade Corbett. The Rams got Corbett for a future 5th and sent Peters off to Baltimore for a 5th and Young.

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
Click the link in my post. The Rams initially offered Peters to the Browns for Bitonio, the Browns turned that offer down, but were willing to trade Corbett. The Rams got Corbett for a future 5th and sent Peters off to Baltimore for a 5th and Young.
My bad, didn't click on the link. Thank you for clarifying.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Young will get a full training camp, which will help, but he will have to battle for his roster spot. Rams will draft a player for the spot, to replace Littleton.
I agree about Young getting a full training camp in order to have a shot at starting position. After seeing some film of the 3 or 4 games he started with the Ravens, he appears to play better than the negatives listed in his scouting report. As far as the Draft is concerned, they may draft an ILB, but I'm not sure who they draft will be that much better on paper of Kenny Young or Travin Howard unless it's Zach Baun or Patrick Queen (LSU).
Coach Staley said in an interview, at the Combine, regarding the LB's that, ".... and, a lot of them are currently in place, so it's going to be exciting to work with the guys here."
With that said, I see the depth chart like this:

Stongside ILB: Micah Kiser - Troy Reeder - Natrez Patrick
Weakside ILB: Kenny Young - Travin Howard

I listed Patrick @ ILB because that's where he played at Georgia. The Rams had him playing OLB last preseson. I don't think Patrick can compete with Durham, Polite, Holland, and Lawler for a roster spot at OLB.

I am actually looking forward to seeing Kiser and Young as ILB's in the base defense regardless if they draft another one or not.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
With a new DC in town, who's really 'safe'? Donald, Ramsey, Brockers, Robinson, Floyd, Rapp, JJ.....beyond that who? The beneficiary will be Ram fans because guys we may not have thought much of could explode if given the chance. Maybe Kizer is a beast. Maybe Kenny Young. Maybe Obo or Polite. Ya just never know. Everybody, with the exception of those stars (and even them) need to earn a roster spot.

Well Ebukham & OBO for sure are going to play. Big part in 2020. That is a given, except for what would keep any other player off the field.
Hill & Williams will get solid playing time as well. Hill really up’d his game & Williams showed he can hang in the NFL. Excellent hands. He might lead the team in INT’s(prediction), but how far David Long improves is another story. Robey Coleman leaves a spot open.
Staley will still trust the position coaches for there group of players as well.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've watched Wade's defenses for years living in Colorado. I'm not very knowledgeable regarding Young. What I know about Wade is he's set in his ways. Since Young didn't start the season with the team outside of a major injury he wasn't going to crack time in the lineup.

I think those of you who brought up a training camp could change his value hut the nail on the head.

Does anyone know the severity of his late season ankle injury? Just wondering.