Kenny Moore

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Londoner

Twitchy sophomore.
Sneed led the NFL in penalties, if you exclude offensive linemen:

IMG_7720.jpg

A talented CB who gives away penalties? We already have one of those.

I’d rather we drafted an elite CB this year; there are five or six potential candidates in this year’s draft.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I expect that the Rams sign a few mid tier free agents. Someone like Julian Blackmon at safety. Maybe Kendall Fuller from the Commodes or Steve Nelson from the Texans at corner.

I'd love a big time signing at corner or safety. Maybe Kyle Rugged will be itching to get out of New England. This years safety class in the draft isn't very deep from what I've seen. They may have to find an upgrade in free agency. Jourdan has reported a few times now that the Rams want more length at corner and safety.

Last edited:

Londoner

Twitchy sophomore.
Pity that Winfield is almost certain to get franchised by TB. He would be my number one priority in free agency.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'd probably look to address CB in the Draft and use big FA money elsewhere. (I might add a good #2 type CB if one is available for a reasonable price.)
I'll change my mind a hundred times before the draft of course but my current master plan is to sign Dotson and Evans in FA. Then go heavy defense in the draft.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
We all know Dotson will command a big contract, but many seem to forget that Shelton will cost some $, too. Not nearly in the same range as Dotson, but see can't keep Shelton on the cheap anymore.

Stafford needs protection, and the last 2 years have shown us the impact of a quality OL. Everything else is secondary (pun intended).

I'd vote for spending whatever it takes to keep our OL intact.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53

I’d rather we drafted an elite CB this year; there are five or six potential candidates in this year’s draft.
Not a fair comparison. Kendrick is not what I'd call talented, he last too much speed.

Plus, Sneed had a lot more penalties than that chart shows. Those are just the accepted penalties. He averaged one per game. Still, he didn't give up a touchdown pass all year.

Watch him in the playoffs, he won't remind you of Kendrick at all.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We all know Dotson will command a big contract, but many seem to forget that Shelton will cost some $, too. Not nearly in the same range as Dotson, but see can't keep Shelton on the cheap anymore.

Stafford needs protection, and the last 2 years have shown us the impact of a quality OL. Everything else is secondary (pun intended).

I'd vote for spending whatever it takes to keep our OL intact.
Eh, we'll see on Dotson. I'm not so sure he'll cost a huge amount. But yes, I'd pay to bring him back. Coleman Shelton is signed through 2024.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Eh, we'll see on Dotson. I'm not so sure he'll cost a huge amount. But yes, I'd pay to bring him back. Coleman Shelton is signed through 2024.
Dotson has been playing at a near Pro Bowl level and plenty of teams will go after him.

As for Shelton, I believe the poster @Kupped said he had an escape clause in his contract based on number of snaps played, making him an UFA in 2024.

EDIT: Yeah, Shelton played over 55% of snaps in 2023, so now he is an UFA in 2024.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
That's your opinion. Mine differs.
Everyone is entitled to have an opinion. It would be nice if you explained what you've seen that makes him talented. Maybe your definition of the word is different?

Last edited:

dang

Legend

View attachment 63702

Perhaps Kendrick misread his contract to include an incentive bonus for penalties (instead of passes defended). Man was he close to the lead.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Dotson has been playing at a near Pro Bowl level and plenty of teams will go after him.
If the Rams want to keep him around I'd imagine they get it done before he hits the market.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

As for Shelton, I believe the poster @Kupped said he had an escape clause in his contract based on number of snaps played, making him an UFA in 2024.

EDIT: Yeah, Shelton played over 55% of snaps in 2023, so now he is an UFA in 2024.

Not ideal. I wouldn't pay Shelton a huge amount of money.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake

View attachment 63702

Except Kendricks is not talented.