1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kenny Britt visiting Rams

Discussion in 'RAMS - NFL TALK' started by Sum1BTRthnU, Mar 14, 2014.

1. PhxRam The Estimated Prophet

good question. I assume they would let everyone not named Tavon battle it out.

2. Boffo97 Well-Known Member

If we do sign this guy, it should be a lowball "kick the tires" type contract. It shouldn't eliminate the possibility of taking Watkins.

That said, the more I hear, the less I'd be disappointed with him going elsewhere and the less I think he'd make the roster anyway.

It's too bad. He did some good on some Madden games of the past I brought him in on.

3. Memphis Ram Well-Known Member

4. kurtfaulk Well-Known Member

Kenny Britt WR TEN 50 Mins
    Free agent WR Kenny Britt will visit with the Patriots on Sunday.

Britt visited with the Rams on Saturday, but left without a contract. New England still has a need at receiver after bringing back Julian Edelman and could be a fit given Bill Belichick's ties to former Rutgers players. Britt has drawn interest from as many as five teams, but should only require a one-year, "prove-it" deal.

5. moklerman Warner-phile

Thanks for the article. It's easy to get excited about his potential and skill but if you made it to the very end, this pops up from his doctor and punctuates how immature he seems to be.

Sometimes it takes a little longer for a guy to grow up but it's sure not something you want to deal with. If he doesn't get it by now, it's hard to imagine he's ever going to. Did the Rams actually offer him a contract I wonder? Seems like an indictment against his personality if that's the case.

6. A55VA6 Shutdown Corner

I'd say Pettis is odd man out, everyone else is safe. Quick is safe this year I believe, but it's time to produce.

7. OnceARam Well-Known Member

Just say no, boys.

nighttrain likes this.
  8. lockdnram21 Well-Known Member

dont worry he made it to the patriots. if they want him they not letting him leave

9. kurtfaulk Well-Known Member

pettis is the perfect "move the chains" wr. why would the rams want to let go of that. why is everyone so ready to cut him?

quick isn't going anywhere either.

the rams aren't drafting watkins. forget about it.

rhinobean likes this.
  10. RamFan503 Grill and Brew Master

I wouldn't go THAT far but if we do, I'm actually thinking Givens may be the odd man out because he has similar skills but doesn't quite seem to have the IT.

rhinobean and Alan like this.
  11. Barrison Well-Known Member

What do you think Stedman Bailey is for!?!? Lol just playing but I see him as our future #2, just gotta find out if Quick is/will be our number 1. Maybe Watkins will surpass Quick but you at least gotta give him this year to see if he can piece it all together.

12. RamFan503 Grill and Brew Master

All for it Barry. I'm not in the Watkins camp. But I just don't see him as being totally out of the picture. I think Sted is going to light it up and Quick will be used much more this year - especially with Sam actually being able to throw the 9 or GO route.

nighttrain, rhinobean and Barrison like this.
  13. lockdnram21 Well-Known Member

were still in play for Britt. patriots just signed brandon lfell

14. Memphis Ram Well-Known Member

And I read somewhere that the date has past where some portion of Amendola's salary became guaranteed so he'll probably stick around, too.

15. Sum1 Well-Known Member

Why would you have to cut anyone at this point? Even in season, the Rams carried only 5 WRs last season...doesn't mean they wouldn't carry 6 this year.

And both of those guys are better than Justin Veltung.

16. Sum1 Well-Known Member

I wonder if it is possible they brought in Britt to give the perception they are looking at adding a WR to drum up potential interest in the no.2 draft pick. That is, if Snead was telling the truth that they don't want to add anyone else.

17. ReddingRam Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if the Pats would be out of his market now. They did re-sign Edleman yesterday .... looks like Amendola is going to stay ... signed LaFell .... but who are their other 2-3? Also... Britt is a different mold of WR than they have had (Big, strong, physical). I guess Carolina can look at him now too.

18. Sum1 Well-Known Member

Aaron Dobson and Kenbrell Thompkins.

ReddingRam likes this.
  19. moklerman Warner-phile

Doesn't say much for where Britt is right now if the Rams and Pat's have both passed on him, does it?

20. ReddingRam Well-Known Member

Aaaahhhh yes .... thanks. Yep ... I would say they are done then.